UFC fighters that should also be off limits to negative comments on Sherdog

No fighter, or person in general, is exempt from criticism.

Travis Browne cause he is her man. And she's his woman.

"Ban you ugly!"
goodbehav-sticking-tongue.jpg

It makes you look like a whining little girl from kindergartner calling for your teacher

Here's a good rule people can use about fighter bashing. It answers all of the questions and concerns you and other raise.

"Fighter Bashing (including refs, promoters and the like) won't be tolerated anywhere on the board. Criticism is fine, flaming isn't. Minor bashing such as "so and so sucks, is a dick, etc." is a double yellow, while extreme bashing like "so and so is a pile of shit, ***got, etc." will result in a ban."
I feel like where this falls apart is when you are criticizing something that is more subjective. So like it's easy to say "that guy needs to improve their jab", but when it's something more internal like "that person has a bad attitude" you get into these shades of grey. I feel like a lot of the Ronda stuff was in that area of grey because people were criticizing her mentality rather than her ability. Mentality is part of the game, but there's definitely a line that you can't cross... it's just not a bright line. More a "you know it when you see it" kinda thing.

Lol at all these Shervag's bitching. The mods have allowed more fighter bashing in the past four months than my entire decade on this site yet a couple of threads get deleted and we're ready to petition the Supreme Court about a violation of our first amendment rights. You can't write this shit

After the censorship of Ronda Rousey threads I have been going through posts from the last month to decide if other fighters have been the victim of "fighter bashing" on Sherdog. I have been looking at fighters that are being targeted for reasons that don't involve their actions in competition and are not of an illegal nature.

My nominations are TJ Dillashaw, Michael Bisping and Chris Weidman. And yes, I understand they are male fighters but fighter bashing rules should be the same for both male and female fighters.

Gee, and here I thought this was the mods job to do that.

Ronda haters had a good run, a solid 90 days of hate fueled hate. Buncha pussies imo. Glad someone is cleaning this place up a bit.

The enforcement of the "fighter bashing" rule is completely arbitrary on here. It seems to be don't say anything that could be construed as negative about a fighter that any particular mod happens to like, but you can go all out on some guys.

Glad someone is cleaning this place up a bit.

Agreed. The crazy vitriol has been getting out of hand lately and it's barely been worth coming on here.

Good, getting real tired of Ronda haters, make fun of her lost.. okey.. but make fun of her crying or bady shape or everything else she do is lame. get a life noobs. No ronda fan.

You can't say she didn't bring it on herself. If she'd acted with more humility and hadn't been so delusional and confrontational a lot more people would have sympathy for her. You reap what you sow.

You can't say she didn't bring it on herself. If she'd acted with more humility and hadn't been so delusional and confrontational a lot more people would have sympathy for her. You reap what you sow.

Didn´t know what she does to be hate like this, to lazy to read, but if part of this hate is because of her confrontation with Miesha Tate, that means hater are brainless, that was just a comercial shit to sell tickets. Anything else? Did she cut weight? was she caught on steroids? did she cheat on fights (eyes pokes).. Did she do bad things on her personal life like hit and run pregnants?

I know the best way to get around this.....

+ TJ is not a little snake in the grass..
+ Michael Bisping is not a one eyed loser who will never be champ.
+ Ronda is not a horrible person who deserves everything that is happening to her.
+ Joe Son is the sweetest man in the world and I hope great things come his way.

Nobody has said there can't a thread w/ negative about RR. Quit the crying. They're just saying you can't go after her like a jilted lesbian teen lover.

Last time I checked, the country I live in is a America. Don't we have freedom of speech or was I mistaken? Sorry less free countries :(

But Honda is a special snowflake and people shouldn't be allowed to talk about what SHE Says because of feels and stuff........ War wmma

I don't know what's going on here.

But i think Gegard Mousasi should be off limits to shit talk simply because he doesnt talk shit to anyone, he minds his own business,and hes a young fighter who actually is down to fight, he competes at mw but has subbed manhoef and hunt for fuck sake. How many mws can sub hunt?

Back