UFC in Sweden in april 2013!

FIGHTPLAY_scandinavium.jpg

Kimura.se reported of a rumour that the UFC will be coming back to Sweden in april!

http://www.kimura.se/rykte-ufc-atervander-till-sverige-i-april

The article states the Alexander Gustafsson will likely headline the event and speculations for his opponent was between Gegard Mousasi or winner of the Evans - Nogueira fight.

Any other candidates you see would make sense for Gustafsson? Who else would you like to see on this card?

Thanks for the update!

yeah winner of Evans vs Nog totally makes sense, I guess they'll wait to see this fight in 3 weeks to take a decision on who will Gus face. The winner of Evans vs Nog COULD get injured in this fight especially since we all know Evans and Nog are injury prone so...in this case they probably give the fight to Gegard since he wants it.

If the card happens on April 14th like the article mentions...it means a 2 cards weekend, since TUF finale Sonnen vs Jones in on April 13th...imo they should do the sweden card on April 6th instead...if its possible.

edit : I dont understand a single word of swedish but the article does mention April 14th...which happens to be a SUNDAY...is this serious?

The first event in Sweden was amazing, I'll get tickets for sure if they come back.

Great news! Heres to hoping Sirwan Kakai and Assan Njie get there well deserved call ups

Maybe the UFC can sign some more Swedish prospects like Assan Njie and Max Nunes? Or Tom Niinimaki, even though he's Finnish.

In the Worldwide MMA forum, Northfromhere states Assan Njie and Sirwan Kakai both have fights coming up in March, so forget them in April.

Max Nunes - highly possible. Ilir Latifi might have been, but he's fighting soon too.

Tom Niinimaki MUST be a cert for this card, even though he's a Finn!

I doubt Rashad would wanna headline a Fuel or FX card. It will probably be Gustaffson vs Mousasi (I sure as hell hope so).

I doubt Rashad would wanna headline a Fuel or FX card. It will probably be Gustaffson vs Mousasi (I sure as hell hope so).

Rashad has a ppv bonus % in his contract and is one of the Ufc's bigger draws. There's no way he ends up on FX or Fuel.

It'd be cool if they gave Max Nunes a shot.
A bit untested but has great potential!

To all the people who say Rashd/Nog winner has to fight Gus - are you serious? A top-10 guy is going to fight with only two months to recover and have another full camp?
And, if the fight goes rough (hard back and forth decision, for example) even winner may be suspended for 60 days. Will UFC gamble by saying winner fights Gus in April?
If that is we are pretty much down to:
Rampage/Glover
Bader (assuming he beats the janitor)
Mousasi
Griffin

All who say Mousasi doesn't deserve to fight Gus are way off. He's beaten plenty of top 10 fighters, most at 185, but he's a veteran and former Strikeforce, Dream LHW, and Dream MW GP champ. Gus hasn't held a title yet in any org.

At the very least, hopefully Mousasi fights on that card. It's a short trip for him.

Last edited:
Back