UFC has gone full WWE

Thank you all for the good responses. It's a fine line and obviously the casuals will eat it up but for how long? When you alienate your core audience and have these freakshows you will eventually end up with nothing. If there is no next jones and no next Ronda I really can't see it have staying power.

I get your concern but I think you're overreacting a bit when it comes to staying power.

it's always kinda an unpredictable cycle. They may lose three of their biggest stars in a year and then someone appears at the right time that fills the gap. Lightweight hasn't seen a star like BJ Penn despite competition being arguably better and having more ways of promotion like FOX. Featherweight never did well despite it's first UFC title fight being on a GSP card. Now with the momentum of 189....who knows what the limit is? Stars will just always appear randomly without rhyme or much reason. You never know where. They might lose Conor and Ronda in a month then some flyweight we've never heard of gets signed and has the charisma of GSP.

*I'm trying to get a Conor reebok kit for free, Dana. C'mon. Help me out. Please. I'm beggin ya. I'll buy Rondas book!

Back