UFC fighter with the most misleading record?

Penn. It's going to piss me off so much in a few years when a bunch of new fans come in and are all "Hurr Durr look at his record! BJ Penn clearly was never that good!"

BJ Penn, most of his losses are to guys in higher weight classes than he should have never fought in. I mean he fought Lyoto at Heavyweight for god's sake.

Frankie Edgar has been in so many close fights his record could be interpreted in a few different ways.

Machida is my favourite fighter. I agree he should've got the nod against rampage and Davis.

But he shouldve dropped the first shogun fight so maybe 22-3

you are right I didn't think about the first Shogun fight... I would call it a draw though or shogun barely.

Possibly also someone like John Hathaway: 17-2 overall, 7-2 in the UFC, but not even close to being on the radar as far as another top-15 opponent goes.

Da Bones: 20-1

That 1 loss irks me!

jon-jones.opxr-44905-mid.jpg

everyone know jones is undefeated still.(minus the maulers nuthuggers)

Looking at his record, you wouldn't think Alistair Overeem is one of the best heavyweights in the world.

Matt Brown is impressive because he hasn't faced a top fighter yet.

BJ Penn, most of his losses are to guys in higher weight classes than he should have never fought in. I mean he fought Lyoto at Heavyweight for god's sake.

He wanted to prove he was the best. Hespect.

But yeah, his record is a bit misleading and causes people that weren't around for the BJ era to think he's "overrated" haha

I think DHK's 19-2 is also pretty misleading, especially when you consider he's had 13 UFC fights and his best win is arguably Erick Silva.

Penn. It's going to piss me off so much in a few years when a bunch of new fans come in and are all "Hurr Durr look at his record! BJ Penn clearly was never that good!"

I agree to a point, but there is a time when BJ's skillset was vastly superior, but he stopped progressing and the game passed him by. Damn shame because he definitely could've gotten better with a proper camp. As a big BJ fan, I honestly don't think the Frankie fight will be that competitive. Frankie UD 49-46

this.

He is meeting Edgar at 145 in June and literally more than half of his losses are above 155............ lol

Still, his confidence in himself at 170+ probably stems from the fact that he dropped a Hughes at the height of his powers then dominated him on the ground, took his back and choked him out.. all in one round. After medaling on the world stage during his first 3 years of training.

Former UFC fighter, but Miguel Torres had a Fedor-like record.

Back