UFC goes public

I never buy an IPO on it's first couple of days. Give this a few weeks and you'll get it below $20.
Yeah, it depends. I bought in at 24 and I've made around 70 bucks profit so far. I bought Roblox the first day and I'm 140+ in the green. Of course, if I'd waited and bought the dip I would have been better off. In the case of EDR though, there's so much room for upward growth I don't know that it will have the same sort of dip. Your approach is a wise one though.

In other news, Elon Musk is now on board, which is, I'd think, a good thing both for the stock's press and for the company itself.

I'm in. The amount I've spent going to see UFC and the amount of time I spend on MMA forums I guess I have to really.
There's only one way this stock is headed over the next decade, and that's through the roof. Frankly, buying at $40/share sounds like a steal.

There's only one way this stock is headed over the next decade, and that's through the roof. Frankly, buying at $40/share sounds like a steal.
I'm not even thinking about making money, I just think I should be a part of it. I think everyone here who's a regular should, just because it's neat being how much time we spend here.

Someone let me know when it gets below 20 and I will buy a few shares just for the hell of it. I have a feeling this stock may only go up though so I will probably regret not buying right away.

Yeah, it depends. I bought in at 24 and I've made around 70 bucks profit so far. I bought Roblox the first day and I'm 140+ in the green. Of course, if I'd waited and bought the dip I would have been better off. In the case of EDR though, there's so much room for upward growth I don't know that it will have the same sort of dip. Your approach is a wise one though.

In other news, Elon Musk is now on board, which is, I'd think, a good thing both for the stock's press and for the company itself.

Jessica Alba's The Honest Company goes public next Tuesday. For years I always wanted to buy their stock. They haven't been real profitable, but I'll be watching it and buy if the price is right (HNST).

Yeah, given their prominence, their ceiling and the relative price, I tend to agree with you.

Fuck sake, have to wait 2-3 days before Endeavor verify my bank details.

I got 2 shares at 24. Should've dropped 10k on it

I got 2 shares at 24. Should've dropped 10k on it
I honestly think at least some of the stock's success thus far is from the fact that people want to own stock in the UFC.
Jessica Alba's The Honest Company goes public next Tuesday. For years I always wanted to buy their stock. They haven't been real profitable, but I'll be watching it and buy if the price is right (HNST).
I'd actually never heard of it before, but tomorrow is their big day, I guess. What's their product? It sorta sounds like some kinda organic food, fair trade sorta thing.

Almost bought some IFL back in the day.

I honestly think at least some of the stock's success thus far is from the fact that people want to own stock in the UFC.

I'd actually never heard of it before, but tomorrow is their big day, I guess. What's their product? It sorta sounds like some kinda organic food, fair trade sorta thing.

Honest sells numerous chemical free products and organic items. They also have a beauty line. I didn't buy any because it's too over priced. I'll buy some if it drops to $15. I did but some UBER today since it dipped.

UFC parent Endeavor Group’s stock pops 10% to a post-IPO record
May 07, 2021 8:21 PM ETEndeavor Group Holdings, Inc. (EDR)By: Jerry Kronenberg, SA News Editor2 Comments
  • Hollywood powerhouse Endeavor Group (NYSE:EDR) soared more than 10% Friday to close at its highest level since going public last week.
  • EDR rose to as high as $32.40 before settling back to finish the session at a record $31.68. That represented a 10.2% gain on that day, as well as a 25.7% boost from where the stock closed after rallying on its first trading day a week ago Thursday.
  • Endeavor also ended the session 32% above its $24-a-share initial public offering price. The latest gains took Endeavor’s market capitalization to about $21.6B.
  • EDR owns a collection of top sports and entertainment properties, including the UFC mixed-martial arts league, the Miss Universe competition and the IMG talent agency (successor to the famous William Morris talent agency).
  • The company is run by Hollywood mogul Ari Emanuel, brother of former Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, while Tesla CEO Elon Musk serves on the company’s board.
  • Additionally, New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft's company, Dell Computer founder Michael Dell’s MSD Capital and other A-list investors recently signed on to a roughly $1.8B private placement.
  • Nonetheless, Seeking Alpha contributor David Trainer gives the stock a thumbs down, writing that “while going public is good for the company’s insiders, it’s not good for investors.”

Back