UFC Is Trying To Have A Totalitarian Type of Control Over Its Fighters.

The UFC is trying to stripped their fighters of their individual free will to be who they are even if such free will comes during a time of impulse.

A UFC fighter may do something irrational and where the issue is later resolved but the UFC will go as far as to hire independent investigation services which is ridiculous.

When you look at boxers, you see different characters which will cross the line of doing something "out of the ordinary" but it will still bring up hype into the sport.

Mike Tyson was great at this. His street fight with Mitch Green in Harlem would had resulted in UFC fifghters getting fire.

Same with Liddell and Tito Ortiz's involvement in that brawl in England. Today you would see fighters get "investigated" and possibly fire.

Fact is these dudes are pro fighters and stuff happens. You have dudes being censored which only strips them of their free will to be who they are.

Muhammad Ali was about expressing himself even if very controversial for the time. If he had been in the UFC, they would had put a strangle hold on what he should and should not say.

Mike Tyson was also controversial with many of the things he would say, but that was who he was. He was expressing himself without no censorship.

When Mayweather fought Dela Hoya, he came out with a Mexican hat. I remember being around Mexicans who were laughing at him. But if that had happened in the UFC, the fighter would had gotten fined and called an "idiot" by Dana White.

No free will, censorship and now the whole Reebox thing is really hurthing the sport IMO.

Got to love clueless neckbeards waking up and realizing that the real world exists and she is a bitch.

It legitimizes the sport big time to have reebok as a sponsor instead of condom depot.

Why do I still see people training about "legitimizing" the sport and taking it "mainstream"? People who like fighting will watch the ufc and people who don't or are in different to it won't. The sponsor, ped scandals, weight cutting...none of that matters.

Which is of course rarely true of totalitarian regimes. Ask Conrad Schumann.

Conrad-schumann.jpg

Overstatement aside, the UFC does wield too much power vis a vis the individual fighter. On that, TS and I agree.

Except when the UFC signs you to a multi fight contract and then they don't release you or give you fights.

Anymore the popular sentiment is to encourage employers to discipline people for actions that have nothing to do with job performance. Sign of the times.

Except when the UFC signs you to a multi fight contract and then they don't release you or give you fights.

Go look up the longest threads about Wanderlei's predicament and you will find me in there sticking up for his right to fight. But that story is about Wanderlei digging his own hole with the NSAC more than it is about the UFC mistreating fighters.

People here often defend the Ufc by saying that it is simply business.
Which is fine.

We're not saying that it's simply business to defend them, just to try to get these kids to realize that it really is business.

Zuffa is a greedy, heartless, billion dollar corporation. I'm tired of threads made by teenagers with no experience in the business world acting outraged over the UFC making the exact kind of decisions a greedy, heartless, billion dollar corporation would make.

This thread is a prime example of a teenager or college student who thinks he knows it all showing off just how little he actually knows about how the real world operates.

Saying a billion dollar corporation is totalitarian is like saying water is wet.

No one is going to decide to not be a mma fighter cause of the Reebok spinsorship
A good number of them, however, might be successfully lured over to a competing org that champions a "sponsor-friendly" policy.

That rotten Reebok deal is the pits. I feel sorry for the fighters, and hope Bellator, WSOF, or somebody steadily begins to snag up a few names and prospects from under the Zuffa banner.

We're not saying that it's simply business to defend them, just to try to get these kids to realize that it really is business.

Zuffa is a greedy, heartless, billion dollar corporation. I'm tired of threads made by teenagers with no experience in the business world acting outraged over the UFC making the exact kind of decisions a greedy, heartless, billion dollar corporation would make.

This thread is a prime example of a teenager or college student who thinks he knows it all showing off just how little he actually knows about how the real world operates.

Saying a billion dollar corporation is totalitarian is like saying water is wet.

Bro STFU with your condescending bullshit. You are too stupid to understand the point of my thread which obviously went straight over your head.

I know how this world works. I work in New York City around the biggest sharks and snakes one would never want to deal with personally.

I am speaking about the sport in general. Something has to give so that the sport is not heavily influence by the control UFC have over it's fighters. Yes there are other MMA organizations but it is hard to acquire a level of success in a top level playing field unless you are in the UFC. That is a fact.

Fighters need more leeway and that is where a Union comes in, something the Fertitta brothers are against. Boxers have more leeway which is what helped the sport live as long as it has for many years now.

That was the point of the thread.

Got to love clueless neckbeards waking up and realizing that the real world exists and she is a bitch.

Got to love shit for brains like yourself who feels that no changes can ever be made because they are too idiotic to even think it is possible.

A good number of them, however, might be successfully lured over to a competing org that champions a "sponsor-friendly" policy.

That rotten Reebok deal is the pits. I feel sorry for the fighters, and hope Bellator, WSOF, or somebody steadily begins to snag up a few names and prospects from under the Zuffa banner.

So you'd rather not see the best fights possible because why?

Lol at fighters leaving the Ufc for WSOF or Bellator. It will be very few if it does happen

Where's the Rousey v Browne threads?? Does Sherdog have totalitarian control over who posts what now??

1)yes and they always have
2)it's stupid to compare boxers because they're not in a set "league" or in one promotion. A better comparison would be NFL players who get suspended due to domestic violence

So yes your conclusion is correct but those are terrible examples, Ray rice is a better analogy

When you're contracted to do a job for a company that company has every right to try to manage how you will be representing them in the public eye. If you talk shit about that company or it's business partners you're likely to get into some trouble, no matter where you work. The UFC is trying to protect it's brand and image in almost every circumstance. I don't personally think that the UFC always does a great job of promoting itself in positive light, but they can't be faulted for trying to crack down on behavior that paints them in a negative way. Also the examples given of guys getting into street fights is the worst. If you want to be taken seriously as a true sport and not some barbaric blood sport you can't have that type of stuff happening.

Back