UFC Finish Rates, Knockout & Submission Stats (2013-2018)

acannxr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
4dLNPMv.jpg

l3MohVh.jpg

vqFPfC9.jpg

aHoRCJt.jpg

j1p3A8s.jpg

FyfvvwG.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:
2017 people were getting kneed and elbowed more than ever. i thought this year there was heaps of body shot tkos. theres no stat for that though

2017 people were getting kneed and elbowed more than ever. i thought this year there was heaps of body shot tkos. theres no stat for that though
If someone got finished with both a knee and elbow, that knockout was listed under "combination", and if someone got finished with say a body punch, that knockout was listed under "punch(es)".

Off the top of my head, I think there was around three or four finishes from a body shot.

If someone got finished with both a knee and elbow, that knockout was listed under "combination", and if someone got finished with say a body punch, that knockout was listed under "punch(es)".

Off the top of my head, I think there was around three or four finishes from a body shot.
Really, so low?

do you count the stats personally all year?

Some div. seem historically 'weaker' in submissions...

Meanwhile, would have to check the evolution, but seems that Pride had a 68% Finish Rate/ 21.5 % Sub Rate in 2003 for instance...

Last edited:
I've never heard of a submission called "strikes". What does it look like?

HW, LHW WBW and WFW are all abysmal.

MW has an excellent top 10, but the rest of the division is sparse.

Very interesting stats. TS do you count the stats yourself or you get this from some site?

Interestingly I heard earlier on an MMA show that PFL season 1 had a 78% finish rate which is incredible

Real cool, thanks for that. Interesting to see the HW finish rate when down drastically in 2018 & was even lower than LHW & MW..... Must be lacking pictograms

do you count the stats personally all year?
Very interesting stats. TS do you count the stats yourself or you get this from some site?
I recorded all the stats myself, every fight, from 2013-2018, and it was extremely time consuming.

Some div. seem historically 'weaker' in submissions...

Meanwhile, would have to check the evolution, but seems that Pride had a 68% Finish Rate/ 21.5 % Sub Rate in 2003 for instance...
I imagine that ten minute first round would skew their finish rate quite a bit.

I've never heard of a submission called "strikes". What does it look like?
When a fighter taps to strikes, it's counted as a submission loss via strikes.

I recorded all the stats myself, every fight, from 2013-2018, and it was extremely time consuming.

I imagine that ten minute first round would skew their finish rate quite a bit.

When a fighter taps to strikes, it's counted as a submission loss via strikes.
<SelenaWow>

Back