UFC is Dying 2021

Is the UFC Dying?

• Total voters
This is why the Mafia Bros sold Zuffa.

They knew they had gotten away with their mob business in the UFC for enough time, and shit was about to catch up to them.

Theres a big antitrust lawsuit coming for them.

Their ratings peaked.
They overhyped Ronda and Conor and all to the stars and made it seem like this was the next big sport of the world.

Meanwhile in reality UFC couldn't even get a fair deal from FOX for contract extension. FOX opted to go with WWE instead.

ESPN isn't happy with UFC either, after they put on shitty cards to meet the quota last year, which says ESPN will pay a fixed sum regardless of number of viewers or ppv buys if UFC put on an X number of events in the fiscal year.

Ratings have gone way downhill, along with ppv buys.

Reebok couldn't wait to part ways with the UFC. No other big time players wants to come near them. They had to settle with Venom, LOL

Hell, even their top fighters are refusing to fight. Jones vacated. Conor sat out for most his prime. Khabib retired young. Cejudo retired young, Ronda retired young... Anderson Silva got released (fired) despite only 1 fight left on contract, after all the things he had done for them.

Liddell and Hughes were fired after Dana promised them lifetime jobs for what they did for the UFC. Hughes opted to park on the train tracks as a result...allegedly.
Meanwhile, Liddell is willing to fight anyone anywhere to get some of that coco money.

Yup UFC is Dying 2021

People are more excited to see Youtube Stars box, than to watch UFC fights. That too, former UFC fighters are being offered more money to Box for those guys, more than they ever made in the UFC.

so you wouldnt take 4.2 billion when ylou only paid 2 million to start with?

You bastards shouldn't be rooting against the UFC, if they die then MMA's popularity goes down the drain. Look at the ratings of every non-UFC product in the US, they're shit.

The UFC is dead for the OGs, but it's thriving if you are just a casual who doesn't care about real rankings, watered down cards or any form of legitimacy in the sport.

This is why the Mafia Bros sold Zuffa.

They knew they had gotten away with their mob business in the UFC for enough time, and shit was about to catch up to them.

Theres a big antitrust lawsuit coming for them.

Their ratings peaked.
They overhyped Ronda and Conor and all to the stars and made it seem like this was the next big sport of the world.

Meanwhile in reality UFC couldn't even get a fair deal from FOX for contract extension. FOX opted to go with WWE instead.

ESPN isn't happy with UFC either, after they put on shitty cards to meet the quota last year, which says ESPN will pay a fixed sum regardless of number of viewers or ppv buys if UFC put on an X number of events in the fiscal year.

Ratings have gone way downhill, along with ppv buys.

Reebok couldn't wait to part ways with the UFC. No other big time players wants to come near them. They had to settle with Venom, LOL

Hell, even their top fighters are refusing to fight. Jones vacated. Conor sat out for most his prime. Khabib retired young. Cejudo retired young, Ronda retired young... Anderson Silva got released (fired) despite only 1 fight left on contract, after all the things he had done for them.

Liddell and Hughes were fired after Dana promised them lifetime jobs for what they did for the UFC. Hughes opted to park on the train tracks as a result...allegedly.
Meanwhile, Liddell is willing to fight anyone anywhere to get some of that coco money.

Yup UFC is Dying 2021

People are more excited to see Youtube Stars box, than to watch UFC fights. That too, former UFC fighters are being offered more money to Box for those guys, more than they ever made in the UFC.

You're focusing on the wrong data points. All that matters is what UFC'S only customer thinks. I'm too lazy to find all the sources but it seems like the UFC is hitting all their milestones with ESPN. Plus I think the UFC is Endeavor's major revenue and profitability source. Im not a Dana White fan, but the dude is winning big time.

I'd say UFC's growth is dying and hopefully the anti-trust lawsuit fucks them over but, even if it does, I doubt the UFC will die from it. All it takes is 1 actual fan of MMA to take over and not expect all the money to go to the top so the athletes can get paid

Yeah I was hardcore into UFC from 2017-2020. 2020 was the biggest year for the company but it seems the fad is over quickly. I cant be bothered watching cards the way I used to before. I think my lack of interest is a good indicator that UFC is dying.

Dying no.

Getting sued for millions and now that the lawsuit has been expanded into more fighters, yes. We'll see what happens, either a settlement or years of tedious law stuff.

It's better than ever.
Do you seriously believe this?

You are looking forward to the weekends to watch every UFC card?

You're also watching all the prelim fights, along with the main card?

Cause that's what UFC fans were about: UFC fans looked forward to cards, and even the prelims were something to look forward to.

The only fights I missed were the Facebook prelim fights.

Nowadays there are one or 2 fights to look forward to on a card.

There will always be ups and downs. WME has fucked up big time. Let go of plenty of potential stars and putting stock in the wrong people. Also Dana needs to go. He's a bad look. Always shitting on fighters and justifying paying then peanuts.

tumblr_lvo35c5bVx1qe3aixo4_250.gifv

theres a lot of truth in TS' post but the UFC can still be saved. The culture they've established is what's not sustainable, however with the right leadersship in place the UFC has the potential to become a lot more respected. It's going to start with fighter pay, then fan experience, and more focus on giving back to the community. Other major sports organizations have figured this out lightyears ago which is why they dominate the sport space. It's difficult for the UFC to be considered in those same spaces with public labor disputes, over-exposure, insane prices PPV cards and a revolving door of talent. The athletes should be celebrated a lot more, casual fans show about as much support to UFC athletes as the company does. Once the right leadership figures this out they will finally be able to dig themselves out of this awkward position they're in.

Back