UFC is so desperate to promote Cain... what if he wins and injures himself yet again?

What do you mean "IF" he gets injured again? You know he's going to.

Cain is rematching Werdum because he is clearly the best contender and would demolish Andre Arlovski.

Doesn't matter, TS. Dana's only concern is getting the belt back around the waist of his "Mexican" champ. The state of the division means very little by comparison.

Werdum is more Mexican than Cain

the way Werdum has been improving each fight, I do not think Cain is going to win. As with the conor vs mendez fight, cain was getting lit up on the feet way before his cardio problems set in. I think if cain comes in better shape, he's just going to take a beating for longer. I just don't see cain beating werdum.

I don't think anyone has anything to worry about. I don't see cain winning. unlike the fluke punch that jds landed, this was a an all around ass whooping by werdum. Simply being in better shape is not going to change that. sure, he will last longer, but That will just make his ass whooping go longer.

You Sherdoggers are so ignorant...you think Werdum's improvement had anything to do with it?? It was the high altitude that affected Cain, 2 year layoff,etc and NOT Werdum. Mark my words, Cain will destroy Werdum EASILY in the rematch. The fight's in Vegas I heard so we Cain should be in perfect form when he fights again. Cain by TKO in the rematch.

Cain is rematching Werdum because he is clearly the best contender and would demolish Andre Arlovski.

I don't think you understand what the word clearly even means. To be a clear contender you have to fight other opponents that are ranked before you can challenge the champion. Did Cain fight Arkovski and we did not know about it? Cain is not clearly the best challenge, he just lost and is given an instant rematch.

You Sherdoggers are so ignorant...you think Werdum's improvement had anything to do with it?? It was the high altitude that affected Cain, 2 year layoff,etc and NOT Werdum. Mark my words, Cain will destroy Werdum EASILY in the rematch. The fight's in Vegas I heard so we Cain should be in perfect form when he fights again. Cain by TKO in the rematch.

So, even if it was the layoff that affected him, what does that matter? It's not like getting pounded for 3 rounds was the best "warm up" for him. It's not like he was getting "better" as the fight when on as "he got used to fighting again." Call it the altitude all you want, sure, but it's his fault for prepping terribly, just his injuries are probably due to training terribly.

Nobody beats a healthy Cain fighting at Sea Level

Cain knew the fight was in Mexico City and that it was high elevation, he chose not to prepare accordingly and lost. Though it's not a surprise AKA is the gym of perpetual screw ups and injuries

Cain Velasquez is undefeated with asterisks on his record next to JDS and Werdum.

*He was hurt
** Long layoff and poor cardio

Last edited:

But now he's gonna be coming off a 2 year layoff and a beatdown.

Well no one is going to take this guy seriously anymore.

It's a problem, but it's not world ending. The HW division has never been the UFCs best. But I do think it would be better if Werdum keeps the belt, there are more good options from there.

Back