UFC image problem: Signing an 0-0 fake wrestler; top star a coke head

BrainBar2014

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The UFC all of a sudden has an image problem. Thought the sport of MMA had beaten the human cockfighting image problem. Maybe not.

A lot of fights now are boring. Glorified kickboxing matches since both Dana and the rules are trying to eliminate grappling.

They signed an 0-0 fake wrestler who hasnt even so much as competed in a NAGA grappling tournament yet...to a UFC deal. Pathetic. Would CM Punk even win the purple belt division at NAGA? No. Did he win an NCAA real wrestling championship? No. Is a an accomplished boxer with a pro record? Nope doesnt belong in the UFC.

Now their biggest star looks like a coke head.

They better get their shit together. Reestablish the legitimate sport and sign fighters who belong there only. And deregulate some rules so " As real as it gets" is true. When a striker is grounded and cant get up and refs rescue them...thats not as real.as it gets.

CM Punk: Outspoken against all forms of drug's / MMA virgin.
Jon Jones: Arguably Greatest UFC fighter ever/ Did coke once.

It evens out.

And lawsuits, don't forget lawsuits

I bet CM Punk has all the best cocaine connections, after that career of traveling and entertainment. What a great reason to bring him into the UFC?

You're talking about them. They win

UFC is baaack baby
party-hard.gif

You don't watch any other sports besides Mma huh?

It evens out.

Do you really think that's the first time he's ever used? It's just the first time he was caught. I highly doubt that this was the first time he ever did coke.

It evens out.

did coke once lol.Coke is out of your system in about 2 days,only cokeheads get popped pretty much.

CM Punk is the greatest thing to UFC in a long time. I'm a UFC fan, not mma overall and I say that because I don't watch bellator or other promotion fights. I would pay to see cm punk fight and there it is, another customer.

All major sports have athletes, in the US anyway, that routinely get popped for drugs, and much more serious offenses. Routinely.

The damage has been done. Might as well pack it in.

Oh well, this UFC thing was fun while it lasted.

did coke once lol.Coke is out of your system in about 2 days,only cokeheads get popped pretty much.

They keep calling it "a mistake", when really it was probably more like a succession of small mistakes over an extended period of time.

It evens out.

Jon Jones = coke. Every Google search, every social media outlet

Assuming that The UFC had a good image in the first place.

Do you really think that's the first time he's ever used? It's just the first time he was caught. I highly doubt that this was the first time he ever did coke.

Not at all, I'm sure he's indulged in it a few times. I also think he likes to dress up as a leather pony and get whipped.

But until we hear otherwise, one failed test is all we have to go on. Oh and a Deadspin article.

All major sports have athletes, in the US anyway, that routinely get popped for drugs, and much more serious offenses. Routinely.

Not really. I mean all sports have PED users, but usually everyone gets busted for weed.

Back