UFC fines Jon Jones $25,000 after positive test

LikeItIs

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I'm sure this was posted already but I can't be bothered to go digging through 6 millions posts after an event to find it.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ufc-fines-jon-jones-25-000-after-testing-positive-for-cocaine-011715?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:ufconfox

Light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has been fined $25,000 from the UFC after he tested positive for metabolites found in cocaine just one month prior to his fight against Daniel Cormier at UFC 182.

The positive test violates the UFC athlete code of conduct policy, which can punish any fighter for behavior considered detrimental to the promotion.
Jones tested positive for cocaine in an pre-fight drug test administered by the Nevada State Athletic Commission on Dec. 4.

LOL at 25k. at least make it a sum large enough that it matters. the UFC has become such a fucking circus.

Damn, 25k. I bet Jones is thinking about how much coke he could have bought with that.

The UFC has also been one of his sponsors...they probably just gave him an extra 25K to pay the fine.

That's like my boss taking 10 bucks off my paycheck. I can buy something with that, but it does not really affect my budget at all.

Back