UFC is making fans who go to live events sit there for 6 hours for 2 hours of fights.

Wait wait are you telling me that people can actually run and hold a ball at the same time. I mean running is exciting and holding a ball is pretty good... but they can do both together that is the most exciting thing I've ever seen!

hahahaha 90% of football games are boring as hell, truth

The four FS1 prelims need to finish between 8:00-9:59 so that the ppv can start at 10. If all go to decision then the time is filled well. If all the fights end in the 1st round then there's going to be a dead period no matter what you do.

I mean if you decide to speed everything up and put one quick fight after another, then by 9:10pm you'll have nothing left, and they'll be a 50 minute dead period before the PPV starts. Not good.

Right. There isn't much they can do about it. Once you factor in the assumption that all fights will go the distance, commercial time, promo time for the next UFC PPV, Rogan/Goldie time, etc.

One improvement I think they could make is showing old fights of the main card fighters in the arena during down time. It is kinda boring in between fights. And if the first couple fights end early (usually the two before the televised prelims)..you can have a half hour wait.

Honestly I've been to a bunch of events an the only time you don't wait in between matches is when nearly all the prePPV fights end in decision

A lot of Sherdog posters were either to small or fat to play sports when they grew up. They were wrestling fans who switched over to MMA.

Plus if I remember correctly DW had a tv setup at the UFC 142 event so he could watch the Patriots playoff game that aired same night

Back