News UFC joins Cannabis business

For those unaware, Aurora Cannabis is headquartered in Edmonton, which is where UFC 240 is taking place.
tenor.gif

I've been enjoying pot and prizefights in tandem for 20 years.

This feels like validation of the finest variety.

Their website is just as bad as the UFC website. Makes sense.

Lemme get a pound of dat H Bomb fam.

hqdefault.jpg

Nate Diaz: The Original Trail Blazer for CBD Oil in Sports

Diaz was threatened by a ban since MMA fighters aren’t permitted to use marijuana, and can even face a multiple-year long ban if their post-match drug test came back positive.

Nate Diaz Takes Credit For UFC’s CBD Sponsorship

“Did you see that CBD deal I got for the UFC? They got a huge deal. You’re welcome motherfuckers!”

Diaz went on joke about receiving a chunk of the $15 million deal:

“That’s cool, but can I get my points? [Laughs]. Who brought CBD to the table? Now everybody has got these CBD sponsorships. Now it’s in football, in basketball, and it’s legal. UFC is paid out. Everybody is in the cannabis movement now cause of yo boy. I appreciate the love from the UFC, for showing who started this gangster shit.”

Sold my 500 shares of ACB last September just before legalization here in Canada. Made some good gains considering I bought in when it was a $2.00 stock and sold in the mid teens.

I bought stocks from them a few years ago hopefully this actually does something to them because they’ve been doing quite shit

Well most Canadians are getting tired paying 60$ for an eighth or 110$ for a quarter of dried weed.. So they are going back to the good old black market, where fair trade and value is always worth your bargain.

Plus the oil and pills are really low MG dosages for really overly expensive bs too

I'll bet Novitsky is raging on the inside. Less people to snitch on.. hehe

I'll bet Novitsky is raging on the inside. Less people to snitch on.. hehe
He's fine as long as he keeps getting them cageside seats. You can tell he enjoys the street cred a lot
m6r1n4lrd2721.jpg

Can their fighters smoke weed whenever they want or only if its UFC weed?

Would be great news for Diaz, Jones, Gastelum, Calvillo and many others.

Wait so UFC is pairing with a brand that sells a substance that causes a positive USADA test?

this has nothing to do with cannabis

its purely CBD

They are working with them to conduct studies and research on CBD use for injury recovery etc etc

Didn't someone get suspended for a year like a month or two ago for thc?

This thread is gonna be a great marker for which moron sherdoggers dont know the difference between

1) Cannabis - which contains THC - which IS prohibited

and

2) Cannabidoil (CBD) which is what the UFC PI are going to be researching and working on - which is NOT Prohibited

Didn't someone get suspended for a year like a month or two ago for thc?

no, all the USADA suspensions for weed (all three of them in 4 years) have been for 3-6 months.

That's my point he wishes it was..

no he doesnt. it doesnt contain THC

even when it comes to THC Jeff has been pushing a lot of the commissions hard to adopt wada standards (150-180ng/ml) for cannabis instead of stupid low limits (like Texas). Hes been very critical of commissions like Texas to be fair.

Back