UFC just paid the Heavyweight champ 600k to headline a PPV and Dana wonders why Francis is unhappy

600k for that performance seems like theft

You don't get paid for how exciting your fight was in hindsight. You get paid in prizefighting for two things:

1. Winning
2. Do people care about you, and tune in to want you to win or lose (i.e. create polarization)?

GSP and Floyd are this generation's biggest stars in each sport and neither man is known for a ton of highlight reel finishes.

You're barely worth the 30k per year McDonalds is paying you mate.

That's the weirdest "argument" people come up with to defend UFC pay. "Hell I'd take that money for one night's work". Francis is the "baddest man on the planet", you're a nobody.

What do I have to do with any of Francis pay? Where would you even have data on me to make that assessment?
You've had a bit too much to drink tonight son. Go home.

Not defending this, but two things:

Boxing purses are usually exaggerated, they do make a few times more for the same PPV buys, but not the huge numbers posted around, specially those like Floyd's numbers.

UFC pay seems lower than what it actually is (it is low) because they have such small purses but fighters make some more money off the PPV, just clearly not as much as boxing does.

If someone seems underpaid are Moreno and Fig.

If Ngannou is smart, he would have the one boxing match, get paid millions (win, lose, or draw), and ride off into the sunset. He isn't getting any younger and the UFC is not going to give him a fair shake, no matter how many fighters he knocks out. Dana White is making Don King look like a more lucrative promoter for the fighters.

Dana's tactics are clear as day when it comes to treating his star fighters:

1. If you're locked in a cheapie contract: Hyperbolic hype so UFC can sell PPV's off your back while you continue to make peanuts.
2. If you're in a position to negotiate a larger salary: Hyperbolic hate. Announce fights that have not been signed and then accuse of you of ducking.

The funniest part to me is that if they just paid their fighters more money they would be able to attract decent athletes that wouldn't have put on a shit ass fight like that. They are shooting themselves in the foot.

Oh ok, That might also be a reason why they didn't stack it then. To make sure it didn't reach the number of sales to give Ngannou a PPV cut, basically fuck him over twice, no cut, and to "prove" there is no interest in him fighting, for other organizations/boxing.

Weird tho, IMO they should be guaranteed a cut of the PPV if they are champions.
Yea, not sure if they restructured it since the ESPN deal. Think BJ Penn put out the pay breakdown for champ PPV points (could be wrong) Dana also said ESPN made the PPV pricing change (Not sure if lying, but, doubt he would bury ESPN publicly, even as a promoter, that would not be smart at all, makes me tend to believe ESPN has sa in PPV pricing tbh)

It's why Tyron Woodley wanted in on one of those Ronda cards (did not get that one), Conor card and the Jones vs. DC II card so bad, because, they would sell and increase his pay. And was sliding scale, like, every threshold was a bigger dollar amount added. Once again, not sure if restructured once the ESPN deal

Ngannou and Gane aren't big stars. Fury and Wilder are two of the biggest names in boxing. MMA has no one with star power right now, other than McGregor, who is injured.

The Paul brothers make more because of star power. Star power, not skill, determines pay.

I want you to explain to me - no bullshit - how Ngannou can headline a PPV the UFC charges $75 for, but isn't a star?

Do you think the hundreds of thousands of people who paid $75 to watch signed up because they love to hear Jon Anik tell them to eat corn nuts and drive a Harley?

The UFC is paying out an average of 18% of revenue to fighters for over a decade. Its a fact from court documents in the class action. These guys are getting paid pennies on the dollar and Ngannou is just a shockingly egregious example for all the world to see.

600k to headline a $75 PPV as the literal heavyweight champion of the world, for a company that did a billion dollars of revenue last year. They are getting robbed out in the open.

I want you to explain to me - no bullshit - how Ngannou can headline a PPV the UFC charges $75 for, but isn't a star?

Do you think the hundreds of thousands of people who paid $75 to watch signed up because they love to hear Jon Anik tell them to eat corn nuts and drive a Harley?

The UFC is paying out an average of 18% of revenue to fighters for over a decade. Its a fact from court documents in the class action. These guys are getting paid pennies on the dollar and Ngannou is just a shockingly egregious example for all the world to see.

600k to headline a $75 PPV as the literal heavyweight champion of the world, for a company that did a billion dollars of revenue last year. They are getting robbed out in the open.

