UFC is in trouble and they know it.

I've been watching this shit for a long time now...long before the tuf days and I have NEVER been concerned with ppv numbers or who was being marketed as a star. I saw fighters who I found a reason to like and I enjoyed the fights. Mayhem became one of my favorites during his Superbrawl days being the hated haole who called out Hawaii's beloved Egan and beating him, thereby winning over the acceptance of the local crowd. What were the ppv numbers on superbrawl events? How much "star power" did Mayhem have back then?

I have many examples like this. Living in Japan during Pride's heyday, I didn't even understand the commentating but I sure as hell enjoyed the FUCK out of those events.

So, my question is....why the fuck does it seem that so many of today's "fans" are so concerned with sales or stars? What do you watch this for?

They are still in the UFC, everything else is irrelevant. They are on pace to do what 6-7 million ppv buys this year? That's incredible. You saying they are in trouble is just a flat out lie.

LOL they arent going to fight anytime soon im sorry. Read barillas's post on the same page he shows the stars now and then. Other than Connor and Rousey, there are no draws in the ufc like them.

LOL they arent going to fight anytime soon im sorry. Read barillas's post on the same page he shows the stars now and then. Other than Connor and Rousey, there are no draws in the ufc like them.

They don't need any other draws like them, Weidman is going to get them 500K every time out, the HW belt is going to get 300-500K, the WW belt will draw 300-500K. AGAIN, look how many buys they are on pace for this year, they still have Gus vs DC, Weidman vs Rockhold, Aldo vs McGregor, Rousey vs Tate 3, possibly Cain vs Werdum 2 and possibly the return of Silva and Jon Jones. Wouldn't shock me if they did damn near 8 million PPV buys this year, think about that and then go back to your argument and contemplate it some more.

I completely understand that. Hes a different person on his podcast for sure. But it still is unethical IMO even if his job depends on it. With Rogan a huge fan I am sure a part of him wants to just lay back and stop spreading all that bs but he is ufcs main tool. It must be hard on his part, still have respect for Joe. Also having his plentiful roles he does end up being a hype man in commentary. I mean no ones perfect but thats the kind of stuff you dont want in commentary. You want to know the real details not far fetched opinions to coerce newer fans into ufc hands. At the end of the day it is his job and I agree with what you said I just dont find it the right thing to do.

Joe's got more to worry about than being an ethical fan. Due to his position in the UFC he is not at liberty to always provide his honest opinion. He has everything to gain the more hype a fight gets, and nothing to lose. Bigger fights (even if every fan knows it's a lopsided beating) mean a bigger payday for the UFC which then trickles down to a bigger payday for Joe Rogan. It's just business and really not worth criticizing Rogan for being a smart businessman. As fans, it's nice that we can recognize what is BS and what isn't. But, for the casual or newcomer it might help generate more interest and increase the fan base. If a newcomer is hyped for a fight, for whatever reason, it's still a win/win for everyone involved. It's part of Joe's job to make every fight seem like the stakes are higher than they really are, it's all a part of the show.

UFC is in a spike. Let's see if they can make that a trend.

lets examinate the situation 3-4 years ago:

Anderson - Was on a huge motherfuking killing spree

Hendo - Knocking out Fedor and the legendary fight with Shogun

Shogun - Was declining but still interesting to watch fighting

Machida - The first to win a round over Jones, KOing Bader, was still exciting to watch fight

Rampage - Total decline, Page is done for a long time now. DEAD

Jones - On a huge motherfuckin killing spree, the most motherfuck spree of all time.

GSP - Never liked him, just watched to see if someone could end his boring spree.

Belfort - Was on its way to get a TS again, was running over competition.

Cain - After JDS loss he brutalized Bigfoot

JDS - Almost blew Cain's head out of his body, motherfuckin killa, was expected to have a never-ending reign on HW.

Aldo - On a huge killing spree.

Now let's the actual situation

Anderson - DEAD, has no future in MMA anymore

Hendo - DEAD, will fight Vitor for the 3rd time in a pointless rematch after getting brutalized

Shogun - DEAD, way past his prime, no excitement in watching him fighting

Machida - DEAD, got all the chances of the world to get a belt back, no future for him anymore

Rampage - Was already DEAD

Jones - Who the fuck knows the future of his situation?

