UFC Finish Rates, Knockout & Submission Stats (2013-2018)

4dLNPMv.jpg

l3MohVh.jpg

vqFPfC9.jpg

aHoRCJt.jpg

j1p3A8s.jpg

FyfvvwG.jpg

Thank You!

Would be interesting to see KO & TKO separated
I think you'd really see the heavier divisions pull-away

I recorded all the stats myself, every fight, from 2013-2018, and it was extremely time consuming.

I imagine that ten minute first round would skew their finish rate quite a bit.

When a fighter taps to strikes, it's counted as a submission loss via strikes.
true, but the dudes were better grapplers too imo, and submission attempts were truly rewarded there...

Did you compile these stats TS? If so bravo sir you are a giant amongst men.

Great work man, very interesting. How did you muster up that much free time and still pay bills?

Thanks for the post TS. Really interesting. Must have taken you ages, much appreciated.

I am now your biggest fan TS. There is hope for Sherdog!

Thank You!
Thanks for the post TS. Really interesting. Must have taken you ages, much appreciated.
I am now your biggest fan TS. There is hope for Sherdog!
You're welcome ;).

Would be interesting to see KO & TKO separated
I think you'd really see the heavier divisions pull-away
KO/TKO is decided at the discretion of the referee, and I'd rather not introduce something so arbitrary into statistics.

true, but the dudes were better grapplers too imo, and submission attempts were truly rewarded there...
Pride also had knees to a grounded opponent and foot stomps.

Did you compile these stats TS? If so bravo sir you are a giant amongst men.
Yes, and thanks.

Great work man, very interesting. How did you muster up that much free time and still pay bills?
I had an entire year to work on it.
[<dunn]

I recorded all the stats myself, every fight, from 2013-2018, and it was extremely time consuming.

I imagine that ten minute first round would skew their finish rate quite a bit.

When a fighter taps to strikes, it's counted as a submission loss via strikes.
It was a joke.

Added a graph to illustrate the difference in number of fights per division.

T0aCQ9i.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome stuff, TS.

Thanks.

Who had a slam KO last year?

I think this is it. Go to around 4:27 on the time clock and about 35 secs into the video. I don't know how to timestamp these types of videos.

Gabriel Benitez slams Humberto Bandenay

edit: I am pretty damned sure I made your avatar BTW. these were both on my hard drive.

ronda-bloody-face.png
9qNDjpw.png

This one is probably a finish by punches, but I thought the "self slam" was worth a view.

edit: I had the fighters names wrong. This is Jarred Brooks' self slam vs Jose Torres,

Last edited:
edit: I am pretty damned sure I made your avatar BTW. these were both on my hard drive.

ronda-bloody-face.png
9qNDjpw.png

This one is probably a finish by punches, but I thought the "self slam" was worth a view.

Jimmie Rivera defeats Marlon Moraes UFC Fight Night: Rivera vs. Moraes June 1, 2018

tenor.gif

Awesome stuff, TS.

Thanks.
You're welcome ;).

I think this is it. Go to around 4:27 on the time clock and about 35 secs into the video. I don't know how to timestamp these types of videos.

Gabriel Benitez slams Humberto Bandenay

Great find, but I would've put that knockout under the combination category (since it was called both a slam and punches knockout).

Jarred Brooks knocked himself out against Jose Torres.

Back