UFC Hall of Famer Chuck Liddell supports "good dude" Jon Jones.

Frank23

Enter Sandman Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
[YT]hIaoDOPpo_c[/YT]

As the man who made the UFC Light Heavyweight title a big deal in American sports, Chuck Liddell presumably has a pretty good handle on the kinds of temptations faced by the current champ Jon Jones. TMZ caught up with Liddell and got his comments on Jones in the aftermath of a positive test result for cocaine that sent Jones to rehab for one day.

"He's gonna be fine, trust me," Liddell told the world's leading tabloid. "He made a mistake. Give the guy a break."

Read more:http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/1...-liddell-supports-good-dude-jon-jones-cocaine

It's nice to see former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Chuck Liddell support Jon Jones. What is your reaction?

Chuck is a UFC employee, so naturally he'll be on the same page as Dana and brass. I've noticed even Fighter and the Kid podcast not touching the Jones topic and normally Schaub loves to talk about steroid controversies. Everyone is putting up a silent front about the topic it's hilarious.

Supposedly, Chuck was no stranger to partying in his heyday. It stands to reason that he wouldn't be overly critical of Jon.

2nbhtgp.jpg

You're telling me this man supports Jones for his coke habit?

2r4ho2e.gif

1zvwmyh.gif

Color me surprised.

Wouldn't really want chuck to have my back on this one. Anything else, sure.

Didnt Jones want to fight him and called him one dimensional

What message are we sending to people when we consider marijuana a violation of the UFC code of conduct and cocaine is not?

Here it comes. Chuck love cant compete with the hate for Jones. Nobody has ever had anything bad to say about Chuck for the most part. Watch that change in a hurry. It just shows how deep the hate runs for Jones. One might expect to see some "agree to disagrees" but that wont be good enough. Let the attacks on Chucks character begin...3...2....1....

Hahaha, if there's one guy who'd be OK with this, it's Chuck.

Taking the story at face value, it's counterintuitive for fighters to be taking any other position. Here's a guy who was given the wrong test, tested positive for a substance that wasn't banned at the time, had the commission tell the UFC instead of him, had the UFC not tell him right away, and then had the commission say the story was going to go public despite the fact it wasn't a banned substance. I don't know why fighters aren't more pissed about that.

There's a lot of talk about fighters needing a union. I think that if something like this went down in one of the "major" sports, the players' union would be going ballistic.

What message are we sending to people when we consider marijuana a violation of the UFC code of conduct and cocaine is not?

Money talks and poor people take the hit.

He's right. Jones made a mistake. Are all of you on Sherdog perfect or are perfect role models? None of us are, this is real life. Give Bones a break.

Back