Media UFC Icon Sean O’Malley Meets His Idol Conor McGregor

Brodie

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

Clip was posted with no sound

“I think the first time I watched him fight was against Max Holloway,” O’Malley said during the UFC 264 media day.

“There’s just something about him like, damn, I want to watch him fight again, I want to continue to watch. I’ve watched every single interview he’s ever done. I’ve watched all of his fights, multiple times. I love the way he carries himself

A lot of people say that I try to be like Conor. You can have two people that have similar personalities. [People say], ‘Oh you try to dress like Conor, you try to fight like Conor, you try to act like Conor, talk like Conor’ – that’s not true at all.

“I definitely have taken bits and pieces and learned from him, which is the smart thing to do. Learn from someone who is that successful and doing that well.

“But yeah he’s definitely inspired me a ton. The way he carries himself. The way he handles pressure. The way he goes into these big fights. I’ve learned a lot from him.”

2 of the most polarizing figures in MMA today

Last edited:
Two MMA legends. These two live rent free in the average Shertard's head. {<Mcgoat}
giphy.gif

Two fighters who I like just as much as I hate

Can't bare Conor and yet I also like a lot about him

O'Malley actually I don't even mind, I don't really get the hate to be honest. His hair is shit and I'm sure a lot of what he says is nonsense, but so is a lot of what many MMA fighters say, god look at Sean Strickland for a recent example

Maybe I don't mind O'Malley because he's won me some decent money in the past but he seems no worse than most of the other fighters

Back