UFC fighter wiki pages that are clearly written by fans.

lol look what I found in the talk page of the Vitor Belfort article:

Quit changing it back: Bruce Buffer incorrectly called the submission an Americana. First of all the Americana is just a nickname given to a Keylock. Jones is a catch wrestler and the move he used was a DWL or Double Wrist Lock. It takes a trained eye to catch the difference but a true Keylock/Americana puts the opponents arm around a 90degree angle. The catch wrestlers developed a similar more called a DWL, but they pull the elbow in close to the body to put more pressure on it with less movement. If you check out the UFC website, they don't even put it down as a submission via an Americana, they just put submission. Bruce Buffer didn't know the difference and got it wrong. I'm advanced at both JiuJitsu and Catch Wrestling and a licensed fighter/ref/judge and know the differences.

His was actually one I saw that made me feel like it was very suspect. They should be accurate as new fans looking for some info would likely check wiki first

Suspect?

Some fights were omitted that shouldn't have been, namely the Overeem fights (they are however listed in his MMA record on the page).

Some pages show extreme bias or flat out do not mention losses or play them down, it is shocking.

No. The India rape case is shocking. The Colorado movie shootings were shocking. This is fan boys with wiki accounts.

lprGo.gif

anthony johnson has got lots of fans in wikipedia LOL

anthony johnson has got lots of fans in wikipedia LOL

rumble's wiki page was hilarious for a long while!
it was all about cheeseburgers, eating contests, and more cheeseburgers.

Some pages show extreme bias or flat out do not mention losses or play them down, it is shocking.

well, imagine the type of person that would get glee out of editing wiki pages for fun.

then come to sherdog and view the average mma fan.

any questions?

The Pride wiki page used to have a bunch of opinions about how good it was, with resource links that went to some fansite. I deleted them.

wiki is hilarious sometimes, the article about Knuckles (Sonic videogame character) is bigger than the article about god.

Ian McCall's page used to say beside McCall/MM I - Draw (robbery)

I know what you're talking about, TS. I went to Wikipedia, just a few hours ago to check up on how quadratic equations work, and I could clearly tell it was written by a mathematician.

Don't worry, the wikitrolls are trying to delete most of the MMA articles anyway, so most of them will be gone soon.

the funniest edit I've ever seen on a Wikipedia article was for Sean Salmon. I happened to be looking at his Wiki page (yeah I dont get out much) and at the top it said, and I quote "...He is known for getting KTFO by Rashad Evans and Jorge Santiago." Many lolz were had at that.

Another good one was Pat Barrys record showing 3 KO wins against Cheick Kongo and a KO loss. Hilarious shit.

The guy attacks everywhere lol, I hope some people remember the "can opener" episode.

Yep, lol, his new Sherdog acct. name is ABC

The guy attacks everywhere lol, I hope some people remember the "can opener" episode.

Willdawg is on a mission of confrontation across web demensions.

Back