UFC Fighters Who Got Cut... and Then Signed Again with UFC

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A lot of complaints here lately about cut fighters. But there's a growing list of fighters who have returned after getting their act together outside the UFC. I heard somebody like Cote was told when he was cut if he could string together several wins, he'd get his old 'job' back. It's a revolving door, not a lifetime ban.

* Todd Duffee
* Soa Palelei
* Josh Barnett
* Vinny Magalhaes
* Jason High
* Nate Marquandt
* Patrick Cote
* Thales Leites

Who else?

Josh Neer, Cro Cop, Jorge Santiago, Dennis Hallman, Dan Henderson (left on his own terms if I'm not mistaken)

Fabricio Werdum, Denis Siver and Boetsch are three other ones on top of my head.

fun story:

both Koscheck and Fitch were briefly cut for about a day back in I think 2008 over the UFC's right to use their likeness in one of their video games.

They quickly agreed to the usage of their likeness and resigned

Josh Neer, Cro Cop, Jorge Santiago, Dennis Hallman, Dan Henderson (left on his own terms if I'm not mistaken)

Hendo got offered more by SF and left.

Everybody from AKA and Golden Gloves? They were cut for like a day lol.

Doomsday Howard too.

1omys2.gif

11+Nate+Diaz+vs.+Josh+Thomson+3.gif

fun story:

both Koscheck and Fitch were briefly cut for about a day back in I think 2008 over the UFC's right to use their likeness in one of their video games.

They quickly agreed to the usage of their likeness and resigned

Didn't they cut every single AKA fighter briefly over that thing?

Imagine if they hadn't come to terms, Cain Velasquez would be current Bellator champ.

Hendo and Werdum were not really cut. There is a long list of guys they have cut and brought back. Jamie Varner and Jay Hieron were recent ones. Well, Varner wasn't brought over from WEC initially and then was later singed by the UFC.

Usually formerly cut guys are kept on the dial for last minute replacements.

Also I think Yves Edwards has been cut and brought back a bunch of times. The Golddust of the UFC.

Hendo and Werdum were not really cut. There is a long list of guys they have cut and brought back. Jamie Varner and Jay Hieron were recent ones. Well, Varner wasn't brought over from WEC initially and then was later singed by the UFC.

Usually formerly cut guys are kept on the dial for last minute replacements.

Also I think Yves Edwards has been cut and brought back a bunch of times. The Golddust of the UFC.

Werdum was released. Hendo left because SF offered him more money than Dana was. Check the link below about Werdum who had confirmed his release back in 2008.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2008/11/fabricio-werdum-confirms-release-by-ufc

Varner got cut from UFC, then wasn't brought over when they took WEC but is here now:)
Werdum and hendo too and also randy way back in the day

Didn't Tim Hague get cut and come back twice?

Wand left the UFC after fighting Tito. I'm not sure if it was from being cut or a better offer, but obviously he has been back for many years.

Gabe Reudiger. Fought Guillard before TUF, got kicked off for missing weight, and got invited back a few years later as a punching bag for Lauzon and Paul Taylor.

Back