UFC hall of fame

Wanderlei bj, and hendo should be in it

Wand? PRIDE HOF, sure; UFC HOF? He has 3 wins and 5 losses in the UFC. Those wins were over Keith Jardine, Bisping, and Cung Le. Sorry, Wanderlei is not a UFC HOF'er, not even close. And I'm no hater. I'd say Wanderlei is probably one of my all-time favorite fighters. If there were some non-partisan MMA HOF, he should definitely be in there. But as far as the UFC goes, he hasn't done anything special there.

My UFC HOF would consist of - the current UFC HOF list now (Tito, Chuck, Randy, Royce, Ken, Severn, Coleman) but I would take out Mask and I would include - Pat Miletich, Wanderlei Silva, Frank Shamrock, Vitor Belfort, Anderson Silva, BJ Penn, Oleg Taktarov, GSP and Big Nog.

-Frank Shamrock, the rest will inevitably be in, in the future anyway.

Wand? PRIDE HOF, sure; UFC HOF? He has 3 wins and 5 losses in the UFC. Those wins were over Keith Jardine, Bisping, and Cung Le. Sorry, Wanderlei is not a UFC HOF'er, not even close. And I'm no hater. I'd say Wanderlei is probably one of my all-time favorite fighters. If there were some non-partisan MMA HOF, he should definitely be in there. But as far as the UFC goes, he hasn't done anything special there.

There is no PRIDE Hall of Fame. The UFC purchased the promotion and then ceased operating it. I'd say if they ever want their HOF to have an ounce of credibility they should induct the great PRIDE fighters as well. You don't think Wanderlei Silva belongs in the hall? He's there fighter now and they own all the rights to his past glory, fights, championships and accomplishments. It would be a shame if they don't recognize those fighters in some way. At the very least they should have a PRIDE section to it

Who gives a fuck if Mask wasn't a fighter?! It's not like he took someones spot for cryin out loud! I think its awesome that hes in there if for no other reason it will help people remember UFC's roots and one of its earliest supporters that stood on its head for the UFC name.

Lauzon and Lytle do not deserve to be in the hall of fame. The hall of fame is usually reserved for the elite, the best of the best, not the most exciting good fighters.

This. At the very least they should have been Champion at least once. And for the PRIDE guys they should also be allowed into the HOF.

Frank Shamrock
Pat Miletich

Bas was only in the UFC for two fights but he deserves some sort of HoF for his accomplishments. I mean, no disrespect to Charles Lewis but he wasn't even a fighter.

Tim Sylvia deserves to be in there imo for his accomplishments, and either Marco Ruas or Oleg for the new skillsets they brought to the sport.

jeff blatnick.

Both good posts. Wouldn't be surprised if Blatnick goes in this year (if he isn't already - thought there was something earlier this year or last about it; I remember him showing up to an event for some reason).

There is no PRIDE Hall of Fame. The UFC purchased the promotion and then ceased operating it. I'd say if they ever want their HOF to have an ounce of credibility they should induct the great PRIDE fighters as well. You don't think Wanderlei Silva belongs in the hall? He's there fighter now and they own all the rights to his past glory, fights, championships and accomplishments. It would be a shame if they don't recognize those fighters in some way. At the very least they should have a PRIDE section to it

I think the idea of a PRIDE HOF is a good idea. There's no way Wand's post-PRIDE career deserves HOF status. Plus, what about guys like Cro Cop and Fedor? They certainly should be in a HOF, but it won't be a UFC one, since Cro Cop's UFC career was embarrassingly poor, and Fedor never even fought for them. But they're still deserving of some HOF. That leaves two options: a PRIDE HOF, or a super-organizational HOF for fighters from any and all organizations who deserve recognition.

Bottom line is you have to establish baseline criteria for entry to a UFC HOF. I'd say the obviously the first and foremost criterion is excellence within the UFC. Wand does not fit that category. 3 for 8 is terrible, sorry. You can't induct someone because of their pre-UFC career, unless you're also going to put guys like Cro Cop and Fedor in there, and we both know that's not going to happen.

