UFC FN 171 PBP/Discussion

i can't believe this fight was more painful to watch than tony/gaethje. i literally feel dirty right now.

Why does Glover have shitty fight IQ? It lasted a bit longer because he took Smith down but he still was dominating and got the stoppage
Glover could have pulled guard and worked leg locks and would have still got the W after round 3.

I think Glover was gassing throwing uncontested offense made the fight last way longer. He could have finished it with a flurry in so many spots.

also ref could have stopped it a few times. Corner def should have

The Glover punch to Smith's nuts in round 2 completely changed the momentum of the fight
hmm i think smith throwing 987 strikes in the first round might have been worse. It seemed he enjoyed to have a little rest to be honest, and also he was eyepoking Glover all the time, he definitely deserved a kick in the balls for that.

Smith's corner is insane. 10 minutes atraight of screaming directions.

Anthony has to fight smarter. Filter out the coaching. Know your body.

And when you do get told to stop exerting too much energy - listen.

Yes, he's too tough for his own good. He kept going out there, but he was a wounded animal. He wouldn't sit for his coaches/look them in the eye. His body was giving out.

Tough match. Those coaches didn't mean to fail him, but certainly didn't consider the pace they were setting.

The Glover punch to Smith's nuts in round 2 completely changed the momentum of the fight

Stop it. Glover was already trapping Smith more and more against the cage and had already landed several big hooks and uppercuts by that point. Nevermind how much Smith was relying on stretching out his arms and eyepoking his opponent.

Jason Herzog smelled like Marlboro gold shorts and Dewers.

The question is, why doesn't he have better taste in whisky?

To be fair smith was looking really good until it got bad. lol
Eyepoking fucker who blew himself up after one round. I did feel sorry for him though. What happened there was a real tragedy, he might never be the same. That ref is just heartless, as was the corner.

"My teeth are falling out"

Corners response: "Breatheeeee just breatheeeee"

Wasn't this the same corner that sent out Thomas Gifford to die vs Mike Davis... Shameful

To be fair about the stoppage every time Smith turtled Glover would carefully pepper him with shots. He just needed throw a series of punches. Even if they were blocked soft punches, any ref would stop it 100% of the time as long as a fighter's rocked and turtled.

Last edited:
Yeah I foolishly bet against Glover, knew I should have hedged at least. Smith has always had bad cardio and strike defense. Guess I was hoping Glover would show up old. I wouldn't have been mad if they stopped the fight sooner though.

Things are so weird without an audience

Last edited:
That the final fight was brutal to watch with my family.

"Where is the ref?!
"The fighter is bleeding on the floor!"

Glover fought well. Smith was clearly gassing out in the second round and took quite heavy shots i do hope Smith will have a speedy recovery, i dont think Smith will be able to fight for a while now. Those were quite the heavy blows from Glover.

I was disappointed with the Canadian who fought agaisnt Banks. and yeah Banks did well.

Last edited:
Parlay: Morales decision, Arlovski decision, Borg no scorecards, Dober ITD (+12452)
giphy.gif

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36 units from Dober ITD, and 3 units from Dober ML -110. I also noticed I have a couple of round robin parlays for a few more units (1 was busted cuz Vettori didn't fight).

Around 43 units of total profit from Dober winning and winning ITD.
giphy.gif

When u wake up at 4 am just to lose bunch of money lol

Man Glover fucked him up. Guess Smith was right about his teeth being loose.

Back