UFC is in trouble and they know it.

I've never been more interested in UFC than I am now.

Lol there have never been more pure mma stars than there are now. Rousey and McGregor are still relative new comers and they can do around a million. That number is only going to go up from here. Jon Jones in his return will do over 1 million. In retrospect, I think Liddell only did over a million one time and that was against Tito, another big name. If you are one of those people that just hate on the UFC because it's cool, I have news for you. World Series of Fighting paid a dude $1000 on Saturday. If I were a newcomer I'd go to the UFC where Reebok alone would pay me more than that.

TS is delusional, when has the UFC ever had stars as big as Ronda Rousey, Conor Mcgregor, Anderson Silva, Jon Jones etc albeit the last two are on leave, they are further recent examples.

Others are on the way up, Joanna is the next rising star.

I wouldn't say they're in trouble but if they lost Conor and Ronda tomorrow they sure as shit would be.

How much did ufc 187 do? That ppv had 2 belts on the line and how did the fair off?
How about 188? Look for your self boy and tell me -->http://mmapayout.com/blue-book/pay-per-view/

You talked about you shutting me down. LOL just delete your account.

Here is a number for you, 4.1 million, add on another one million buys which the Rosuey fight at 190 is tracking at to do and you have 5.1 million PPV's sold so far this year for the UFC and it's the beginning of august. Add in all of those other huge fights this fall and winter and you could easily see them getting 8 million buys this year which is huge.

New up an comer faydor kirlienko may sign as well

TS is delusional, when has the UFC ever had stars as big as Ronda Rousey, Conor Mcgregor, Anderson Silva, Jon Jones etc albeit the last two are on leave, they are further recent examples.

Others are on the way up, Joanna is the next rising star.

Have you even read my post? Well if did you would have known that I mentioned Connor and Rousey are there only huge stars. Silve and Jones are gone and there is no1 else left. Please tell me who else is left.

I wouldn't say they're in trouble but if they lost Conor and Ronda tomorrow they sure as shit would be.

For sure that is what I was trying to say. Other than those 2 they got no1 else

Have you even read my post? Well if did you would have known that I mentioned Connor and Rousey are there only huge stars. Silve and Jones are gone and there is no1 else left. Please tell me who else is left.

...... and if you took my point you'd summerise that new stars always come and always will.

Dana has even addressed this many times.

TS edits his post to fire back that he wasn't citing things like ratings or profit as resulting issues of these alleged dark times. What exactly was your point then?

The reason I posted was to discuss the lack of stars...the lack of fighters who you can find reason to like. I dont know why the hell you whining about ppv numbers for. I watch this for the sport aspect and having the best fight the best and the most popular fight the most popular is most intriguing for everyone. So there is a reason why stars matter because you want to see them fight. Not some random unknown person. Basic stuff man how old are you. I dont know why you are wining about all that.

You're a bit aggressive. I wasn't coming at you like that. Also, being able to take the premise of someone's thread and expand on it keeps conversations from being mundane and robotic.

I brought up ppv numbers because it's in the same vein as having stars. Popular fighters usually translate to higher ppv buys. And ppv buys has been a trending topic on sherdog for the last couple years.

I'm not whining bro...I'm just questioning why people seem more concerned with business aspects rather than the sport itself. This is mind-boggling to me. Personally, as far as stars go (not sure how you define that), I think there are A LOT of exciting fighters in the UFC today. There are A LOT of fighters that I tune in for. So, what exactly makes a star?

I simply don't agree with your premise.

I'm 35, btw. What about you? a/s/l?

The stars that the UFC have right now - the Ronda Rousey's, the Conor McGregor's - the guy's and gals that were already famous prior to this thread, are the only that the UFC will continue to have in the future. There will be no new ones. They will all go to CrossFit.

TS edits his post to fire back that he wasn't citing things like ratings or profit as resulting issues of these alleged dark times. What exactly was your point then?

I never sited rating or profits on the main post I did talk about them on replies to here though. The alleged dark times are on a lack of stars and big names that everyone talks about. Im talking from a fans perspective so profit and buys shouldnt exist. The point I was trying to make is that the ufc is lacking big stars, other than connor and ronda.

5.1 million buys already, on pace for over 8 million, they are struggling big time.

The MMA landscape changes so quickly, new stars can be right around the corner and we don't even know it.

The MMA landscape changes so quickly, new stars can be right around the corner and we don't even know it.

Makwan_Amirkhani.jpg

Back