With that said, War Wand, and I don't care if he loses every fight he's in from this day forward, he's still a legend.

I think the idea of a PRIDE HOF is a good idea. There's no way Wand's post-PRIDE career deserves HOF status. Plus, what about guys like Cro Cop and Fedor? They certainly should be in a HOF, but it won't be a UFC one, since Cro Cop's UFC career was embarrassingly poor, and Fedor never even fought for them. But they're still deserving of some HOF. That leaves two options: a PRIDE HOF, or a super-organizational HOF for fighters from any and all organizations who deserve recognition.

Bottom line is you have to establish baseline criteria for entry to a UFC HOF. I'd say the obviously the first and foremost criterion is excellence within the UFC. Wand does not fit that category. 3 for 8 is terrible, sorry. You can't induct someone because of their pre-UFC career, unless you're also going to put guys like Cro Cop and Fedor in there, and we both know that's not going to happen.

With that said, War Wand, and I don't care if he loses every fight he's in from this day forward, he's still a legend.

you make good points. I just wish they'd figure out a way to honor the legends of pride.

you make good points. I just wish they'd figure out a way to honor the legends of pride.

Me, too. And they should get that "Mask" guy out of the UFC HOF. Call me crazy, but if I was in charge of a sport's HOF, it'd contain only athletes. If you want to honor some guy who was helpful behind the scenes, name a building after him, or start a charity in his name.

Hall Of Fame Criteria
1) Elite Fighter - beat the best of his/her era, won a championship.
2) Elite Box Office Draw - headlined major shows and PPV's as the face of his/her promotion.
* A fighter who is a combination of the above two criteria would absolutely have to be in without question.
3) Impact/Contributions - MMA pioneer, promoter, booker, trainer, referee, announcer, etc.

MMA HALL OF FAME
Anderson Silva
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Bas Rutten
BJ Penn
Brock Lesnar
Bruce Buffer
Carlson Gracie
Chuck Liddell
Dan Henderson
Dan Severn
Dana White
Don Frye
Fedor Emelianenko
Frank Shamrock
Georges St. Pierre
Greg Jackson
Helio Gracie
Jeff Blatnick
Joe Rogan
Joe Silva
John McCarthy
Kazushi Sakuraba
Ken Shamrock
Kid Yamamoto
Lorenzo Fertitta
Marc Ratner
Mark Coleman
Masakatsu Funaki
Matt Hughes
Mauricio Rua
Mirko Cro Cop
Quinton Jackson
Randy Couture
Royce Gracie
Tito Ortiz
Urijah Faber
Wanderlei Silva

Worthy Of Debate: Bob Meyrowitz, Bob Sapp, Euclides Periera, Forrest Griffin, Frank Mir, Gina Carano, Herb Dean, Josh Barnett, Lenne Hardt, Miguel Torres, Pat Miletich, Rich Franklin, Rorion Gracie, Rumina Sato, Takanori Gomi, Tim Sylvia

Need More Time: Alistair Overeem, Benson Henderson, Cain Velasquez, Chael Sonnen, Dominick Cruz, Frankie Edgar, Jon Jones, Jose Aldo, Junior Dos Santos, Lyoto Machida, Rashad Evans, Ronda Rousey

No: Chris Lytle, Cris Cyborg, Jens Pulver, Kenny Florian, Nick Diaz, Stephan Bonnar, Vitor Belfort

* Being a lifelong mid-carder who happens to win a lot of bonuses does not make you a Hall Of Famer. Sorry, Chris. Sorry, J-Lau.
* Having a career of beating mid-carders but mostly losing to top guys does not make you a Hall Of Famer. Sorry, Vitor.
* The Hall Of Fame should be for the all-time greats, the elite... ONLY!
* I do not claim to be an expert and none of the above is set in stone. It is merely a suggestion of what an MMA Hall Of Fame might look like.

Last edited:
Back