UFC Fox 24 PBP/Discussion

not saying ths to be a dick but you should never ever bet that much of your bankroll on one night if you want to make profit long term

You're not being a dick. I value the advice and opinions of almost everyone on this forum. I'm still very new at this but I very much enjoy the process and the interactions on here.

I started doing this as a hobby for something to do in my free time. My first event was UFC 208 on February 11th. Started with $200 dollars as my entire bankroll. After 3 events (UFC 208, Fight Night 105, and UFC 209) I had it up to $1398. With that small of an amount to start with, it's difficult to make it worth the time spent researching and capping without using most/all of it.

Tonight was just a perfect storm where nothing I picked went my way. I will learn from it and be a better capper going forward. I still have more than what I started with, so all is not lost.

Had a killer night: here's a couple hits. Gotta start studying for UFC Nashville

Great job! Yeah you took my spot on CT you bastard LOL did you play Bellator or something? I was number one on the leaderboard and then I looked and you were. But there were no events besides Bellator and I didn't play it. We are both smashing the competition though!

Attachments

• IMG_1168.JPG
    IMG_1168.JPG
    336.9 KB · Views: 23
Down about 2,800 USD which is 3/4 of my roll. Prolly withdraw my balance and take a hiatus. This shit is stressing me out.

That is some nice work. But he probably has 9 other screenshots of all the times those parlays missed by 1 leg and cost him fucking thousands.

Right about that but not doing so bad considering.....im up overall this year. If only we thug rose waited till the end of the 3rd to do what she did. Oh well. On to the next event

IMG_0213.PNG

Down 1k tonight thanks to the stephens fight.... sick parlays that would have hit if not for that one fight!

Ill take it like a man, learn, and move forward from here.

Big thumbs up to the guys who were on whittaker, that shit is impressive... I am amateur level smh

up £606 tonight, pretty good by my standards. sorry if you got buried, was a pretty tricky card.
According to official bets -thread we were the only two to have money on Moicano. I managed to double my bet live at pretty good odds still after it became clear, that Moicano had done his homework.

Lost $3000 last week on greed and Rumble. Up $3400 this week.

Next card looks a tough one to bet on.

HOWEVER UFC2011 looks amazing to win some cash. I think i am going to start trying to only bet on four fights on each card and choose a favourite bet of the four....

Down about 2,800 USD which is 3/4 of my roll. Prolly withdraw my balance and take a hiatus. This shit is stressing me out.

Weather the storm pal. I feel your pain. Do what you've got to do to come back strong.

Lost $3000 last week on greed and Rumble. Up $3400 this week.

Next card looks a tough one to bet on.

HOWEVER UFC2011 looks amazing to win some cash. I think i am going to start trying to only bet on four fights on each card and choose a favourite bet of the four....

I was actually thinking about using that method as well. It was one of the bullet points I wrote down after the last fight ended and I was taking notes.

you must be fun at parties =/
Had a bad couple of weeks. I staring betting on tennis during that long wait for UFC 210 and I found out the hard way that top level women's tennis is almost completely unpredictable and makes betting on MMA look like a safe investment by comparison.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Not having live betting has cost me a lot of wins and possible hedges. The current book I use also seems to have worse odds than others and is extremely slow at putting them out. Sometimes its a day or two after others come out.

Exact same with me. Mine didn't put them out until Thursday night for this card. Only stick with it because it's a real-life book so payouts are super convenient and there isn't a fee. But honestly I'm just costing myself money long term

Just started doing proper research on my picks and writing up breakdowns of each fight for myself before I made my picks. Used a lot of the discussion from this forum to make my picks and help with my research. I went 1W-4L with the Fight Pass prelims, but ended up picking every fight on the Televised Prelims & Main Card correctly for an 8-fight H2H multi, paying about $45 per $1 you put down, had a $5er on it and that really sorted me out. CRAZY night, the Stephens/Carneiro stupid split decision scared me for a second.

I won about 2,3U prebets and about the same on live betting. Feels ok. Stephens cost me, but I really shouldn't have bet 2U on Nelson, but happy with my Whittaker and Rose bets even if I should have added more on arose since I KNEW this would happen.

I also have a longtime play on Rose getting a title shot in 2017 [email protected], and if JJ wins on 211 I totally see it hitting.

You guys winning around 8-10 and more units, how many units do you bet for a event like this? I had 9U prebets, so you do big parlays or just more bets? I feel my return is small compared to many of you, but still my ROI is 116% over 600 bets.

Back