UFC interested in putting the Rousey/Tate fight on same card as McGregor/Aldo

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
Plans have been in place to try and stage the McGregor vs Aldo bout at the Dallas Cowboys' AT&T Stadium which can hold up to 105,000 spectators.

UFC President Dana White revealed this week that he is hoping to confirm Aldo vs McGregor in Dallas on the 5th December. However, Ronda Rousey recently stated that she would love to be on that card and the idea has great interested UFC chiefs.

https://beanbagsports.com/#post/20951

Hopefully Ronda headlines. Not that I'm against Aldo.

Makes sense. Them having a 3rd match makes zero sense anyway. There's no fucking reason for it, it's stupid for Ronda to have to waist an entire camp, promo-period etc on Tate again, and nobody is going to pay for that shit. So, good. Make Rhondo the co-headline.

How many fights/fight camps do fighters get in a career? Goddamn what a waste of a fight this one is.

Makes sense. Them having a 3rd match makes zero sense anyway. There's no fucking reason for it, it's stupid for Ronda to have to waist an entire camp, promo-period etc on Tate again, and nobody is going to pay for that shit. So, good. Make Rhondo the co-headline.

How many fights/fight camps do fighters get in a career? Goddamn what a waste of a fight this one is.

Don't ever go into business :eek:

Rousey vs. Tate 3 is a waste, yet people still want Nog vs. Mir 3? Tate has earned her way up, so you can't deny her a title shot. Hell, if Dos Santos or Velasquez win the heavyweight title down the line and the other earns his way, as much as I'm not interested in Velasquez vs. Dos Santos 4, you can't deny a shot just because you don't want to see it. That's the reality of sports.

And I, for one, don't mind seeing Rousey vs. Tate 3.

Rousey vs. Tate 3 is a waste, yet people still want Nog vs. Mir 3? Tate has earned her way up, so you can't deny her a title shot. Hell, if Dos Santos or Velasquez win the heavyweight title down the line and the other earns his way, as much as I'm not interested in Velasquez vs. Dos Santos 4, you can't deny a shot just because you don't want to see it. That's the reality of sports.

And I, for one, don't mind seeing Rousey vs. Tate 3.

Cain vs JDS 4 might be interesting. Especially if JDS wins. There's still some questions that could be answered there, JDS didn't seem to have much in the way of a gameplan in any of their fights.

I personally do not want Nog vs Mir 3. I think that's a stupid fight to make.

Who else should she fight at 135 then ?

Anyone she hasn't fought yet. The results will be the same either way.

People say "Tate earned her shot" - since when has that ever mattered?

First: FUCK DANA if he puts 194 anywhere but Calgary after making promises for 3 years. Second why wouldnt Ronda want to be on the Mcgregor/Aldo card it will more them double her PPV cut.

Any fight other than Cyborg vs Ronda should be boycotted at this stage. Nobody else has a chance.

it's called back up for when the Aldo v Conor fight falls through again .

Cowboys stadium will be good for the ufc financially but I'm sure there won't be as many Irish fans traveling to Dallas as there was to Vegas. Vegas is much more convenient and appealing to traveling fans

Any fight other than Cyborg vs Ronda should be boycotted at this stage. Nobody else has a chance.

this.

Why bother watching Ronda fighting girls that don't stand a chance against her?

It's like Jon Jones fighting Bonnar...who the fuck is interested in that?

I don't want to see Tate get a third shot. I don't like fighters who keep getting title shot after title shot. I.e Faber, Mendes, and now Tate.

Give Holly Holm a title shot. Put it as a co-header on that card. People will actually buy into Holm standing more of a chance against Rousey than Tate who would get merked a third time, just as brutal. How would you come back (mentally) from getting finished by the same person three times?

Tired of Tate, shes got no chance at all but to last rounds.

Hype a Cat Zingano rematch, we havent seen much of the fight aside from a epic fail strategy. Cats' got a legit chance.

We know Conor by himself can pull in close to a million PPVs, so I'm guessing that adding Ronda is the UFC's way of trying to pull in a few hundred thousand more casual fans and try to set a PPV record.

Back