UFC is making female fighters look bad

When women fight I go for a smoke, or fast forward. I just don't understand how anyone can watch it. I try not to judge, but watching women get punched in the face is not my thing. I just can't relate.

I feel ya

I don't understand how people still smoke these days

EACH TO THEIR OWN I GUESS

They are going to be fed to Honda and she is going to break their arms.

As the saying goes: "You can't polish a turd.".

WMMA simply isn't as developed as the male counterpart and as you said the divisions are shallow and less skilled talent is getting far more exposure than it currently deserves. The UFC should've kept WMMA segregated for a few years under the UFC brand and promoted WMMA only events on fight pass and/or iPPV. Merging the genders should've only happened after establishing WMMA under the UFC umbrella for 5-6 years.

female fighters are making the UFC look bad

I feel like you're not very smart. But let's play anyway.

016_Michelle_Waterson_vs_Herica_Tiburcio.jpg

couturex-large.jpg

Ah! the personal attacks :) You can hunt the internet for pictures all you want. Most statistics PROVE WMMA is hugely inferior. Yet the UFC feeds its fans fighters like Dufresne who show up overweight two consecutive times and can't even throw a punch. Invicta flies in 50 year old women for their main event. Its so WWE.

The UFC started with bantamweight because of Ronda Rousey, but I think it was the strawweight division that was the most ready for prime time. We'll see some enjoyable fights from them!

Enjoy this nice sweep by Jessica Penne to get out of full mount by Randa Markos.

The UFC started with bantamweight because of Ronda Rousey, but I think it was the strawweight division that was the most ready for prime time. We'll see some enjoyable fights from them!

Enjoy this nice sweep by Jessica Penne to get out of full mount by Randa Markos.

thanks for sharing. that was the best thing i have seen in a women's match.

This is why they should have kept the WEC as a different organization for smaller weight classes and women's MMA.

Most of the women's fights have been good.
They've not infrequently won fight of the night, or other bonuses, too.

Last weekend's fight was not good. Big deal. It happens. It's not like we haven't seen countless male fighters who don't belong there. I agree with the ppl who said Dufresne's camp is to blame making her think she could make weight at that division, and assuring the UFC that she could and that she was ready to go. She will be cut now anyway. It's more your whiny thread is making female fighters look bad. Which was probably your intention...

Female fighters make female fighters look bad. UFC just gives the possibility to do it on TV for millions of people to watch. You could go to an open mic stand-up night and see some great, funny guys do their bits, but you don't have to go there and perform yourself if you really suck and don't want to make a fool out of yourself. Then you go anyway and everyone laughs at you, not with you or to your jokes. That's WMMA minus maybe 8 exceptions.

The UFC just had an excellent SW tournament culminating in a title fight that more than a million people watched and enjoyed and nobody on Sherdog made a thread titled "UFC is making female fighters look great".

So they made a grievous error in booking a fighter that has never made weight into a fight on 2 weeks notice, and when she tried to cut 20 lbs in a day, she became physically unable to perform - then proceeded to go out there an take an ass whipping instead of quit.

Ironically, Alexis Dufresne taking that ass whipping probably had more entertainment value than the tiresome, tedious first 3 fights on the PPV.

Female MMA doesn't need the UFC to look bad. The lack of skill and talent is enough

So a flexible girl has another girl mounted on her, she somehow gets it turned around against a mediocre wrestler, and now this is classified as some insanely great ju jitsu termed moved??? Plz...

Everyone focusing on how bad Alexis looked while ignoring how good Reneau looked. And it wasn't just Alexis making her look good by virtue of her badness- Reneau is legit. She moved well and threw well.

Also: Ruan Potts

Women aren't as good at sport as men, that's a fact.

The same goes for combat sports. WMMA was brought in as a tool to try and bring bigger viewing figures, as Zuffa thought that scantily clad women writhing around on the mat would bring the ogling, WWE Diva type viewers over....it hasn't.

The same goes for combat sports. WMMA was brought in as a tool to try and bring bigger viewing figures, as Zuffa thought that scantily clad women writhing around on the mat would bring the ogling, WWE Diva type viewers over....it hasn't.

Perhaps it hasn't, so they will have to be happy with just regular old UFC MMA fans. The December 12 women's strawweight title fight garnered basically the same viewing audience on Fox Sports 1 as December cards featuring ex-UFC champions Machida, Barao, and Frankie Edgar.

At a peak viewership of over 1.2 million during the main event, the Espazra/Namajunas title fight was the most watched women's main event in the history of MMA (Gina Carano fought to a much larger number of viewers on CBS twice, but wasn't in the main event).

Last edited:
Dufresne wasn't brought in to make Reneau look good, Dufrense came into the UFC with a fair bit of hype as she destroyed all of her pre-UFC opponents fairly quickly. Obviously, she's a can crusher and her management should be ashamed for that bullshit. Was pretty much the female Deshaun Johnson.

Back