UFC is all about money?

ThatCasualFan

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Among the complaints people have made lately, the ones that pop the most are the introduction of CM Punk, Brock Lesnar fighting without being tested and Sage Northcutt getting more money than better fighters. It seems like the only thing UFC cares nowadays is nothing but money, but is it?

According to wikipedia ''The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is an American fighting promotion company. It is the premier mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion, the largest in the world and it features most of the top-ranked fighters in the sport."

As you can see, its a fighting promotion company. Their objective is to create events and sell tickets, pay-per-views and etc. To make people buy their products, they need good cards, which also means selecting people the general public want to see fighting. Sometimes, these people are not the best skilled.

THE CM PUNK COMPLAINT: Many people are complaining CM shouldn't make his debut in ufc, since he has zero mma background and do not deserve to be in an elite fighting company like ufc. But the ufc seems to not care about introducing Punk as a fighter as it only gives them publicity and money from pay-per-views/tickets.

LESNAR CASE: Brock defeated Mark Hunt via unanimous decision after ufc 200 but was notified later of a potential anti-doping violation by USADA. Also, he got exemption from the four month notice rules creating suspicion over why would the organization let he fight without being tested like the others fighters. Raising the thought that maybe what really matters is to put a show for the people, even if it means letting a fighter use illegal substances, favouring him over the others.

NORTHCUTT SALARY: After the releasing of the disclosed salaries of ufc 200, many people have complaint about why did Sage made 100k plus 50k winning bonus, while fighters more skilled and succesfull made less, like TJ Dillashaw who got 75k total (50k + 25k winning bonus). Some people state that Sage brings income to ufc and publicity because of his looks, flashy style and charisma, while some better fighters dont bring nothing new to the game.

What do you guys think, is the ufc all about money?

Sources:
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Brock-Lesnar-Receives-USADA-Exemption-to-Compete-at-UFC-200-106115
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Br...on-After-Failing-OutofCompetition-Test-108099
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UF...Payroll-with-Record-3625-Million-Purse-107797

Bingo!

HHUECoM.jpg

No. The UFC is simply charity. Which kinda is about money. So, yes. The UFC is all about money.

aren't all businesses about money?

nah, UFC is about World Fucking Domination. Money just comes with the territory.

of course they are all about money

YES

I say this like every thread

You mean to tell me that this business cares about money?!?!?!?!?!

WOW I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE THIS FOR-PROFIT ENTERPRISE WOULD EVER DO SUCH A THING

If it don't make dollars it don't make cents

It is a business. If they focus on something other than money, a business will generally not do well.

I wanted to know what you guys think about it. Its nice to see people here know its just a business. From time to time i see someone ranting about sage salary, cm punk debut, and things like that, but in the end it all comes to whos giving them more profit and what the general public wants to see.

Back