UFC fighter's reflections on feminism, correct or out of line?

Her views on these things sound about as well-informed and thought out as Monson's political philosophies.

So you believe that sex is merely a social construct and that biology and hormones play absolutely no role in influencing the behaviors of males and females?

Sometimes you get lucky and offer decent, yet predictable, insight when it comes to certain political views, but when it comes to anything relating to identity politics you consistently, and predictably, embarrass yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't see anything news worthy here.

A female athlete pointed out that their are gender differences.

She also happens to support dressing appropriately in school.

How is this "hateful"?

That second quote could be - and often is - the argument for women not being allowed to participate in MMA.

No.

But it is a great argument for why we segregate the genders in MMA. Or do you think men and women are equal in every aspect, and the two 135lb divisions should be merged?

No.

But it is a great argument for why we segregate the genders in MMA. Or do you think men and women are equal in every aspect, and the two 135lb divisions should be merged?

I'm saying that it often is the argument. I'm not saying that I agree with the argument.

Don't see anything news worthy here.

A female athlete pointed out that their are gender differences.

She also happens to support dressing appropriately in school.

How is this "hateful"?

A writer at Salon (possibly Dochter?) explains why dress codes are a tool of rape culture. It basically comes down to this: enforcing dress codes in public places is almost the same as telling women they deserved to be raped because of the clothing they wore. Unless you let women wear whatever they want whenever they want to wear it, you are promoting rape culture.

From the article:

Dress codes are a tool of rape culture. Back to that.

We are underestimating men by telling them they can’t control themselves. We are underestimating women by assuming they won’t recognize the injustice of perpetual slut-shaming. And we are underestimating the capacity of simple school dress codes to do damage to the students who must abide them. Beyond that, we are repeating the same conversation. This is the same conversation we’re having about street harassment. This is the same conversation we’re having about rape on college campuses. This conversation is not at all productive, because it isn’t a conversation at all. It is a mandate that women bear the burden of preventing violence against them. It absolves perpetrators of blame and is one of the most direct methods of perpetuating violence over again. Telling a woman that her stretchy pants are too distracting for the classroom is one step away from telling her that her dress was too short at that party — and that she should’ve considered wearing something else if she didn’t want to be raped.

Source: http://www.salon.com/2014/10/01/nor...dangerous_threat_to_male_students_yoga_pants/

my-body-my-choice.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So you believe that sex is merely a social construct and that biology and hormones play absolutely no role in influencing the behaviors of males and females?

Sometimes you get lucky and offer decent, yet predictable, insight when it comes to certain political views, but when it comes to anything relating to identity politics you consistently, and predictably, embarrass yourself.
You're hilariously predictable in how you overreact.
Nothing in what I wrote would remotely imply what you're idiotically proposing are my thoughts. There are absolutely biological differences between males and females (I wonder why you separate hormones from biology but, whatever). I'm quite certain I understand those biological differences better than do you. I certainly agree with whatever her name is that there are things females are better at than males and vice-versa.

Given that your view of identity politics is so asinine, i.e. (white) males are the truly disenfranchised and dis-empowered, I'll take your assessment of me as a compliment. Pearls before swine as it were.

2 in my opinion. There is a double standard when it comes to promiscuity. Girls that sleep with a bunch of guys are labeled sluts, which in most cases is derogatory. But guys who sleep with a bunch of girls are usually the kings of their schools and are looked at much more positively.

But I do agree that encouraging your kids to dress tastefully and having that kind of influence in their lives is definitely a good thing.

This is because of the force of sexual selection or at least the pressures on resources of those involved. It's completely basic, obvious biology and it's effect on our experience. A women risks 16yrs work from a sexual encounter, a man risks 12 minutes. Women's sexuality is therefore much more valuable and it's why they are the sexual selectors. This dynamic is seen in a fuck ton of species.

She is right. My wife agrees.

A writer at Salon (possibly Dochter?) explains why dress codes are a tool of rape culture. It basically comes down to this: enforcing dress codes in public places is almost the same as telling women they deserved to be raped because of the clothing they wore. Unless you let women wear whatever they want whenever they want to wear it, you are promoting rape culture.