What was the UFC's profit? I honestly don't know. Revenue doesn't mean much because there are tons of other expenses, such as renting an arena. If the UFC has a big profit margin (>30%), then I could see you arguing for higher fighter pay.

You also have to consider that the UFC signs long-term contracts, and if business declines, then they are stuck with expensive contracts. Right now, the future doesn't look bright for the UFC due to a lack of stars, which means signing expensive contracts is risky.

The funniest part to me is that if they just paid their fighters more money they would be able to attract decent athletes that wouldn't have put on a shit ass fight like that. They are shooting themselves in the foot.

The UFC can't think past the next fiscal quarter. They've long thought that it's up to the other orgs to grow the sport, and they feed into the UFC monster. Their only growth strategy is to build Performance Institutes in markets they want to conquer.

LMAO, I'd love to see someone try to defend this. Absolute SCUMBAGS, these UFC cunts.

Major PPV they're charging the public $75 bucks to watch, and they paid out $1,450,000 for the main and co-main events total! They're actually paying a WORLD CHAMPION 200k to co-headline a PPV.

Francis now has the leverage to tell Dana to eat his ass and balls, and Dana will go into his regular spin cycle and paint Ngannou as the bad guy for wanting more money, wanting to box, etc.

Gee, I wonder why Francis would want to box?

"Per the Nevada State Athletic Commission, the contractually-guaranteed purses for Wilder and Fury are both for $5 million. However, as noted by ESPN's Dan Rafael, both men are actually guaranteed more than $25 million, plus a percentage of the pay-per-view receipts."

"Usyk will make a solid payday for this title fight, but Joshua will make the bulk of the money as the champion and bigger name. Total Sportal is reporting Joshua will earn a guaranteed £10 million (approximately $13.7 million) while Usyk will earn a guaranteed £3 million (approximately $4.1 million).

Both fighters are getting a cut of the PPV sales, but it is unclear how much that would entail. Joshua would likely be getting the larger percentage of the PPV after promotion fees are pulled out. Joshua’s last fight against Kubrat Pulev generated between 600,000 and 700,000 PPV buys, per ESPN’s Mike Coppinger. "

I wonder if Gane and Ngannou get to share in a percentage of the PPV sales? loooooool

MMAs a bum sport that relied on bigoted champs to sell a product to investors.

What was the UFC's profit? I honestly don't know. Revenue doesn't mean much because there are tons of other expenses, such as renting an arena. If the UFC has a big profit margin (>30%), then I could see you arguing for higher fighter pay.

The UFC had record breaking profits the last year. Don't take my word for it, look up Dana and Ariel Emanuel both openly bragging about it.

EBITA and COGS (consider labor for them is really COGS) are obscene. There is a reason Fertitta marketed the hilariously low 18% of revenue going to fighter pay when selling the company. That was one of their primary selling points in the slide deck.

You also have to consider that the UFC signs long-term contracts, and if business declines, then they are stuck with expensive contracts. Right now, the future doesn't look bright for the UFC due to a lack of stars, which means signing expensive contracts is risky.

This is so wrong to the point of questioning if you are being wrong on purpose?

They have RECORD BREAKING revenue and profit right now. They are printing money and have long term, guaranteed contracts with ESPN for media rights. This is all publicly available information. You have no idea what you're talking about - or worse, you do and you are publishing misinformation purposefully.

I wouldn't even give him 10k for that performance another Francis classic up their wirh Lewis.

All 3 champs would have received ppv points. Stop with this nonsense.

Does Ngannou get a PPV cut? Because it doesn't seem like you get a PPV cut just because you are a champion right?

What does it take to get a PPV cut?

Bigger stars get a bigger percentage of the ppv I think. I thought every champ automatically got ppv points but then figgy complained said it's time for him to get a cut of the ppv after he won and then Dana agreed.

Although Aljo said he autmatically gets ppv points now that he's "champ" so who knows how it really works.

That's $24,000 per minute

That's a horrible take. Add in the hours spent training and doing other ancillary activities related to the fight (seeing nutritionists, doctors, doing media), the fact that the company uses his name and image to sell the event, his out of pocket expenses etc. He's not being paid to mow the lawn.

Isn’t Ngannou one of the biggest UFC stars now?

Which current champ is more marketable? Adesanya and Usman maybe? For sure not Glover or Figueredo or Yan or Pena or Amanda.

It's daylight robbery but alot of shercunts defending this filth. Great job sherbro.{<redford}

Back