GSP - Who the fuck knows the future of his situation?

Belfort - DEAD, same as Machida, will go nowhere

Cain - Lost the belt, it's not dead but rarely fights

JDS - Same as Cain

Aldo - On a huge killing spree, is going to battle into one of the greatest fights ever.

And UFC fanboys want to say everything is ok now cause they got Ronda!

Did you think those guys (Shogun, Rampage, Belfort, GSP, Hendo, Etc.) were simply going to fight on forever? You fail to mention the current guys on "killing sprees" - Weidman, Lawler, Rockhold, Romero, TJ, McGregor, etc. And sure - Ronda.

I've been watching this shit for a long time now...long before the tuf days and I have NEVER been concerned with ppv numbers or who was being marketed as a star. I saw fighters who I found a reason to like and I enjoyed the fights. Mayhem became one of my favorites during his Superbrawl days being the hated haole who called out Hawaii's beloved Egan and beating him, thereby winning over the acceptance of the local crowd. What were the ppv numbers on superbrawl events? How much "star power" did Mayhem have back then?

I have many examples like this. Living in Japan during Pride's heyday, I didn't even understand the commentating but I sure as hell enjoyed the FUCK out of those events.

So, my question is....why the fuck does it seem that so many of today's "fans" are so concerned with sales or stars? What do you watch this for?

The reason I posted was to discuss the lack of stars...the lack of fighters who you can find reason to like. I dont know why the hell you whining about ppv numbers for. I watch this for the sport aspect and having the best fight the best and the most popular fight the most popular is most intriguing for everyone. So there is a reason why stars matter because you want to see them fight. Not some random unknown person. Basic stuff man how old are you. I dont know why you are wining about all that.

"Star Power" and "Best fighters in the world" are two very different things. The average fighter on the UFC roster today destroys the top names in the 90s and early 2000s. The sport has evolved so much in just the past 20 years it is almost a different sport entirely when you look at training, gameplanning, and overall technique levels.

The fighting level today is much higher than any time in the history of the sport. To say things like "Some examples are the propaganda set by dana and friends to make some fighters look legit and some the best in the world." is just ridiculous.

For all of you that do not think the UFC has the best fighters in the world please, sincerely, do me a favor. Point out where all of these fighters are that are at a higher level. Are they hiding on a mountain top somewhere?

I HATE fans that talk about how there are no good fighters when the skill level today is miles ahead of back in the day even on the undercards.

If there aren't enough "stars" for you, then move on. If you're looking to see the highest level of skill the sport has ever seen, keep tuning in. But for the love of god, stop making these stupid arguments on the internet about how the UFC is in trouble. They are doing just fine, and plenty of their fanbase like myself enjoys good quality MMA, not just the guys/girls who get to do movies as side projects or show up on TMZ every week.

Did you think those guys (Shogun, Rampage, Belfort, GSP, Hendo, Etc.) were simply going to fight on forever? You fail to mention the current guys on "killing sprees" - Weidman, Lawler, Rockhold, Romero, TJ, McGregor, etc. And sure - Ronda.

I knew they would decline, but who we got to substitute them? Almost all of those names are weak compared to those guys I mentioned

What would you rather them do? Tell everyone the chick Ronda is fighting is her worst opponent yet? Their entire business operation is built around selling fights.

since the ufc fucked themselves over by over-saturating their roster, i'd at least like them to be honest and say that ronda is by far the best fighter, and that she's a killer in the women's division. at least they won't look stupid after hyping a fighter to only get defeated in thirty seconds.

at least the ufc won't look like a joke by setting up fights that fail to live up to their potential.

