UFC is protecting Conor

If they actually made that fight and Conor won, everyone who was clamoring for Khabib would then make excuses about the 2 year layoff, injuries, and short notice.

He has a point though. If "you're an idiot" is your response, that just proves you have nothing smart to say. McGregor fanboys do love their idiotic, infinitely flawed logic, calling him the GOAT based on short notice wins, zero title defenses, and embarrassing TDD and ground game.

Never called him GOAT and not a fanboy
So I will add you to the growing IDIOT stockpile

You are an idiot.

Let me explain why:

UFC is a business first and foremost and what they want to do now is save the card and make the most money with PPV $$ and tickets.

McGregor vs Diaz/Cerrone/Pettis is a lot more sellable, especially on the very short notice that they are working with, than a fight with a relative nobody like Khabib.

McGregor vs Khabib is not happening, not only because he is supposedly his worst matchup, but also because they cant sell that fight (on short notice).
Do

If they actually made that fight and Conor won, everyone who was clamoring for Khabib would then make excuses about the 2 year layoff, injuries, and short notice.

Exactly. the birth of "2 week Khabib". Conor always gets "easy opponents" LOL. GTFO.

You are an idiot.

Let me explain why:

UFC is a business first and foremost and what they want to do now is save the card and make the most money with PPV $$ and tickets.

McGregor vs Diaz/Cerrone/Pettis is a lot more sellable, especially on the very short notice that they are working with, than a fight with a relative nobody like Khabib.

McGregor vs Khabib is not happening, not only because he is supposedly his worst matchup, but also because they cant sell that fight (on short notice).

I wouldn't. I will acknowledge Conor as one of the greats.

For now he is just another UFC hype job with a horde of nuthuggers supporting him, just look at this thread alone

A rangy pressure fighter with a great chin, good boxing, and the BJJ to sub Conor right quick from any position is the best matchup for Conor? I'm gonna have to disagree. I get that Diaz has had some bad losses lately, but only to top notch, big dudes.

You are an idiot.

Let me explain why:

Isn't Conor the one selling the tickets? Why does it matter who he's fighting since no one really cares for Dos Anjos either

For now he is just another UFC hype job with a horde of nuthuggers supporting him, just look at this thread alone

It honestly would be valid, much more so than in Chad's case imo. You might not go that route, but that's what would happen overall. Conor won't be able to win over the masses until he goes through a 5 round battle with Frankie Edgar or someone (or beat RDA but here we are).

What the fuck is the point to this thread anyways. Let's say Conor did fight Khabib, and if he did beat him, it'd just be an endless tirade of threads claiming "2 week camp Khabib" type nonsense.

I think you're mad that Khabib isn't getting Conor now because you know that there's a good chance he will lose to Ferguson and never get it. You want Khabib to duck el cucuy

What the fuck is the point to this thread anyways. Let's say Conor did fight Khabib, and if he did beat him, it'd just be an endless tirade of threads claiming "2 week camp Khabib" type nonsense.

You get it!

It honestly would be valid, much more so than in Chad's case imo. You might not go that route, but that's what would happen overall. Conor won't be able to win over the masses until he goes through a 5 round battle with Frankie Edgar or someone (or beat RDA but here we are).

I understand your point.

But imo this fight will never happen (i'll be glad to be proven wrong). There's just too much to lose for UFC and Conor

Every knowledgeable poster on this forum knows that Khabib is the best fighter in LW division. If Conor wants to be considered the best in LW/FW he MUST fight Khabib. But no.

Dana is protecting his cash cow from dangerous opponents (Frankie, Khabib) because he knows that they'll rape him. This is getting ridiculous. UFC is creating the biggest hype job ever.

I fuckin love Diaz bros but Nate is the easiest top 10 LW matchup for Conor (no takedown threat, pretty hittable, no one-punch ko power) and everyone acting like it's a great fight. Conor should just man up and take Khabib fight, but he won't because he's pussy. Come at me, bitches!

khabib was supposed to fight on the 5th - couldn't cuz of knees. now he wants to fight on the 5th? Makes no sense.

khabib was supposed to fight on the 5th - couldn't cuz of knees. now he wants to fight on the 5th? Makes no sense.

You didn't want to go to a business trip, but now your boss giving u a huge raise and hot secretary as a bonus for you to do it. What u gonna do?

I understand your point.

But imo this fight will never happen (i'll be glad to be proven wrong). There's just too much to lose for UFC and Conor

I agree that Khabib is a terrible stylistic matchup for him. But I'm content to let the good times roll here and watch Conor fight Diaz. Still a great fight.

Which is exactly why McGregor will continue to be a polarizing figure, win or lose this fight. EVERYONE will be ready with an excuse no matter who wins. I would honestly prefer to see him not fight. If he wins then everyone will say 2 of his last 3 opponents were on short notice. If he loses then his fans will cry foul that he trained to face a different fighter. This board is going to be shit for another 6 months.

You didn't want to go to a business trip, but now your boss giving u a huge raise and hot secretary as a bonus for you to do it. What u gonna do?

Are you saying Khabib lied about being injured then or that he should fight injured and get KO just for the company? Then wouldn't you also be saying UFC is protecting Conor by having him face an injured man?

Every knowledgeable poster on this forum knows that Khabib is the best fighter in LW division. If Conor wants to be considered the best in LW/FW he MUST fight Khabib. But no.

Dana is protecting his cash cow from dangerous opponents (Frankie, Khabib) because he knows that they'll rape him. This is getting ridiculous. UFC is creating the biggest hype job ever.

I fuckin love Diaz bros but Nate is the easiest top 10 LW matchup for Conor (no takedown threat, pretty hittable, no one-punch ko power) and everyone acting like it's a great fight. Conor should just man up and take Khabib fight, but he won't because he's pussy. Come at me, bitches!
Khabib hasn't fought in nearly 2 years.

Need I say more?

a "knowledgable" poster wouldn't make comments about conor being protected.....youve got to be some sort of fucking idiot to make statements like that.
keep hating, you're only embarrassing yourselves at this juncture.

Back