UFC is so desperate to promote Cain... what if he wins and injures himself yet again?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by M Raid K, Aug 20, 2015.

1. M Raid K

M Raid K Black Belt

I was thinking about the state of UFC's HW division and, with Werdum vs Velasquez II bout in future, it may be frozen once again just when it seems like the tables are turning.

IF - and this is a big IF - Velasquez wins, he becomes the champion once again. The odds of him staying healthy are pretty slim in any case, but if he's injured as a champion, that puts the entire division on hold. I remember how happy everyone was when Werdum won the title. It was like, "now the belt will be defended often". With Velasquez? Not so sure.

Tl;dr the HW division is in jeopardy.

2. Abezal

Abezal Banned Banned

lol drama much, well what happens. They will find some one new to shove down your throat and you will suck it up.

3. killakillakilla

killakillakilla Brown Belt

yea cain vs werdum II makes no sense right now. Cain should have to prove that he can fight regularly before another title shot.

4. Pterodactyl

Pterodactyl Brown Belt

Yeah, it is a truly disgusting rematch.

5. Post 2 Decision

Post 2 Decision Black Belt

Hope Werdum owns this guy again

6. xP

xP Red Belt

they would punish him by making the trilogy in mexico city again.

7. Teefs

Teefs Stevie Ray Belt

Doesn't matter, TS. Dana's only concern is getting the belt back around the waist of his "Mexican" champ. The state of the division means very little by comparison.

8. Tulpa Omega

Tulpa Omega Been here for years, not here for Likes. Platinum Member

This. All of these nonsense "immediate rematches", and associated similar BULLSHIT have very nearly completely destroyed any credibility that the UFC might have at this point, and is seriously harming this beloved sport. I am becoming more disenchanted by the day and headline. At this point, I'm starting to become increasingly more interested in Bellator, and even that organization skirts validity. It's getting worse than pro boxing...

9. Montecristo

Montecristo Green Belt

If Cain wins the HW division will be fucked.

Werdum, JDS, Arlovyski, Miocic, everyone is gonna have to sit and wait Cain

10. Post 2 Decision

Post 2 Decision Black Belt

Hope Werdum owns this guy again

11. UL

UL no more yellows

They don't care, they just want a mexican HW champion, maybe for selling purposes or something. I'm a fan of both fighters but just to see Dana in some pain, I hope Werdum wins again.

The rematch is pathetic, should have been Werdum vs AA, Cain vs Browne, Miocic vs Rothwell, JDS vs Overeem.

12. darrenm

darrenm Blue Belt

I'm interested in Cain staying healthy and not fighting the same three people over and over.

This is getting old...

13. MuayChai297

MuayChai297 Blue Belt

Dat Chapo Guzman money esee, thats why Dana wants Cain to win. Pretty dumb rematch i hope Werdum wins again. I don't hate Cain but Dana would be pissed.

14. Polish Punisher

Polish Punisher Black Belt

Cain got destroyed.

He needs to work his way back up beat Stipe or AA cant then he can get another shot.

But between Gus getting a title shot after losing, countless automatic rematches for champs who got crushed and the UFC ranking Rousey top 5 P4P the UFC has no credibility.

15. Kingz

Kingz Gold Belt

With all the time and money they put into Cain, they should just go recruit an actual Mexican national and train him to be an MMA fighter and give him the Conor path of tailor made opponents. Just make sure he's in between 5'6' and 5'10', speaks no english, and fights at 155 or under...otherwise the targeted audience won't care.

16. tenniswhiz

tenniswhiz Steel Belt

Why don't they just scrap the rematch?

NOBODY thinks it's a good idea.

They really F'd up.
    Werdum is not a young man.
    Arlovski's 2nd wind won't last forever.
    Cain is likely to get hurt and disappear for a year (even if you see him on Metro PCS ads)

17. TheCopOnRoids

TheCopOnRoids Yellow Belt

18. JKS

JKS 77+&--#rT....

Its just a chance they have to take I guess

19. CC27

CC27 Gold Belt

Any champ can get hurt but if he wins and gets hurt they will do an interim title.

They want that Mexican market so they want to know if they should still run with Cain putting promotion into him or not.

if he wins the rematch you can say the injury, time off and fighting in Mexico at altitude caused him to lose, if he loses then you pretty much move on from him until he gets a few more wins.

Not the fight I would have done, would have rather seen him get a win first but whatever.

20. bigconan

bigconan Silver Belt

the way Werdum has been improving each fight, I do not think Cain is going to win. As with the conor vs mendez fight, cain was getting lit up on the feet way before his cardio problems set in. I think if cain comes in better shape, he's just going to take a beating for longer. I just don't see cain beating werdum.

I don't think anyone has anything to worry about. I don't see cain winning. unlike the fluke punch that jds landed, this was a an all around ass whooping by werdum. Simply being in better shape is not going to change that. sure, he will last longer, but That will just make his ass whooping go longer.