UFC is making fans who go to live events sit there for 6 hours for 2 hours of fights.

How much actual play time is the average football game? Sure it's one hour on the clock but most of that is just the clock ticking away. You're still at the game or in front of your tv for 3-4 hours. Even worse for baseball...there's always filler, downtime and advertising to deal with...

Is normal

OMG sitting at a live UFC with no commercials?! The horror!

If you've been to a UFC event, you already know everyone plays with their dicks in between fights.

Doesn't everyone play with their dicks in between everything?

I just had too :icon_chee

I've been to a grip of events...and never an issue. My first one was at Mohegan's sun in Connecticut. Stayed at the same hotel as the fighters. Very cool experience...compare that to events now - night and day. Time management for an event like this is always hard. You never know if a fight will go the distance...or KO in the first 10 seconds. Fighters need to warm up...the UFC have an obligation to the venue. The owners of the arena wants to make concession sales - when do they make money? Between the fights. I understand how a spectator/keyboard jockey would look at it...but out of a business standpoint - they're right on.

If you've been to a UFC event, you already know everyone plays with their phones in between fights.

Doesn't everyone play with their phones in between everything?

Yeah, welcome to 2014. Have you been living under a fucking rock for the last 4 years or something?

I can't agree at all, still waiting to go to my first event live.

Been to several live events and never had a problem with it personally. It's not like I had other plans for the evening. And you need that extra time to get beers and take pisses because you've been drinking so much beer. It's a blast.

The anticipation of the bigger fights on the main card/shooting the shit with people easily burned the time for me.

If an UFC event has 12 fights and all go the distance. 11 - 3 rd fights and 1 - 5 rd that is 3 hours and 10 minutes of fight time. Then add + 26 more minutes for the round breaks. Now we are at 3 hrs and 36 minutes. Now add the time it takes to get each fighter to get to the ring plus anouncing both fighters lets a lot 7 minutes for each fight we are already at 5 hours and no decisions have been announced and we've allowed no leeway for injuries delays.

A fellow numbers man.

I like it.

they use 90% of the PPV trying to sale you the next PPV. Its gross and I have boycotted buying a PPV.

I think living on the west coast helps a bit because we still get out of there relatively early. On the east coast you guys must leave the venue at like 1 am or later? thats pretty nutty. I would be just worn out by then.

The biggest issue that i've had with the 6 hour events and crazy amount of filler is it is just too damn expensive to get a little drunk. I'm not to classy to say it. Even if you show up just bombed you'd still end up having to buy like 10 of those $12 beers to keep it going the whole time.

LOL I only very partially agree. I've been to 3 UFC events and always ironically with a girl I was dating. (weird I know) The only time it felt kinda long was the last one I went to and I think it had more to do with that fact that I had only been dating the girl for about 2 months so spending 6 hours together felt like a little much especially since we were both tired from going out the night before and she had never been to anything MMA related. Regardless, over a year later and were still together and she's coming to the next one with me! haha so really no complaints here.

NFL fans sit for 3-4hours for about 12 minutes of actual play..... so.....

I mean, if I'm paying $200+ to be there, I might as well be there half of my waking day.

id be getting drunk and smashing some foos in the stands

People don't understand that they have to allocate time just in case most the fights go to decision.

I'm reminded of when people were complaining about Cain vs. JDS being the only fight on a 1 hour fox card, despite that there was no room to add another even if they wanted to.

06 MIN - UFC INTRO VIDEO, WELCOME THE FANS, PLAY VIDEO PACKAGE
06 MIN - ENTRANCES AND BRUCE BUFFER
25 MIN - THE FIGHT
04 MIN - BREAK BETWEEN ROUNDS
05 MIN -ALOCATED TIME FOR EYE POKES AND SHOTS BELOW THE BELT
03 MIN - JUDGES TALLY THE SCORE
06 MIN - ANNOUNCE THE WINNER + POST FIGHT INTERVIEWS
05 MIN - WRAP UP SHOW
= 60 MINUTES for JDS vs. CAIN

Explaining this is usually worthless, because at the time everyone just complained that the fight only went 1 minute. They were saying that the UFC should have KNOWN the fight wouldn't go all 25, yet both rematches ended up in the 5th round, one of which needing the judges score cards.

Last edited:
Just when you think you've heard MMA fans complain about everything...

frankly I prefer a lot the pace of Invicta FC events

If you've been to a UFC event, you already know everyone plays with their phones in between fights.

Doesn't everyone play with their phones in between everything?

In the 4 events I've been to, my phone battery has died 3 times :(

#firstworldproblems

Back