UFC is making female fighters look bad

The UFC aren't making WMMA bad. It is [For the most part] bad. Female athletes in every sport are the equivalent of their 14-15yr old male counterparts.

It rarely takes off because the majority of fans have a superior version of the same sport in the male arena.

This.

Same goes for smaller men's divisions. Except they look like 12-year-olds.

So a flexible girl has another girl mounted on her, she somehow gets it turned around against a mediocre wrestler, and now this is classified as some insanely great ju jitsu termed moved??? Plz...

So a flexible girl...

If feminine flexibility leads to the ability to do some nice grappling techniques, how is that any less legitimate for fight enjoyment than watching masculine strength lead to nice punching or kicking damage inflicted?

"...now this is classified as some insanely great ju jitsu termed moved??? Plz..."

You got "insanely great jiu jitsu" from me merely writing "nice sweep"? Your mind seems to be malfunctioning. Which is hardly a confidence builder with regard to taking seriously anything you have to say.

A) Muscular man-like women aren't attractive for men nor for women and therefore are considered "bad" by casuals as well.
B) Yes, not all of women participating in MMA have necessary skills and technique to compete at high level, just like not every male MMA fighter becomes UFC champion. The difference is that there are less women overall in MMA and particularly in the UFC to hide this fact.

The UFC is giving them a chance and Women's mma is showing what it is

I mean if there was like 3 fights that went bad and people reacted negatively i might see your point, but there is a big enough sample size now that everyone knows what to expect there. I personally do not find it entertaining to watch.

Honestly it would be better if they had all the women's fights on one card or in another org, because many people don't want to watch that stuff

The UFC aren't making WMMA bad. It is [For the most part] bad. Female athletes in every sport are the equivalent of their 14-15yr old male counterparts.

It rarely takes off because the majority of fans have a superior version of the same sport in the male arena.

Said well here, the WNBA has a very small fan base

Time to go on another raid of the Invicta pantry (panty?)

Only a matter of time before they get Cowgirl Cerrone in there.

method=get&s=andrea-kgb-lee1.jpg

1. Comparing the best women fighters to the least skilled males is a poor argument and will not persuade anyone. I do not mind WMMA and look forward to watching Rousey fight, but ignoring those pointing out that the women as a whole are less skilled than the average male fighter is stupid, given that it seems very obvious.

2. Dufresnse looked like the absolute worst fighter I have ever seen in the UFC.

3. Putting only the best female fights on PPV cards while putting the rest on WMMA Fightpass cards seems sensible.

WMMA = WNBA. Literally the exact same.

There will be a niche group of people who follow it always, but most people will never care about it. It is what it is.

1. Comparing the best women fighters to the least skilled males is a poor argument and will not persuade anyone. I do not mind WMMA and look forward to watching Rousey fight, but ignoring those pointing out that the women as a whole are less skilled than the average male fighter is stupid, given that it seems very obvious.

2. Dufresnse looked like the absolute worst fighter I have ever seen in the UFC.

3. Putting only the best female fights on PPV cards while putting the rest on WMMA Fightpass cards seems sensible.

In (slight) defense of Dufresne, it was a very poor decision to book her to fight on two weeks notice with her history of being unable to make 135lbs. Rogan noted that she was "moving underwater", an affliction that hasn't manifested in her previous fights. She's never stood there like a punching bag before not shooting takedowns. I don't think she was in any physical condition to fight and probably shouldn't have.

Dufresne was a favorite in her last two fights lol. That's how bad WMMA is TS.

Stop acting like its the UFC's fault that 99% of the talent-base is horrible. Alexis had won 5-fights in a row all by finish and was ranked in the top-20 at both 135 and 145, she's still ranked in the top-50 after these two losses according to Tapology.

Problem is WMMA talent level is just bad, putting blame on the UFC is stupid. Especially for Alexis who was a 2-1 favorite in both her octagon bouts.

In (slight) defense of Dufresne, it was a very poor decision to book her to fight on two weeks notice with her history of being unable to make 135lbs.

We became aware of the matchup 3 weeks prior to the fight but she knew she was fighting 3 months ago.
If they actually booked her at the anouncement she would have been 150 at the weighins.

Last time with 2 months in advance for the anouncement she was 143.

I can't decide which is better the WNBA or WMMA - I've got to get the dishes done before I take the kids to soccer, bye.

In the red corner wearing the Reeboks uniform and protected by Always maxipads with wings...

Three of the four horsemen turn to ronda and in unison say, "ronda do you douche?" ronda responds, "since Miesha Tate called me smelly..."

Dufresne was a favorite in her last two fights lol. That's how bad WMMA is TS.
Stop acting like its the UFC's fault that 99% of the talent-base is horrible. Alexis had won 5-fights in a row all by finish and was ranked in the top-20 at both 135 and 145, she's still ranked in the top-50 after these two losses according to Tapology.
Problem is WMMA talent level is just bad, putting blame on the UFC is stupid. Especially for Alexis who was a 2-1 favorite in both her octagon bouts.

Solid arguments there. Just kidding.

If you want to see some terrible male fighters, check out the super-heavyweight division in other organizations. The reason the UFC doesn't have any fights above 265 pounds is because there aren't really a lot of good fighters above 265. Saying that it's not the UFC's fault is absurd logic. The UFC is responsible for bringing us talented fighters. The reason the UFC gradually added more and more weight classes, is because there weren't enough talented fighters before. And as it turns out, even in 2015 there still aren't enough super-heavyweights to give the fans a weight class people have been talking about the last ten years.

If the UFC decides to put on a fight between Bob Sapp and Mariusz Pudzianowski, it's 100% their fault for showing us such crappy fighters. Blaming Bob Sapp would be pointless. The UFC should leave the super-heavyweights out of the UFC untill there are enough talented fighters in that division to warrant a new UFC division.

It's the same thing with the women. Gender doesn't matter. The question is simply whether any given division has enough talent out there. You'll notice there's no UFC welterweight or middleweight division for women either. It's because the UFC has been smart enough to recognize there aren't enough good female fighters in those divisions.

It's not complicated.

WMMA = WNBA. Literally the exact same.
There will be a niche group of people who follow it always, but most people will never care about it. It is what it is.
Has the WNBA ever had players as famous as Ronda Rousey? It's not a rhetorical question, I'm genuinely curious.

Back