UFC has a lot of stealing fighters to do.

I would still like to see some of those guys fight UFC guys tho, monopoly like? Yes, but thats the MMA business model, sadly.
Massive. Them UFC would even low-ball´em harder.

none of those guys would be top 5 in the UFC.

none of those guys would be top 5 in the UFC.
One of them holds the record for consecutive title defenses in the UFC, Lima has championship potential, Pitbull top 5 for sure, at least at FW.

tbh its better for those fighters and the other orgs if those fighters dont come to the ufc.

they will just come and get exposed. if they have their career outside of the ufc they will always have that sense of mystique about them for ever.

Pride conned the UFC.
The UFC conned the Fertitas
Then the Fertitas conned WME
The fighters got conned by everyone

At least the UFC started out pure. The founder, Rorion Gracie, was a fair and honest man, who never conned anyone.

Douglas Lima - Bellator WW Champ
Patricio Freire - Bellator FW/LW Champ
Rafael Lovato Jr. -Bellator MW Champ
Manel Kape - Rizin BW Champ
Tofiq Musayev - Rizin LW Champ
Roberto Soldic - KSW WW Champ
Thomas Narkun - KSW LHW Champ
Demetrious Johnson - ONE FW Champ
Dricus du Plessis - EFC MW Champ

UFC has a lot of stealings to do.... Throw some cash now Dana.
Of that list, only Lima (whose brother the UFC has) and Freire interest me.

Minakov, on the other hand...a boy can dream.

Great idea. A complete monopoly...

Actually, it's a good enough idea in terms of sports that US anti-trust law specifically exempts major league baseball. There's a lot of upside to having unified promotions in top tier sports. The problem is that within leagues you have enough opposing interests in terms of the various teams to give the athletes plenty of leverage, but in combat sports there aren't any inherent opposing interests at the ownership level, so the athletes have a lot less leverage compared to the NFL, NHL, etc.

One major MMA promotion with a robust fighter's association would probably be the best scenario, but it's unlikely to happen.

Actually, it's a good enough idea in terms of sports that US anti-trust law specifically exempts major league baseball. There's a lot of upside to having unified promotions in top tier sports. The problem is that within leagues you have enough opposing interests in terms of the various teams to give the athletes plenty of leverage, but in combat sports there aren't any inherent opposing interests at the ownership level, so the athletes have a lot less leverage compared to the NFL, NHL, etc.

One major MMA promotion with a robust fighter's association would probably be the best scenario, but it's unlikely to happen.
It´s potentially more complex than that.

Different Fight Configuration & Rule set can be meant for Different MMA Ideologies & Consumers.
The idea of a monopoly can mean the end of different MMA 'ideologies'.

Lovato would struggle against USADA.

Would like to see Magomed Magomedkerimov, Aung La Nsang, Gooch, Stamp. UFC just signed Jiri which was overdue.

The worldwide MMA scene is on a little bit of a slump recently. ONE's Muay Thai has been great.

Of that list, only Lima (whose brother the UFC has) and Freire interest me.

Minakov, on the other hand...a boy can dream.

Even if you think Minakov should've beat Kongo again, he looked like shit.

Against Kongo. Stipe would murk him. Hell, Bader probably will whenever they fight.

One of them holds the record for consecutive title defenses in the UFC, Lima has championship potential, Pitbull top 5 for sure, at least at FW.

If Lima wasnt in a division currently ruled by elite wrestlers, I'd agree with you. We've seen him controlled by lesser grapplers than Usman, Colby, and Tyron.

He could beat a lot of ranked guys but he wouldnt win the UFC belt.

Even if you think Minakov should've beat Kongo again, he looked like shit.

Against Kongo. Stipe would murk him. Hell, Bader probably will whenever they fight.
I largely agree. Minakov has been fighting for checks since he went to Russia. Will a UFC contract wake him up and wake the competitor?

Female I would add Angela Lee and Stamp Fairtex.

Ryan Bader should get some consideration as he left the UFC on a 2 KO win streak and has been undefeated since he left. Would be interesting to have him back as a HW.

Slight correction in your list, DJ is not the One Championship Flyweight champion. He did win their Flyweight grand prix, though.

Back