UFC having trouble finding someone to fight Cain?

Buy him the pudgy russian cancrusher!

You may think that but I have to look at what has already happened. JDS violently and brutally slept Werdum with a beautiful uppercut.

There is no reason to believe that he couldnt again just b/c he had a "bad" fight against Stipe.

that uppercut as beautiful as it was, was a one in a million shot. if jds could just through that thing anytime he wanted, he'd be undefeated

No way. .he is past his prime and many can make a name off him.

You may think that but I have to look at what has already happened. JDS violently and brutally slept Werdum with a beautiful uppercut.

There is no reason to believe that he couldnt again just b/c he had a "bad" fight against Stipe.
He was losing that fight until he dropped stipe and that is when he gains the will to kill. What if he never gains that will in a JDS/Werdum 2 fight. Werdum would beat the hell out of him in a decision like browne or sub him like cain. Only thing he can't do is KO him because of that iron jaw.

He was losing that fight until he dropped stipe and that is when he gains the will to kill. What if he never gains that will in a JDS/Werdum 2 fight. Werdum would beat the hell out of him in a decision like browne or sub him like cain. Only thing he can't do is KO him because of that iron jaw.

exactly "what if". Thats my point. You are still in hypothetical land, where as, I have actual proof that JDS is the better fighter.

Has Werdum improved and can he beat JDS? Of course but the evidence still shows that JDS is the better man.

Except for the "can't" I agree with this wholeheartedly. Jonas put that JDS would KO Werdum again like it's a fact too, and I don't agree with that either.

I honestly see their fight going 3 rounds at the least if it doesn't make it to the championship rounds. I also see JDS, the puncher, being outstruck by Werdum, the Muay Thai practitioner who fights with no fear of the ground due to being a jitz phenom. JDS might win the first 30 seconds or even 45 seconds of round 1, or even all of round 1, but I see Werdum taking it from there. JDS is a furious dude who's furious pace debases as the fight goes on to a steady, picking shots pace. Werdum keeps his cool throughout his fights usually, will probably flop once or twice, and attack with punch-kick combinations until the knees present their opportunity. I know JDS is weak in the clinch, especially against the cage, but I wouldn't think right off the bat that Werdum is stronger, maybe his technique would be enough, but if I was Werdum, I wouldn't beat up JDS against the cage until round 2 or 3, let him start gassing first and then fasttrack that gassing with body knees while punching his head in. I also atm, only see Werdum taking JDS down against the cage, i.e. taking his legs out from under him. That's a shame since JDS would have way more trouble getting up from the bottom in the center of the Octagon, maybe Werdum can trick him or knock him down with a big strike like the knee he tricked Hunt into eating.

I still think JDS takes out Werdum. I think Arlovski does too.

...any quote from Cain's knees?

Its possible. There are only a few match ups for him, Miocic, Brown, or Rothwell. We know Stipe is aiming for the title shot and he's very close so I dont see why he would want the Cain fight. Although, I am pretty sure Ben would be all over it

I'd like to see Miocic fight Cain since they are both boxing wrestlers. It will be a good gauge for Miocic. I think Rothwell 2.0 is a risky fight for Cain.

I still think JDS takes out Werdum. I think Arlovski does too.

No one gave Werdum much chance against Browne or Cain either. Weird but I also still think JDS and AA beat Werdum. When will we learn our lessons and stop doubting this badass??

They haven’t signed any HW matches lately. Pretty big leap to think professional fighters are “scared” of fighting a guy that got mauled last month.

It doesn't matter. Cain will be back chasing the belt sooner or later

Back