News UFC Free Fight: Watch Ciryl Gane Beat Up A 6"6 HW

I mean compare this fight against Parysian vs Marquez. Night and day, almost difference between God and men.

This is a wierd fight. I got Gane, but wierd because Volkov loses to power, whether it's wrestling or striking. That's the way to beat Volkov for last 10 years. But that's not Gane's game, Gane's game is timing speed and distance and occasional grappling.

I think this is one of those fights where you favour the one guy in Gane, but you think the other guy has a great chance, better than some give him credit for.

In my opinion, Gane might be too elusive for Volkov, and I'm fairly sure Gane will be working for TDs, but Volkov, though he looked like CM Punk against Blaydes, he's not that bad of a grappler. He choked out Ivanov back in the day too, and that was forever ago.
I'm fairly sure Volkov is a better grappler too, but prob worse wrestler.

In my opinion, this isn't a good fight for Gane I think. He might win, but I think at least on paper, match up wise, this isn't a good match up.

We've never seen Volkov fight anybody resembling Gane. The HWs that he's beaten standing were one dimensional heat throwers that he had a height and reach advantage over, or they were shot (like Overeem/Struve).

We've never seen Volkov fight anybody resembling Gane. The HWs that he's beaten standing were one dimensional heat throwers that he had a height and reach advantage over, or they were shot (like Overeem/Struve).

I have Gane too. But I just think the recipe to beating Volkov for last 10 years or so isn't Gane's style. We wil see. I thought at first Gane by landslide, but more I think about it, Volkov can win this. The blueprint to beating Volkov is power whether grappling or striking, but I dare say power advantage will be on Volkov's side, speed advantage on Gane and can Gane outkick Volkov and outgrapple Volkov?

This is a wierd fight to me. Not sure if we ever had a fight like this. It really comes down to if Gane can make Volkov respect his power, and if Volkov can get through Gane's defense and movement. I dare say Volkov is a better grappler of the two as well, Gane better wrestler probably

It will be interesting to see how Gane fights when he's pushed to actually do something.

All his other fights he's been winning the exchanges, enough to think he's winning on the cards.

I want to see what he does if he isn't sure he's winning. Also not sure if Volvok will provide that though. At least his height and reach might make Gane fight a bit differently.

The craziest thing is that his opponent here was 27 years old. Dude looks (and moves) like a 60 year old. Tf..

I have Gane too. But I just think the recipe to beating Volkov for last 10 years or so isn't Gane's style. We wil see. I thought at first Gane by landslide, but more I think about it, Volkov can win this. The blueprint to beating Volkov is power whether grappling or striking, but I dare say power advantage will be on Volkov's side, speed advantage on Gane and can Gane outkick Volkov and outgrapple Volkov?

This is a wierd fight to me. Not sure if we ever had a fight like this. It really comes down to if Gane can make Volkov respect his power, and if Volkov can get through Gane's defense and movement. I dare say Volkov is a better grappler of the two as well, Gane better wrestler probably

Volkov has been knocked out one time in his last fifteen fights; by Derrick Lewis. His other three losses in those last fifteen fights were by decision. Not many fighters are beating Volkov, but those that did were beating him on the scorecard. I don't believe there's a blueprint to beating Volkov, but I also see his power as overrated. He knocked out Overeem and Walt Harris; that does not make him a knockout artist.

Volkov has been an inconsistent fighter throughout his career so its hard to definitively say what advantages he will have over Gane because it depends on which version of him shows up to fight.
I don't think either of these guys has one punch knockout power, but if one of them hurts the other of course they are capable of getting a TKO or KO on the follow up shots.

Gane has the technical advantage, faster, and a much better kicker; but none of that will mean much if Volkov fights him correctly. Gane does get tagged a lot, but he also has a very good chin. That chin though can be worn down if Volkov focuses on volume rather than big shots.

The biggest problem I see for Volkov is him being reluctanctant to get into a dirty fight in the pocket with Gane because if he fights him at kickboxing range it won't be competitive.

It will be interesting to see how Gane fights when he's pushed to actually do something.

All his other fights he's been winning the exchanges, enough to think he's winning on the cards.

I want to see what he does if he isn't sure he's winning. Also not sure if Volvok will provide that though. At least his height and reach might make Gane fight a bit differently.

Gane has been pushed before, during his brief though very accomplished kickboxing career he fought the #1 ranked Super HW Muy Thai fighter. He beat him, but it came down to the final round. And the guy is still a very good fighter, 89 KOs, with Gane being his only loss in his last fourteen fights.

The craziest thing is that his opponent here was 27 years old. Dude looks (and moves) like a 60 year old. Tf..

You must be a very new fan, because the majority of unranked HWs would be rolling over on the floor begging for a paramedic if they were forced to keep the pace Don'Tale was fighting at over those three rounds.

[
This is Cyril Ganes most violent fight, .
In the UFC. But his 2 most violent MMA fights are in TKO, against Dyzcka and Souza. The Dyzcka fight is 10min of brutal one sided beating, definitely worth watching. I jumped on the Gane train after that one.
Souza was a can, a tough one though.

Gane vs Dyzcka

Gane vs Souza (sorry, Robin Black is commenting)

I mean compare this fight against Parysian vs Marquez. Night and day, almost difference between God and men.
Exactly. I think I watched that card and there was Pessoa vs Hughes that same night. The difference was shocking.

Back