UFC has learned its lesson, with PPV and TV numbers down, cards are getting better..

We still have a few crapola cards coming up, nothing can be done with those, but with the recent announcements for new cards, it tells us that the fans and numbers have spoken, and the UFC brass are listening and have put their best foot forward and putting an end to the recent string of lackluster cards.

UFC - Macau
Cung Le vs Bisping
Lombard vs Dong Kim

These two fights are enough for a PPV card alone.

UFC - Sweden
Jon Jones vs Gustaffson
Hunt vs Arlovski (possible, still unofficial)

So remember, the best way to protest against poor cards, is to not purchase. This is what has been happening, and immediately we are seeing a change.

They always do their best to put out the best cards they can. Some cards are just better than others.

There will not be less cards and the UFC PPV model in the USA is one it's way out when the FOX Network makes the right offer to put Title fights on FOX.

Guys who used to fight on main card PPVs are now fighting on free tv prelims and people act like the cards have declined. I think in many cases people just don't follow anymore and are unfamiliar with the fighters so they assume that they are nobodies who belong on the undercard. There's probably 25 fighters in the LW division alone who are good enough to fight on the main card. The difference being that there used to only be 10-15 who were main card worthy and you knew all their names. There's so much new talent that people seem to just want to see what's familiar.

Card quality is clearly what drives big numbers.

Which is why UFC 145 was a smash hit and UFC 166 underwhelmed on pay per view. Right?

144 was top heavy, but the Jones - Evans fight was always gonna carry it. As for 166 I agree it was a great card, highlighted by the Gil-Diego fight, but after JDS-Cain II, I think perhaps a lot of fans didn't want to watch a repeat of that. JDS is pretty popular, people don't want to see him murdered.

The UFC still has the same talent and the same number of events to fill. I don't see how they'll stack cards any more until the let up on the massive expanse of events per year. The only way they could stack cards more is if they have fighters fight more often. Look at the next three cards...you could combine the top fights from all those and not even have a legit ppv.

That being said, I will watch all the events and some will probably be great, with great fights, but based off name recognition the next three cards are about as watered down as it gets.

Le/Bisping and Lombard/Kim isn't ppv worthy imo, at least if they are the only names on the whole card.

Le/Bisping and Lombard/Kim isn't ppv worthy imo, at least if they are the only names on the whole card.
Seeing as UFC 78 featured rashad vs bisping as a main event, i'm pretty sure those would be PPV worthy.

This thread fails. UFC cards won't get better with even more shows this year.

Le/Bisping i.e. is laugable. Bisping is a gatekeeper and Le is older than Couture ever was.

hate to break it to you but nothing has changed.

Cards in the second half will look better because bigger names who were hurt will come back and cards will have Cain, Pettis/Gil, Hendricks will be back etc.

173 was an amazing card, anyonw who complained was a retard who is not an MMA fan.

Is Gus/Jones a sure thing in Sweeden?

Always glad to see cards getting stacked but I guess I'm in the minority of people who thought the last few cards were excellent. Very entertaining.

That fight was never going to be in Sweden.

We still have a few crapola cards coming up, nothing can be done with those, but with the recent announcements for new cards, it tells us that the fans and numbers have spoken, and the UFC brass are listening and have put their best foot forward and putting an end to the recent string of lackluster cards.

UFC - Macau
Cung Le vs Bisping
Lombard vs Dong Kim

UFC - Sweden
Jon Jones vs Gustaffson

So remember, the best way to protest against poor cards, is to not purchase. This is what has been happening, and immediately we are seeing a change.

Man oh Man you talk some crap

Arlosvki is fighting Schaub at 174
Hunt will likely fight Nelson in Japans card
Gus vs Jones will most likely happen in Vegas

and no, UFC Macau wouldn't make a ppv in a million years

I agree with all of this lol

I hope so badly that Hunt and Nelson fight, I've wanted that fight for so long now and I assume a lot of other people have too!

Still not buying any cards headlined by Jones, ever.

I buy good cards all the time though. Vote with your wallet. If every card was stacked i'd buy every card.

173 was an amazing card, anyonw who complained was a retard who is not an MMA fan.

It turned out to be an decent card, but on paper prior to the event, it was pretty lackluster and I doubt the UFC did decent PPV numbers on this one.

The machida-weidman and MM-Ali PPVs are stacked though. And the match-making has improved. Sure there are still some head-scratchers but most makes sense.

UFC - Macau
Cung Le vs Bisping
Lombard vs Dong Kim

UFC - Sweden
Jon Jones vs Gustaffson

Cung vs Bisping and Lombard vs Dong Kim is a PPV? You might be the only one buying that one my friend....

Jones vs Gus in Sweden isn't gonna happen.

Back