UFC is making fans who go to live events sit there for 6 hours for 2 hours of fights.

I hate sitting at home watching it for 6 hours too.

UFC will slowly turn into K-1 now. This is part of what killed fight attendance in Japan. Dynamite!! events would take upto 8 or 9 hours, the ones I watched.

OMG sitting at a live UFC with no commercials?! The horror!

If you've been to a UFC event, you already know everyone plays with their phones in between fights.

Doesn't everyone play with their phones in between everything?

They don't have the luxury of a bathroom 3 feet away, jerking-off time, food/snacks in the kitchen, and pillow to rest their heads on, like you do.

No you're doing it wrong, you are supposed to say: Dana is making fans who go to live events sit there for 6 hours for 2 hours of fights because he is greedy.

This is why I don't comprehend the overwhelming claims of a superior experience, concerning live viewing versus a home experience. Additionally, the view on one's screen is infinitely superior to watching from the heights of some arena. Then, there's the "energy of the crowd." Where I live, that equates to a bunch of posturing, "urban" knuckle walkers listening to their one friend bellow out his dim experience when he once trained with his "boy" at "da fight gym."

I've only been to one live event, but I have to respectfully disagree.

I was in cheap seats, but the view from up high was superb, I missed almost none of the action and there were still the really big screens replaying key moments of fights so even if I missed something, it was right there. Brisbane is a great mix of people, and the UFC FN event there was no exception - there were some bogans and ferals, but that didn't ruin the experience for me at all. The energy of the crowd was indeed a wonderful thing, and made the experience very different from viewing at home.

The downsides were that the event took 6 hours, booze was expensive...but I have since watched Hunt vs BF at home on PVR and I think it was equally good both ways.

You sit in a nhl arena for 3 hours to watch 1 hour of hockey.

This is the equivalent of saying at an NFL game you sit around for 3 hours for 15 minutes of actual game time.

Not to mention, the first quarter of any game is infinitely less important than the 4th quarter.

It really puts an extra dampering on staying up until 6:30AM to watch it live, when so much is dead air

This is the equivalent of saying at an NFL game you sit around for 3 hours for 15 minutes of actual game time.

Not to mention, the first quarter of any game is infinitely less important than the 4th quarter.

I was going to say the same thing. :icon_lol:

People cry about baseball and the time the ball is actually "in play" (although just because a ball is not mid pitch or being fielded does not mean it's not in play, but I digress...).

Having been to MMA and boxing events, I don't feel like I need to get my money's worth by watching the first fight to the last. Hell, the place is practically empty for the first few hours. Sure, you might miss something exciting, but that's what DVR/TiVo are for. I generally have a few at a nearby bar with friends and then we just decide collectively when it's time to go pay for arena priced beers.

They have to plan 1/2 hour block to every televised fight. I am not sure why people think they can do otherwise.

Except that the NFL is more exciting and doesn't have a cage impacting your view.

I don't mind the length of time I'm there, it's the assholes it attracts that bothers me more.

And some folks want to add flashy entrances to the mix.

This is why I don't comprehend the overwhelming claims of a superior experience, concerning live viewing versus a home experience. Additionally, the view on one's screen is infinitely superior to watching from the heights of some arena. Then, there's the "energy of the crowd." Where I live, that equates to a bunch of posturing, "urban" knuckle walkers listening to their one friend bellow out his dim experience when he once trained with his "boy" at "da fight gym."

Lol damn "urbans"

the main event really didn't start till 12:30 AM ET? wtf?

i just dvr'd it, so had no idea the pacing was so awful.

i've been to a few live events and it is almost unbearable, not doing that again anytime soon.

There's a reason Fight Pass shows breeze by and shows on television are a crawl. You're all smart enough to figure it out.

UFC will slowly turn into K-1 now. This is part of what killed fight attendance in Japan. Dynamite!! events would take upto 8 or 9 hours, the ones I watched.

K-1 failed because they never were able to build up new stars and recycled too many of the same faces over and over.

There's a reason Fight Pass shows breeze by and shows on television are a crawl. You're all smart enough to figure it out.

is the ufc inadvertently sabotaging themselves?

trying to squeeze in promos but end up sacrificing viewers for the card that's currently airing?

Back