Joe's got more to worry about than being an ethical fan. Due to his position in the UFC he is not at liberty to always provide his honest opinion. He has everything to gain the more hype a fight gets, and nothing to lose. Bigger fights (even if every fan knows it's a lopsided beating) mean a bigger payday for the UFC which then trickles down to a bigger payday for Joe Rogan. It's just business and really not worth criticizing Rogan for being a smart businessman. As fans, it's nice that we can recognize what is BS and what isn't. But, for the casual or newcomer it might help generate more interest and increase the fan base. If a newcomer is hyped for a fight, for whatever reason, it's still a win/win for everyone involved. It's part of Joe's job to make every fight seem like the stakes are higher than they really are, it's all a part of the show.

Yes I agree with all of that. Like I said before I still respect Joe. Ethics never did matter in the ufc so yeah for sure no one would care about it in the organization. We all different for some it may not be a big deal but for others it might. IMO i think they should be more ethical towards certain matters, especially if they want to be one of the biggest sports in the world.

Do you guys know many ppl who completely lost interest in MMA?

I get the feeling in 2014 they saw the writing on the wall so they went balls out coming up with a campaign for 2015. And it's worked to make the company an attractive investment. Everything they're doing now is probably not good for the long haul. Breaking their own rule of hyping Conor and ronda as being bigger than the brand. It just feels like every move the ufc is making lately is based on the short term. Usually a sign of wanting to sell.

"Star Power" and "Best fighters in the world" are two very different things. The average fighter on the UFC roster today destroys the top names in the 90s and early 2000s. The sport has evolved so much in just the past 20 years it is almost a different sport entirely when you look at training, gameplanning, and overall technique levels.

The fighting level today is much higher than any time in the history of the sport. To say things like "Some examples are the propaganda set by dana and friends to make some fighters look legit and some the best in the world." is just ridiculous.

For all of you that do not think the UFC has the best fighters in the world please, sincerely, do me a favor. Point out where all of these fighters are that are at a higher level. Are they hiding on a mountain top somewhere?

I HATE fans that talk about how there are no good fighters when the skill level today is miles ahead of back in the day even on the undercards.

If there aren't enough "stars" for you, then move on. If you're looking to see the highest level of skill the sport has ever seen, keep tuning in. But for the love of god, stop making these stupid arguments on the internet about how the UFC is in trouble. They are doing just fine, and plenty of their fanbase like myself enjoys good quality MMA, not just the guys/girls who get to do movies as side projects or show up on TMZ every week.

Your crying about fans saying there are no good fighters yet I DID NOT EVEN SAY THAT. Point it out when I said there are no fighters with skill now a days. Being a star and a draw is different from skill. Your post would have come clutch if I said that but I didnt so your whole point is invalid. The propaganda comment was made to show that the ufc is looking to make more buzz with there fighters. It by no way berating their skill.

Your crying about fans saying there are no good fighters yet I DID NOT EVEN SAY THAT. Point it out when I said there are no fighters with skill now a days. Being a star and a draw is different from skill. Your post would have come clutch if I said that but I didnt so your whole point is invalid. The propaganda comment was made to show that the ufc is looking to make more buzz with there fighters. It by no way berating their skill.

I already shut you down, just stop.

No draws guys!!! Only on pace to possibly hit 7 or 8 million buys this years with the amount of huge fights they have left this year, no draws though!!!

The UFC's business model has always been about the brand first and the fighter's second. The matchmaking is specifically setup to be as difficult as possible in order to prevent fighters becoming bigger than the sport.

lol. the matchmaking is set up for top fighters to fight other top fighters?

They don't need any other draws like them, Weidman is going to get them 500K every time out, the HW belt is going to get 300-500K, the WW belt will draw 300-500K. AGAIN, look how many buys they are on pace for this year, they still have Gus vs DC, Weidman vs Rockhold, Aldo vs McGregor, Rousey vs Tate 3, possibly Cain vs Werdum 2 and possibly the return of Silva and Jon Jones. Wouldn't shock me if they did damn near 8 million PPV buys this year, think about that and then go back to your argument and contemplate it some more.

How much did ufc 187 do? That ppv had 2 belts on the line and how did the fair off?
How about 188? Look for your self boy and tell me -->http://mmapayout.com/blue-book/pay-per-view/

You talked about you shutting me down. LOL just delete your account.

Back