UFC FN 138 PBP/Discussion

PuertoRican

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
qy6wFL3.jpg

Main Card (Fox Sports 1)

Volkan Oezdemir (15-2) vs. Anthony Smith (30-13) (Light Heavyweight)
Michael Johnson (18-13) vs. Artem Lobov (13-14-1) (Featherweight)
Misha Cirkunov (13-4) vs. Patrick Cummins (10-5) (Light Heavyweight)
Andre Soukhamthath (12-6) vs. Jonathan Martinez (9-1) (Bantamweight)
Gian Villante (16-10) vs. Ed Herman (23-13) (Light Heavyweight)
Alex Garcia (15-5) vs. Court McGee (18-7) (Welterweight)

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)

Nordine Taleb (14-5) vs. Sean Strickland (19-13) (Welterweight)
Thibault Gouti (12-4) vs. Nasrat Haqparast (9-2) (Lightweight)
Calvin Kattar (18-3) vs. Chris Fishgold (17-1-1) (Featherweight)
Sarah Moras (5-3) vs. Talita Bernardo (5-3) (Women's Bantamweight)

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)

Te'Jovan Edwards (6-1) vs. Don Madge (7-3-1) (Lightweight)
Arjan Bhullar (7-1) vs. Marcelo Golm (6-1) (Heavyweight)
Stevie Ray (21-8) vs. Jessin Ayari (16-4) (Lightweight)

Other

- Zubaira Tukhugov was scheduled to face Artem Lobov at the event. However, Tukhugov was removed from the fight due his role in the UFC 229 post-fight melee. Tukhugov was replaced by Michael Johnson on October 15.
- Gavin Tucker was scheduled to face Andre Soukhamthath at the event. However, Tucker pulled out of the fight in early October citing an undisclosed injury and was replaced by promotional newcomer Jonathan Martinez on October 10.

Small play on Ayari to start the night. Stevie Ray has regressed in recent fights imo. I like him as a prosect / improving fighter coming into the Pearson fight, and he got the W there, but has since put on worse and worse performances.

Good luck everyone, this 2 week break even got me excited for this underwhelimg card

On Ayari first. Soukhamthath is the only favorite I've bet tonight

I think this will be a close decision. Not sure which way tho

This is not how I expected the first round to look, thought the roles would be reversed.

Ayari has landed some clean counters

Those legkicks from Ray might be some of the weakest I've seen

maybe biased, but I think Ayari may have edged the first. Less content because of Ray's leg kicks, but had noteable attacks and counters that looked to land and was advancing the whole time.

maybe biased, but I think Ayari may have edged the first. Less content because of Ray's leg kicks, but had noteable attacks and counters that looked to land and was advancing the whole time.
I agree with the first. However the second I think Ray got. If Ayari fought the first half of the rounds as he does the second half he would win this

Commentators are making it sound like Ayari 2-0

Ayari ran away whole time in his last fight but got the decision. Ray is clearly landing more sig strikes idk what fight are you watching

Missed the middle of that round. Mostly saw Ray landing single leg strikes. Seems like he could be easily winning these rounds had he found a way to mix in a strike or two with those.

Back