UFC fighter wiki pages that are clearly written by fans.

DanTremlett

Green Belt
Reaction score
Some pages show extreme bias or flat out do not mention losses or play them down, it is shocking.

Some pages show extreme bias or flat out do not mention losses or play them down, it is shocking.

I'd rather see that than to see them get deleted by some sorry excuse for a human being.

Some of them make me think they're actually edited by the fighter not the fans

Some of them make me think they're actually edited by the fighter not the fans

Vitor Belfort's page is one of the worst, it made no mention at all of his losses to Overeem, so I edited the page to include them (I don't even like Reem because of his drug test dodging) because I felt it needed to be added.

Mainly because at this stage, the only people editing these pages, and most of the viewers in fact, will be fans or affiliated people.

Or written by peole who clearly arn't fans...

I remember Dion Starings page sying he was Dutch Icecream Eating Champion as well as being a succesfull male modle and the face for Uggs in Europe...

Not a UFC fighter, but there is soooo much bias, editorializing and inflated accomplishments in this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnaud_Lepont

On March 17, 2012 Lepont faced unbeaten Polish fighter Krzysztof Hajtalowicz at DARE Championship 2/12. The fight was a quarter final match up with the winner moving on to the semi finals of the welterweight tournament. Lepont defeated Hajtalowicz by guillotine in the opening round, it was the first loss of Hajtalowicz's career.

On the 23 June 2012, Arnaud Lepont step into One Fighting Championship's cage to face the "Polar Bear" Brian Choi. Lepont pushed the pace of the fight, turning it into a fantastic and entertaining brawl. Lepont finished the fight with a Rear Naked Chock in the third round, rising is record to 9-1. He is the first fighter ever to stop Brian Choi before the limit and also the first to submit him.

Due to his victory at ONE FC, legendary Brazilian Fourth level Jiu jitsu black belt Suyan Queiroz recognized him as a BJJ purple belt.
He is the first French Native MMA fighter to fight and win, in the main event card of a major MMA organisation in Asia and the first fighter ever to get a yellow card before the beginning of a fight and still pull the victory.

Achievements

French Pancrase Champion 2005
Gods of War (G.O.W) Welterweight World Champion (Current title holder)
OneFC Current Lightweight fighter
DareFC Star Fighter
First French Native MMA fighter to fight and win, in the main event card of a major MMA organisation in Asia.
First French Native MMA fighter to fight the main event of a major MMA organisation in Asia.

Managers edit fighter Wiki pages if they can be fucked too, that's pretty clear.

And obviously if anyone else was to edit them, it would be fans because they would be the only ones to give a shit about doing so.

Tell us something else new.

THX, i thought that wiki had ONLY great articles written by dr.dr.dr.dr xyz guys. wow im still shocked!

I'm surprised they still have individual fighter pages. With what wiki did to the individual event pages I wouldn't be surprised if they cut those too.

Or written by peole who clearly arn't fans...

I remember Dion Starings page sying he was Dutch Icecream Eating Champion as well as being a succesfull male modle and the face for Uggs in Europe...

He isn't all of those things?

Vitor Belfort's page is one of the worst, it made no mention at all of his losses to Overeem, so I edited the page to include them (I don't even like Reem because of his drug test dodging) because I felt it needed to be added.

His was actually one I saw that made me feel like it was very suspect. They should be accurate as new fans looking for some info would likely check wiki first

Back