From the article:

Dress codes are a tool of rape culture. Back to that.

We are underestimating men by telling them they can

Good girl.

Would be my new fav fighter, if she wasn't a female.

Given that your view of identity politics is so asinine, i.e. (white) males are the truly disenfranchised and dis-empowered, I'll take your assessment of me as a compliment. Pearls before swine as it were.

When it comes to identity politics posters like yourself are all predictably the same; straight, white cis-males are evil colonial oppressors while women and people of color are all helpless victims who need and deserve special treatment. History is the story of the white male conquering, destroying, enslaving and oppressing women and people of color. If someone questions this narrative they can easily be dismissed with words like "racist," "islamophobic," "homophobic," "misogynist," "rape apologist," "hate-speech," "white-privilege" and so on.

More importantly, since you want to dismiss everything Hyatt said with a snide comment, what specifically did she write that makes her wrong?

When it comes to identity politics posters like yourself are all predictably the same; straight, white cis-males are evil colonial oppressors while women and people of color are all helpless victims who need and deserve special treatment. History is the story of the white male conquering, destroying, enslaving and oppressing women and people of color. If someone questions this narrative they can easily be dismissed with words like "racist," "islamophobic," "homophobic," "misogynist," "rape apologist," "hate-speech," "white-privilege" and so on.

Dochter has never said anything like the positions you're attributing to him (and neither has anyone else here). You're just presenting opposition to your extremism (and alarmism) as being extremism in the opposite direction. Perfect example of why discussions go downhill so fast here.

Respect yourself and those around you and this is never a problem.

Nothing in what I wrote would remotely imply what you're idiotically proposing are my thoughts. There are absolutely biological differences between males and females (I wonder why you separate hormones from biology but, whatever). I'm quite certain I understand those biological differences better than do you. I certainly agree with whatever her name is that there are things females are better at than males and vice-versa.

I'm confused as to what you were referring to originally. What's your dispute with the woman's viewpoint?

You do realize that this is the woman who tried to get all chummy with the Sherdog Off-Topic kids and was run out in shambles, right?

She goes through weird lengths to win fans.

feminism is fantastic!
personally i'm really happy i was not born a female, i'd hate to have that life.
so many of you talk as if there is only one type of feminist and thats all. these ones absolutely hate males and have hairy armpits!
i've had relationships with women who i guess you could say were feminists. all that meant was they don't take shit from men, and that they were strong, and didn't necessarily feel they NEEDED a man to make them happy.
i'd rather be in a relationship with a woman who is a feminist than one that wasn't, or didn't even know how to spell the word!
the women i've known were just ordinary females, they weren't militant or look like dykes!
look at how women are treated in all the cultures around the world, who'd really want their lives? history shows that once upon a time women were treated in much the same way in the west.
there are still plenty of men who treat women like crap simply because they believe they own them.

yep, i don't know why these girls are complaining so much about their lot in life.

i've had relationships with women who i guess you could say were feminists. all that meant was they don't take shit from men, and that they were strong, and didn't necessarily feel they NEEDED a man to make them happy.

This post made Hatestorm start sweating profusely. It's like reading a horror story to him.

My gf is a feminist and she hates the ignorant radical modern day feminist, same as me. I can't stand radical feminists that blame men for everything

Dochter has never said anything like the positions you're attributing to him (and neither has anyone else here). You're just presenting opposition to your extremism (and alarmism) as being extremism in the opposite direction. Perfect example of why discussions go downhill so fast here.

Of course, Dochter and his kind (Jukai) are never explicit about their views, but it's implied in their every accusation of racism, their support of the groundless rape culture assertion, their aggressive "shit poster" attacks towards those who would dare challenge the monotonously narrow and simplistic feminist dichotomies of oppressor vs. oppressed, of privileged shitlord vs victim that they are conditioned by the feminist biased media, like Pavlov's Dogs, to viciously attack and mock those who refuse to be spoon-fed the ridiculous feminist agenda.

Dochter suffers from such cognitive dissonance caused by feminism that he mocks Bec Hyatt in one post and then states that he completely agrees with her in his next post.

tumblr_mq3gepIITU1s1zzruo4_500.gif

Back