UFC has completely lost its mind

Gotta give Sonnen credit for stepping up against "any man God has ever made".

I love his mindset, in and outside of the cage.

Chael sonnen does not deserve a title shot, if he somehow beat vitor. This is retarded, im ashamed. you know exactly what this means .. when anderson silva is back he will be given some can like chael to beat at either 205 or 185 and get an immediate title shot, and possible be the champion that easily with two wins.

anyway.. i love anderson silva i think he is the most spectacular fighter i have ever seen, and i consider him the goat.. but the ufc is making it to easy for these guys

People who don't understand this fight, don't understand the sport. Vitor is arguably the #1 brazilian in popularity right now, and is probably the best replacement for Wand. For the brazilians who respect Chael now, they still get to see him fight one of the best their homeland has to offer. For those who hate him, he is fighting someone who could possibly beat him savagely. Chael can draw a lot of hype to the fight because Vitor is a pretty easy mark as far as trash talk is concerned. Vitor benefits from the fight because it is a considerably easier fight than a rematch with Rockhold or Jacare, both looking like animals lately. All in all, I think they couldn't have found a better replacement for Wanderlei.

People who don't understand this fight, don't understand the sport. Vitor is arguably the #1 brazilian in popularity right now, and is probably the best replacement for Wand. For the brazilians who respect Chael now, they still get to see him fight one of the best their homeland has to offer. For those who hate him, he is fighting someone who could possibly beat him savagely. Chael can draw a lot of hype to the fight because Vitor is a pretty easy mark as far as trash talk is concerned. Vitor benefits from the fight because it is a considerably easier fight than a rematch with Rockhold or Jacare, both looking like animals lately. All in all, I think they couldn't have found a better replacement for Wanderlei.

I don't think anyone (with a brain) is questioning the awesomeness of this fight and the business it will draw (although it's going to be 3rd from the top). It's whether or not 2 guys fighting at 205 should be fighting for a shot at the 185 lb title. And I also don't think anyone could say with a straight face that Vitor or Chael wouldn't draw better than Rockhold, Kennedy or anyone else at MW this side of Michael Bisping.

just bad matchmaking or div is realy horrible lol but hey i wouldnt mind sonnen getting his ass kicked again

Aww how cute, someone who still believes what dana white says. Its adorable, really.

Zuffa did an entire TUF season without the fighters locked up to fight.

I think it's a good bet to say they had this back up plan before they started recording.

Back