UFC is desperate to make McGregor a champ again

Jake the Muss

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
The BMF title was specifically made for the purpose of giving McGregor a fast pass to the WW title, since he wouldn't be able to do it the honorable way. If Diaz would've beat Masvidal, it would've been the same manufactured path to greatness. When McGregor beats Masvidal, just remember that neither Masvidal nor Diaz were title shot contenders.

Also, I don't believe Dana when he says that McGregor would get a rematch against Khabib for beating Cerrone. I think the reason why he says that is because if Tony wins, then the matchmakers could justify Ferguson vs McGregor, since "he was going to get a title shot anyways".

If Khabib wins, they would just make the fight against Masvidal. Unfortunately, Masvidal is too busy living in the moment to realize that he is getting used.

Lame excuses to put McGregor on top by any means necessary.

he has no shot at winning against jorge ferguson or kabib no matter how sober he is and if those fights happen he will relapse

They only have so many shopworn Cowboy Cerrones they can feed him... MAYBE Diaz 3 is next and they’re not even sure he can with that one lol.

Dana will always try to find a way for his toddler to be champ.

afa20089fc7f336a53b868f2bcf8e2a9.jpg

he has no shot at wining againts jorge ferguson or kabib no matter how sober he is and if those fights happen he will relapse
nah, i think he beats masvidal and ferg and then people will say these two weren't that much but hype.

Lol. Jorge would knock connors head off. He had a shot at the bmf belt if diaz won. But nah

He might legit do this to Tony so he doesn’t make it to the fight:

SgSu9eU.gif

The BMF title was specifically made for the purpose of giving McGregor a fast pass to the WW title, since he wouldn't be able to do it the honorable way. If Diaz would've beat Masvidal, it would've been the same manufactured path to greatness. When McGregor beats Masvidal, just remember that neither Masvidal nor Diaz were title shot contenders.

Also, I don't believe Dana when he says that McGregor would get a rematch against Khabib for beating Cerrone. I think the reason why he says that is because if Tony wins, then the matchmakers could justify Ferguson vs McGregor, since "he was going to get a title shot anyways".

If Khabib wins, they would just make the fight against Masvidal. Unfortunately, Masvidal is too busy living in the moment to realize that he is getting used.

Problem is he won't beat Masvidal

Yes, they want their biggest star to have a belt. They did the same thing with Chuck years ago but Rashad shut that down. They wanted Forrest to beat Rampage because they thought Chuck would kill Forrest. They do this because it will make them the most money.

he has no shot at wining againts jorge ferguson or kabib no matter how sober he is and if those fights happen he will relapse

No. Tony is the shortest path if he wins, however, Masvidal is the weakest link here. Look at his record. 35 - 13. His top win, being against Darren Till, whose rank was previously hyped in the past.

He probably would've had to fight Tyron Woodley to get a shot, but with the poo poo belt, his position in the rankings, which has slowly been creeping up while he has been inactive, has more "prestige" than it should.

Dana will always try to find a way for his toddler to be champ.

afa20089fc7f336a53b868f2bcf8e2a9.jpg

Not sure what's funnier in this pic... Conor in the baby stroller or Dana with those boats for pants hahaha

Edit: apologize if I offended any sherdoggers wearing the same pants in their mom's basement.

Lol. Jorge would knock connors head off. He had a shot at the bmf belt if diaz won. But nah

Actually Jorge is looking like a much more winnable fight for Conor, now that he seems to have gotten his mojo back a bit.

He’s (Mas) really gotten in love with his new, more aggressive style of striking, so you know he’ll keep it standing.

And if we are being real, and not needlessly disparaging Conor because we don’t like him, Conor’s striking is at least good enough to seriously hurt Mas in the first couple of rounds.

Could legitimately turn into another Cerrone style blow out that everyone bitches about for months.

Conor will defeat all. this is focussed Conor. a savage of the men you adore. warned.

You’re overthinking bro.

he has no shot at winning against jorge ferguson or kabib no matter how sober he is and if those fights happen he will relapse

I have a strong feeling he relapsed some 12hrs ago after the fight...

Yes but Conor isnt beating Jorge Masvidal. He's a straight up killer on a late Prime Robbie Lawler type streak.

lol at all the naive MMA fans here.

This is 100% what fight promoters do. There's even an added layer in boxing where a guy like Haymon AND an organization like the WBC would want a cash cow like Canelo to both become and stay champion.

Is normal.

"Khabib needs to beat Conor again for his legacy" -Dana

I think its hilarious how Conor actually wants to take another fight while Khabib fights Tony, but Dana is desperately trying to stop him and telling him to wait for Khabib.

Back