UFC just signed new heavyweight Francis Ngannou, 28 years old and explosive

his best win is over a very sloppy and slow HW (William Gigante Baldutti) who pretty much fails when he can't outmuscle his opponents...

Ngannou isn't tested. Young still, so who knows how far he can go in the aging HW division.

Top 10? So what? Frank Mir is around top 10, Big Foot is around top 10. I have no interest in another Frank Mir or Big Foot calibre fighter who will never touch the title. It's going to be the same old Cain/JDS/Werdum rematches unless there's someone who seriously stir up the division, and without seeing this guy fight at least once in the UFC I fail to see why anyone should get excited.

How long have you been an MMA fan? My guess is about three years tops. Frank Mir is a former UFC champion, and Bigfoot has held titles, as well as a victory over Fedor. The fact that they're top ten, despite being past their prime, is exactly why you need young talent coming into the division. You're really not interested in the UFC adding a potential top ten heavyweight? Not everyone is a Velazquez, from day one. Some guys take time to develop into a Werdum. Not saying this guy will, but if you aren't interested in anyone but the top five, you're going to miss out on a lot of great fighters.

They should sign Yosef Ali Mohammed.

Yosef Ali Mohammed is fighting in the IFG Heavyweight tournament. He fights Fernando Rodrigues Jr. in the next round on August 29th.

Top 10? So what? Frank Mir is around top 10, Big Foot is around top 10. I have no interest in another Frank Mir or Big Foot calibre fighter who will never touch the title. It's going to be the same old Cain/JDS/Werdum rematches unless there's someone who seriously stir up the division, and without seeing this guy fight at least once in the UFC I fail to see why anyone should get excited.

Lolllllll you sound mad as shit. Just be happy they're trying to add depth to the worst weight class in the UFC

Cool, HW really needs new guys and this guy seems promising.

his best win is over a very sloppy and slow HW (William Gigante Baldutti) who pretty much fails when he can't outmuscle his opponents...

Ngannou isn't tested. Young still, so who knows how far he can go in the aging HW division.

This is pretty much what the UFC is left with though in their heavier weight classes, young untested guys who they throw up against the older proven fighters.

Back