UFC has gone full WWE

vancitymma

Green Belt
Reaction score
I really don't care if you agree with me or not, but the last card was atrocious. 189 was a pleasure to watch, but the lack of real talent is getting ridiculous, I watch to see the top fighters, not cans go at it. Everyone on the card was either past their prime, an amateur or a non contender. I was impressed with Cummins and Gadelha, that's it.

You can obviously counter my argument pretty easily, but lets call a spade a spade here, that wasn't professional grade.

edit:

I've never talked to so many displeased fans who train and buy ppv's every event, the consensus in real life is unanimous, I really don't care for the knights opinions.

The only reason that card had the up and comers (someone new to the sport isn't a can, that's a term for someone who is like 3-10 or 5-20, so get your lingo right before you make stupid statements.) was because there were Visa problems for what they thought would the the TUF Brazil finale. I do agree that they shouldn't have been so prominent, but there is a deal with the guys that the finale fights will be on a main card, and they knew if they put them first no one would tune in.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean fans don't want to see Legends go at it. Struve was past his prime? at 27? Aguilar was a fighter on a 10 fight win streak and held a championship in another division, sure i think some of her wins were bogus, but she's still a legit fighter.

Every card can't have 10 Champions and #1 contenders. But this card had stuff people, especially locals and longtime fans, wanted to see.

Guess you missed 189, or the several other awesome cards this year, boo hoo.

It wasn't a very dynamic card. Doesn't turn the UFC on its head though.

because going WWE makes money. being a legit sport doesn't.

and so you get things like WMMA which really shouldn't be in the UFC just yet, and people like Minotauro Nog who shouldnt be fighting anymore but coz theres a big chance of him getting KO'ed and the event being dramatic , they will let him keep fighting.

I eagerly await Wanderlei Silva's evidence. I have zero reason to believe him to be a liar.

I tend to agree but I still have warm fuzzy feelings left over from the Conor/Mendes card so I'll look the other way on this one.

I really don't care if you agree with me or not, but the last card was atrocious. 189 was a pleasure to watch, but the lack of real talent is getting ridiculous, I watch to see the top fighters, not cans go at it. Everyone on the card was either past their prime, an amateur or a non contender. I was impressed with Cummins and Gadelha, that's it.

You can obviously counter my argument pretty easily, but lets call a spade a spade here, that wasn't professional grade.

edit:

I've never talked to so many displeased fans who train and buy ppv's every event, the consensus in real life is unanimous, I really don't care for the knights opinions.

This PPV was bought by more people that rarely if ever purchase PPV's than those that buy almost every PPV card. So, this card was not for you. get over it. The UFC does not belong to those hardcore fans. Any fan, hardcore or casual can purchase any card they want. If you don't want to buy a PPV, then dont and STFU about it.

This card did very well.

because going WWE makes money. being a legit sport doesn't.

and so you get things like WMMA which really shouldn't be in the UFC just yet, and people like Minotauro Nog who shouldnt be fighting anymore but coz theres a big chance of him getting KO'ed and the event being dramatic , they will let him keep fighting.

I hear you loud and clear on that, but sometimes you need to sacrifice to money to keep it legitimate. The downside to real sports where outcomes are unknown.

This PPV was bought by more people that rarely if ever purchase PPV's than those that buy almost every PPV card. So, this card was not for you. get over it. The UFC does not belong to those hardcore fans. Any fan, hardcore or casual can purchase any card they want. If you don't want to buy a PPV, then dont and STFU about it.

This card did very well.

I'm not ranting about the numbers at all I'm sure it did well with the viral 34 second ko. What I'm concerned about is the longevity. What happens when they start losing those kos as completion rises? All those stars are there to rise Ronda's train. When she leaves it's back to zero.

I hear you loud and clear on that, but sometimes you need to sacrifice to money to keep it legitimate. The downside to real sports where outcomes are unknown.

you would think that they would considering that they want to make MMA a top sport and invest money even if it means losing, to then in the long term start making money, but Zuffa is greedy and has found that freakshow fights and little gimmicks here and there are making them quick big money, and now theyve had a taste, they keep wanting more.

-So you get over the hill guys still fighting.
-Ronda pounding on a crap division
-Conor Mcgregor and his antics parading around
-mismatches.

and the casual fans soak it up and love it..//

Last edited:
It's a tricky spot. The UFC may be big in the US, but where I live, everyone sees it as barbaric "cage-fighting" whilst they have no qualm with watching boxing (No KB, though).
They are alienating the fans they have in order to attract new fans, but I'm not seeing these new fans coming from anywhere. Do they continue to "Legitimise the sport"? Or do they just embrace the image it has been given by the media?

It's a tricky spot. The UFC may be big in the US, but where I live, everyone sees it as barbaric "cage-fighting" whilst they have no qualm with watching boxing (No KB, though).
They are alienating the fans they have in order to attract new fans, but I'm not seeing these new fans coming from anywhere. Do they continue to "Legitimise the sport"? Or do they just embrace the image it has been given by the media?

Thank you all for the good responses. It's a fine line and obviously the casuals will eat it up but for how long? When you alienate your core audience and have these freakshows you will eventually end up with nothing. If there is no next jones and no next Ronda I really can't see it have staying power.

Thank you all for the good responses. It's a fine line and obviously the casuals will eat it up but for how long? When you alienate your core audience and have these freakshows you will eventually end up with nothing. If there is no next jones and no next Ronda I really can't see it have staying power.

There was no "Next Chuck" Or "Next Franklin" but they showed up eventually.

You can look at trends, but you can't predict the future.

Look up propaganda because thats what the ufc is doing to us all. Ronda is so fake its unreal. Her smile at the weigh ins? Yea fake. I know there are plenty out there that can see through this and all the ufc's bs. Power is in the peoples hands like always. If enough want a change it will happen. Speak with your money and quit buying ppv's and ufc merch.

How does a legit sport go full fake entertainment?

Does NBA go full WWE too?

edit:

Nobody gives a shit what you want. Real fight fans appreciate fights. Because everyone you don't fucking care about who wins you end up buying into later anyway.

Quit your crying and start appreciating what you got because one day you may not have anything.

Nobody gives a shit what you want. Real fight fans appreciate fights. Because everyone you don't fucking care about who wins you end up buying into later anyway.

Quit your crying and start appreciating what you got because one day you may not have anything.
I'm not crying but if you want to watch b league entertainment go right ahead. I'll watch the badasses like Rory Mac, lawler, brown etc, but the garbage they're feeding us isn't cutting it.

I'm here to see the best. When I see a farce I'll call it and here we are. I'm not taking anything away from the old school they were legit warriors

not sure how this relates to WWE tbh

Back