UFC Fox 27 - Jacare vs Brunson II - Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you watched Borella's fights? She looks like she has improved a bit the last year but man i really think the Faria fight is some weird anomaly which means we are getting a solid line here.

I do t think it’s an anomaly. She did basically the exact same thing the previous fight against the dud

Her top game is pretty solid. She’s got strength. She can wrestle. She can get body lock takedowns.

I like chook and all but it’s typically dog or pass on low level wmma.

I do t think it’s an anomaly. She did basically the exact same thing the previous fight against the dud

Her top game is pretty solid. She’s got strength. She can wrestle. She can get body lock takedowns.

Agreed top game is pretty solid. Dud is terrible and stuffed her td effort in r1 but brain farted and went for a standing guillotine. Dud also initiated the clinch in r2 which lead to the td Chook is going to keep at range. Faria punched her way immediately into the pocket which led to the bodylock td Chook will not do this.

Hrmmm can't hate +1025 at all heh. Just have a hard time seeing him go 25..

That said.. I'm probably stabbing at that, too!

Haha yea, I don't love it at all but I think it's more likely than the line suggests. Fun fact: of Brunson's 23 career fights, 22 of them have either ended in round 1 or gone to decision. The only exception was the Romero fight. He's never gone 5 rounds though.

Not going big on Chook i am worried if she does get taken down the rounds done.

Dud is terrible when she is put on her back. The worst. If I remember that faria wasn't good there either , gave up mount real easy. 0 resistance from either once put on there back

Dud is terrible when she is put on her back. The worst. If I remember that faria wasn't good there either , gave up mount real easy. 0 resistance from either once put on there back

Agreed but if Chook isn't against the fence she's a bit of a turtle off her back. If she had good get up ability this would be a 4 unit play for me. Instead I'm prob going half a unit.

i was remembering george sullivan as the guy who got starched by patrick cote then figured out it was ben saunders. man those guys look similar.

Borella had 10 fights in a year and half when she got stopped three times in a row.

That’s crazy

And this is how her pro fight career started in 2014

Last edited:
gonna play kim ko @9.5 aswell. kim can crack and kish hittable so think there's value.

Let's be real Brunson has faults but if i remember the Yoel fight right his tdd is elite and his timing and power is something to behold with that left.

I like chook at anything better than -180, I’m not a dog or pass kinda guy with wmma and Brunson is really interesting at + odds.

Also interested in Fili at + odds vs the Berm

Let’s not all forget brunsons performance vs Silva and the habit he has of blocking punches with his chin

Let's be real Brunson has faults but if i remember the Yoel fight right his tdd is elite and his timing and power is something to behold with that left.

Did Yoel go for takedowns in that fight? I haven't watched it forever. I thought Brunson was doing really good with his offensive takedowns, but I don't really remember Romero going for his own.

Did Yoel go for takedowns in that fight? I haven't watched it forever. I thought Brunson was doing really good with his offensive takedowns, but I don't really remember Romero going for his own.

I just rewatched the fight. Romero tried to take him down at least 3 or 4 times. He almost got 1, but Brunson was able to explode, get back up and then hurt Romero.

Let’s not all forget brunsons performance vs Silva and the habit he has of blocking punches with his chin

I actually think Silva might be a tougher fight for him. And he did win that fight

The stance Brunson employs when striking makes him very hard to take down IMO

I actually think Silva might be a tougher fight for him. And he did win that fight
I thought he won a close decision myself

But it should’ve been more decisive. Maybe it’s the spider factor-him being a legend getting into brunsons Head

I’m sitting here waiting hoping brunsons line gets a bit higher. Usually the trend with jacare is that people hammer his line no matter what the juice is

Hoping it doesn’t go the other way

I hit Souza’s opener small at -150, .7 unit

I’m gonna watch some tape before I fully back brunson. I may just play his ko line

Hit his dec line for two units

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back