UFC is Dying 2021

Is the UFC Dying?

• Total voters
Feel like there have been more eyes on the sport over the past 6-8 months than ever

yep. star power is extremely low. all the stars like Conor and Nate are retiring soon and with ufc 's low pay they cant recruit new talent.. lol venom...

554cd-16234002177350-800.jpg

theres a lot of truth in TS' post but the UFC can still be saved. The culture they've established is what's not sustainable, however with the right leadersship in place the UFC has the potential to become a lot more respected. It's going to start with fighter pay, then fan experience, and more focus on giving back to the community. Other major sports organizations have figured this out lightyears ago which is why they dominate the sport space. It's difficult for the UFC to be considered in those same spaces with public labor disputes, over-exposure, insane prices PPV cards and a revolving door of talent. The athletes should be celebrated a lot more, casual fans show about as much support to UFC athletes as the company does. Once the right leadership figures this out they will finally be able to dig themselves out of this awkward position they're in.
Fan experience and giving back to community? What does that look like?

I gave you a like TS. You make a very good case. But you're still wrong. UFC/MMA isn't going anywhere anytime soon. We're all in it for the long haul.

A better, newer organization would eventually emerge, this is common throughout the history of sports

There’s absolutely no guarantee that this happens. And many don’t even want a better org. They want fracturing of the sport without a dominant org.

The whole MMA/UFC mystique is long gone, no doubt.

But fighting is fighting and that´ll always attract viewers, and UFC is the number one org. (it´l live)

Dana´s days are numbered and the UFC will look totally different in 5 years imo. (welcome to bump this in 2026)

<31>

This, obviously. I try to help people who are disinterested by giving simple advice that helps. So many people complain that they don't know half the fighters or most and I say, during the week take an hour or two to watch a few fights, instagram, interviews etc. of the people you don't know and it'll help you feel more emotionally invested in the fights. Most people say stuff like, i'm not going to waste my time doing that and it's always the same idiots that are on here posting all week about nothing, but they don't have an hour or two to help themselves get more interested.

Some people are just here to complain and can't see that maybe it's not the sport of mma's fault they aren't as interested. It's just weird the entitlement of some people, every fight/event has to be the greatest or it sucks. That's just people for ya, kinda feel bad but don't.

Yeah.

"I only watch a card every couple of months"

"Why don't I know any of the fighters?"

The whole MMA/UFC mystique is long gone, no doubt.

But fighting is fighting and that´ll always attract viewers, and UFC is the number one org. (it´l live)

Dana´s days are numbered and the UFC will look totally different in 5 years imo. (welcome to bump this in 2026)

<31>
Definitely agree with this.

I've set a reminder for 5 years to bump your post :D

I disagree. It's worst than ever. Maybe the skill level on the prelims are better now but all the excitement have disappeared from MMA.
Bro. I said it was trash. We both agree lol

Back