UFC has hyper behind Conor but not faith

Ippwnage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes, you watched the show last night and heard conor's name more in 2 hours than you own name in your lifetime.
you have heard Dana hype him and his achievements and how popular conor is

the hype machine is in full effect

but, if the hype is true, then why does the UFC have no faith in conor

He is so famous...but he headlines a fight night???? not a PPV??? really? this is where the most famous MMA guys headline? fucking Ronda would not be relegated to this even.

next, his rush to a title shot. we all know he is not ready and is being rushed...but why? why not let him get more experience before fighting the best 145er of all time?
afraid he might lose?

if conor is so great, then why fight siver instead of a top 5 fw? afraid he might lose

THIS IS THE REALITY
UFC knows that conor will run his mouth and drum up interest in an aldo title ppv. they are rushing conor to this one huge pay day for the UFC

conor will get trounced and be another chael, a funny guy but no threat to get the belt.

so, all you conor fans, realize dana is using conor and will sacrifice him to the BBQ gods for one single big ppv number, in which he will get destroyed

notice, i did not mention the super early stoppage last night...well, except for right there.

truth hurts dot com

This thread is chalk full of stupid. Seriously, just overflowing with some of the stupidest shit I have ever seen on this forum.

Bravo.

TS...you care too much. The UFC is making the fight for ppv #s? No shit, that is all they care about.

op is correct but he wrote the post like a troll so nobody will take it seriously.

He won't be another Chael, he will be another Bisping

Even though Conor will lose this fight, I see him getting another shot at the title in about a year, similar to Gus

he's only fought on the main card of 3 fight cards, and he's been main even in two of those. i think they have plenty of faith in him.

mcgregor has hype behind him, but relatively little visible time in the cage to the masses to back that hype up, so they put him on a card that way more people were going to see than if he was on a ppv. ufc fight night events are perfect for this kind of showcasing

when all is said and done i don't think mcgregor could be disappointed with being "another chael" - a fan favourite with several top 10 wins making mega bucks doing what he loves

The fact that they gave him a trial run by headlining a Fight Night shows that they're learning their lesson. You can't have a guy that no one outside of hardcore fans has heard of headlining a PPV, especially with the types of fights Conor's been having.

I do think that they're rushing him to a title fight but you've gotta strike while the iron's hot. The kind of momentum they've started here with Lawler/Hendricks, continuing through UFC 182 and last night, means that going forward they're going to try and make all PPVs into big deals. If they can get the Featherweight title to a point where it's going to do a nice buyrate (and despite what Conor says, 0% chance it beats Jones/Cormier, unless it's the co-main under a bigger title fight), then they've done an amazing promotional job.

He won't be another Chael, he will be another Bisping

Even though Conor will lose this fight, I see him getting another shot at the title in about a year, similar to Gus

Yep, they left one non-wrestler (Swanson) in the top 10 for him to fight after he loses to Aldo so they can bounce him back for another shot.

they "left him in"? que?????

There is only one highly regarded fighter in the division that doesn't have a strong wrestling base that Conor hasn't fought. Conor did the bare minimum a resume could do to get the title shot. Now after he loses to Aldo he can fight another striker in Swanson to get a second chance at Aldo without ever having to fear an opponent shooting a decent takedown during his lengthy stay in the UFC.

There is only one highly regarded fighter in the division that doesn't have a strong wrestling base that Conor hasn't fought. Conor did the bare minimum a resume could do to get the title shot. Now after he loses to Aldo he can fight another striker in Swanson to get a second chance at Aldo without ever having to fear an opponent shooting a decent takedown during his lengthy stay in the UFC.

i get what you mean in terms of that being a natural choice for a rebound fight (especially given their back and forth recently) but i don't get you saying they "left him in" the top 10, as though his resume and talent doesn't earn him a place within the top 5 let alone the top 10

Yes, you watched the show last night and heard conor's name more in 2 hours than you own name in your lifetime.
you have heard Dana hype him and his achievements and how popular conor is

the hype machine is in full effect

but, if the hype is true, then why does the UFC have no faith in conor

He is so famous...but he headlines a fight night???? not a PPV??? really? this is where the most famous MMA guys headline? fucking Ronda would not be relegated to this even.

next, his rush to a title shot. we all know he is not ready and is being rushed...but why? why not let him get more experience before fighting the best 145er of all time?
afraid he might lose?

if conor is so great, then why fight siver instead of a top 5 fw? afraid he might lose

THIS IS THE REALITY
UFC knows that conor will run his mouth and drum up interest in an aldo title ppv. they are rushing conor to this one huge pay day for the UFC

conor will get trounced and be another chael, a funny guy but no threat to get the belt.

so, all you conor fans, realize dana is using conor and will sacrifice him to the BBQ gods for one single big ppv number, in which he will get destroyed

notice, i did not mention the super early stoppage last night...well, except for right there.

truth hurts dot com

every contender aldo has face has been "rushed", by your definition.

You're right the UFC is dumb. Get rid of their staff and hire you...Let me break it down to you. Free fights get more viewership from casual fans. Jose Aldo is relatively know but casual fans and now Conor has been exposed to people for free. They are setting up a big pay day by creating a title fight and gave him the perfect opponent to showcase his skills. Obviously Conor is making money for them or else they wouldn't give him such huge pay days. The UFC didn't go from rags to riches by making bad business decisions.

afraid he might lose to a top 5 ?

Who were they going to match him up with ?

Mendes? he had just lost to Aldo makes no sense
Frankie was fighting cub at the time
Poirer was top 5 when he beat him
Lamas?Had just lost to the champ and was booked to fight Bermudez

Its like people just cant comprehend timing.......

Anyways this is the first time Aldo will face a striker.

Be interesting to see how aldo reacts and defends against someone throwing the techniques connor throws.If connor will pick him apart on the outside.

i get what you mean in terms of that being a natural choice for a rebound fight (especially given their back and forth recently) but i don't get you saying they "left him in" the top 10, as though his resume and talent doesn't earn him a place within the top 5 let alone the top 10

"They left one non-wrestler in the top 10 that he has not fought" maybe I worded it poorly, but i'm not implying Cub isn't a top 10 guy, just that he is the only high level guy left that doesn't have a solid wrestling base to have a rebound fight with.

I'm willing to guess we see Cub get a very winnable fight in styles like Max Halloway for his next fight so he can put on a strong performance before having what I think will be a fun fight with Connor.

McGreggor is the GOAT. Like he said, people aren't him.

"They left one non-wrestler in the top 10 that he has not fought" maybe I worded it poorly, but i'm not implying Cub isn't a top 10 guy, just that he is the only high level guy left that doesn't have a solid wrestling base to have a rebound fight with.

I'm willing to guess we see Cub get a very winnable fight in styles like Max Halloway for his next fight so he can put on a strong performance before having what I think will be a fun fight with Connor.

yeah that sounds plausable, and whatever the motivation for those selections, swanson v holloway and swanson v mcgregor both sound like really fun fights so i'd be absolutely fine with that!

Anyways this is the first time Aldo will face a striker.

I remember one time when Aldo fought a guy that was primarily a striker....

totalprosportsdotcom_crop_340x234.jpg

I remember one time when Aldo fought a guy that was primarily a striker....

totalprosportsdotcom_crop_340x234.jpg

he may have been bloodied and swollen, but he managed to land over 100 head strikes and has a shorter reach and less power than mcgregor

can't take much from that fight to decide how this next one would go

Back