UFC Free Fight: Dos Santos vs Velasquez II

Pardon me if it's a repost:

[YT]pZgyYhSGSpU[/YT]

Couple of things:

Junior had great TDD when he was still fresh; Cain seemed to really telegraph his shots. But as he wore Junior down, he was able to get him. Junior looked terrible on the ground. Also the fight was very close to being stopped with about a minute left in the first. But with two HWs, I can't help but think that winning will come down to who lands first.

Jesus rogan get off cains dick

Jds is never going to be able to stick and move more than a round and Cain's not going to be able to stand and bang.

Either JDS catchs him early or its another 5 round beatdown.

Pardon me if it's a repost:

[YT]pZgyYhSGSpU[/YT]

Couple of things:

Junior had great TDD when he was still fresh; Cain seemed to really telegraph his shots. But as he wore Junior down, he was able to get him. Junior looked terrible on the ground. Also the fight was very close to being stopped with about a minute left in the first. But with two HWs, I can't help but think that winning will come down to who lands first.

Thanks!

Man, if Cain had a little better fight IQ he could have went for the finish easy in the 1st round and not blown all of his energy in case he did. He went for positional wrestling instead.

I can't believe Cain couldn't finish JDS! JDS looked so out of it during the fight after that hard punch cain threw in the first round

Junior is gonna put that brown pride representin' fat boy to sleep.

This is the first time I saw this fight. JDS gassed after 90 seconds. There was definitely something wrong with him.

Last edited:
JDS overtrained for that fight according to Primetime. All of his muscles shut down, which could have been potentially fatal. In no way, shape or form am I taking anything a way from Cain's performance, he did his job and he did it great. But JDS, as you can see by watching the fight, was doing so well at the beginning, stuffing every single takedown from Cain, which Cain obviously was getting frustrated. I think his overtraining cost him the fight personally, not losing to a 'better' athlete as most people say.

This fight is going to answer all the questions in my opinion, may the best man win.

I don't get why everybody is saying that the right hand from Cain changed everything in that first round. That's what I thought from the first time I watched it but my perspective has completely changed. From a boxing perspective Junior was losing handily even before that punch. Junior was only barely able to establish a jab and had nothing else going for him. Cain's jab was even landing more. The only thing that looked good was his TDD.

Just in a little over 20 sec. from 6:30 to 6:52 Cain from his combo punching was able to land a hard right, two left hooks, and finally the 1-2 that dropped Junior. That's me only including the hard head shots. His face was even starting to look bad before the right hand, Rogan even commented on it.

I watched the fight earlier today......cant wait till Sat. Although.....those last 2 rounds (4th and 5th) were a lot closer then people seem to remember. Junior was really roughed up in rounds 2 and 3....but got back in the fight in 4 and 5 and did well.

Jds is never going to be able to stick and move more than a round and Cain's not going to be able to stand and bang.

It all depends on JDS cardio in the later rounds.....he seemed out of it up until round 4 where he seemed to get a second wind and looked ok out there. If his cardio his better he can land those uppercuts and rights like he did towards the end of the fight. He has to defend the takedown and fire away and he should be fine *if* he gets into a good rythym of sprwaling and striking.

Dude while rewatching this i realised BOY does Cain punches hurt or what? 2 minutes in and Dos Santos face is already swollen up. The fuck.....

Dude while rewatching this i realised BOY does Cain punches hurt or what? 2 minutes in and Dos Santos face is already swollen up. The fuck.....

yep. so many JDS fanboys seem to be missing this. JDS was getting outstruck before the big punch.

I don't get why everybody is saying that the right hand from Cain changed everything in that first round. That's what I thought from the first time I watched it but my perspective has completely changed. From a boxing perspective Junior was losing handily even before that punch. Junior was only barely able to establish a jab and had nothing else going for him. Cain's jab was even landing more. The only thing that looked good was his TDD.

Just in a little over 20 sec. from 6:30 to 6:52 Cain from his combo punching was able to land a hard right, two left hooks, and finally the 1-2 that dropped Junior. That's me only including the hard head shots. His face was even starting to look bad before the right hand, Rogan even commented on it.

wow, somebody else who actually knows a little about striking and watched the fight. Kudos sir. The big punch looked pretty inevitable the way things were going. Cain was finding his range and peppering JDS every exchange. JDS was moving backwards and started to looked tired, face swelling and had his hands low. You could feel a big shot coming and then it did.

rewatch that first round. Thats the reason why Cain will always be able to stand and bang with anyone. He goes for the td twice or even three times then u are fucked u can't see those punches coming, always so worried about defending the td.
Cain completely outstrikes JDS.
The only way i see JDS outstriking Velazquez is if he just goes in with a 'fuck it' mentallity and doesnt worry about the takedowns since he knows he can get back up.

What happened at 2 mins in the first fight??? If your thinking Cains punches hurt what do you think of Junior that put Cains lights out???

What happened at 2 mins in the first fight??? If your thinking Cains punches hurt what do you think of Junior that put Cains lights out???

Don't feed the trolls.
By their logic: Being Zombie Mode but keep fighting > Needing a referee to intervene.

wow, somebody else who actually knows a little about striking and watched the fight. Kudos sir. The big punch looked pretty inevitable the way things were going. Cain was finding his range and peppering JDS every exchange. JDS was moving backwards and started to looked tired, face swelling and had his hands low. You could feel a big shot coming and then it did.

lol yeah man. JDS was definitely looking off and Cain was building more and more momentum. Makes me tempted to put some money down on Cain possibly lol.

This is the first time I saw this fight. JDS gassed after 90 seconds. There was definitely something wrong with him.

And yet he still looked fresher than Cain in 5th round.

Back