UFC Fox 21 pbp/discussion

Guess I'm the rare person who wasn't surprised Bochniak won. Barzola missed a lot and had a lot blocked. Bochniak landed the cleanest strikes of the fight for sure and had the big end to round 1

Guess I'm the rare person who wasn't surprised Bochniak won. Barzola missed a lot and had a lot blocked. Bochniak landed the cleanest strikes of the fight for sure and had the big end to round 1
I wasn't surprised by the decision either, and that's not a good thing.

Totally disagree about Boch landing the cleaner strikes. He threw more but missed almost everything. The shots that did land tended to hit only gloves.

Just watched Miller/Lauzon 2 for the first time. The decision wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was gonna be. The first was clear for him, and you could easily make an argument that he won the second imo. He was cruising in the striking, doing way more damage, then got taken down off a kick (his balance seemed very stiff) and took a few short elbows... but he did work a decent rubber guard position and landed a really hard elbow from it. If you value distance strikes more than top position/control you could give him that one.

The third you have to give to Lauzon, despite the beginning. I'm not sure what's wrong with Miller's get-ups. I guess he relied too much on subs early in his career.

I'm really surprised about those media scores.

Just watched Miller/Lauzon 2 for the first time. The decision wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was gonna be. The first was clear for him, and you could easily make an argument that he won the second imo. He was cruising in the striking, doing way more damage, then got taken down off a kick (his balance seemed very stiff) and took a few short elbows... but he did work a decent rubber guard position and landed a really hard elbow from it. If you value distance strikes more than top position/control you could give him that one.

The third you have to give to Lauzon, despite the beginning. I'm not sure what's wrong with Miller's get-ups. I guess he relied too much on subs early in his career.

I'm really surprised about those media scores.
Yeah man, that's how I saw it as well. I think it's weird that you should win a round just cause you took someone down and held him there when the other guy was kicking your ass the rest of the round.

Back