UFC goes public

Kforcer

Dragon Slayer
@Gold
Reaction score
...or rather, it's parent company, Endeavor Group, has gone public.

https://deadline.com/2021/04/endeavor-ipo-10-billion-24-a-share-ari-emanuel-1234746223/

Endeavor Group Holdings, home of UFC, WME and IMG, went public on Thursday with its listing on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol EDR. CEO Ari Emanuel was surrounded by Endeavor staffers as he rang the ceremonial bell to kick off the trading day. Endeavor priced its IPO at $24 with the goal of raising between $511 million to more than $550 million.

The company’s first test comes later today when trading activity begins in earnest for the newly listed stock. The $24 share price translates to a $10.6 billion valuation for the company. In early trading, shares shot up nearly 20% but settled down to around 7%-8% gain over the IPO price at around $26 at about 11:30 a.m. ET. It dipped below the $24 threshold briefly after noon ET but inched back in green territory shortly afterward.

how much is it trading for?
Debuted at 11 bucks, up to 25 right now. EDIT: I was wrong about the 11 dollar number. Don't know where I got it from. Probably from speed reading something.

Last edited:
God dammit, i looked yesterday and earlier. Had no clue it was endeavor.

Still waiting for my IFL stock to come back.
186px-International-fight-league.jpg

I enjoyed the sport but I don't think the company is a good investment.

They make stupid decisions like the espn plus deal. They're under constant pressure and criticism for not paying fighters enough, and if they give in then it will eat into your returns. PPV is a dying model. They build up fighters into stars and then lose them in money disputes. And fan interest is waning due to watered down cards.

There's not really much to like about them as an investment.

A sherbro in the heavies bought 1 share at 24 and said the price was going down lol.

They make stupid decisions like the espn plus deal. They're under constant pressure and criticism for not paying fighters enough, and if they give in then it will eat into your returns. PPV is a dying model. They build up fighters into stars and then lose them in money disputes. And fan interest is waning due to watered down cards.

The ESPN deal was great for them. Guaranteed revenue.

I don't know, Ariel Emmanuel seems to be a pretty dang successful. Isn't UFC viewership rising as basketball and football viewership wanes? And they have such ubiquity as a brand; their logo is seemingly everywhere. They're the most prominent company in the fastest growing sport. At 25 bucks a stock, there's tons of room for growth.

sounds volatile lol
So far, it's just been massive growth. Debuted at 11, already more than doubled. I'm sure there will be a sell-off soon, so we'll see where it goes from there. My guess, however, is that it's going to drop with the sell-off and then go right back to growing. There's hype on it, the press is touting it's day one returns and there's sure to be some level of public interest. So my take is that it's going to do well, though there may be an initial dip.

They dont disclose fighter pay in Fl right? If theyre ripping off their fighters, id expect the same thing as an investor

Back