UFC fighter Vince Murdock desperately needs $195,000 to save his brain and his life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think none of those things.
Think about this. The US spends 20% of its GDP on healthcare. The rest of the first world spends about 8% of its GDP on healthcare. The US spends 3.5% of its GDP on the military. Do the math; 20-8 = 12%. Now calculate how many aircraft carriers, guns, and awesome stuff you could have if you fixed healthcare. The American healthcare system is massively hurting the things you value.

as a doctor all I can say is life is unfair sometimes. Not sure of his financial situation either. maybe he could have afforded health insurance but thought... 'nah im a young fighter i'll be ok'. Or maybe he really just couldn't afford it as many people struggle to.

as far as i'm aware the US has the best doctors.. or at least attracts the best doctors because we pay more and are taxed less. There are always foreign grads trying to get into medical school and residency spots here. Hardly ever hear of US grads saying 'you know what? this healthcare system blows... i'm moving to Europe to start my practice'.
Oh thank goodness someone with common sense. Please stay, we need you on this thread and forum!!!

I think none of those things.

I also think you are a loser, a weak-minded fool who will surrender his freedom for the lie of security. You are not sort of man at all.

I will keep my money, my guns, and my words. Come, take them, and you can hear my voice just before you receive my bullet from my gun I bought with my money. Don't tread on me, little boy.

It's clear that you don't think at all an know even less.
If I wanted to interact with wankers like you I'd post to the war room but I don't. Ignorant fuckers like you should stay there and do your group reach arounds and circle jerks where no one else has to see it.

Think about this. The US spends 20% of its GDP on healthcare. The rest of the first world spends about 8% of its GDP on healthcare. The US spends 3.5% of its GDP on the military. Do the math; 20-8 = 12%. Now calculate how many aircraft carriers, guns, and awesome stuff you could have if you fixed healthcare. The American healthcare system is massively hurting the things you value.
I cannot comment on what you said because it is anecdotal.

When you say "costs", does that mean cost of...doctors? Insurance payments per year? Government funding? Healthcare is not some 1-page concept that you can bottom-line with a little spreadsheet. It involves hospitals, insurance, doctors, drugs, pharm companies, you name it.

Our doctors are paid better, so they are better. That part I am sure of, or I am confident in at least.

Canada's rich come here for treatment.
Rand Paul chose to go to Canada to get his hernia surgery done there rather than in the United States, because he could get it done better there. And you are conveniently ignoring that there is a huge medical tourism industry catering to people who can't afford the price of healthcare in the U.S. and so seek it in other countries. That option doesn't help, however, for those too poor, or are otherwise unable, to travel
We do not want your world, and you have been lied about how accessible healthcare is here in the US.
They haven't been lied to, except by people like you. I know by my personal experience with the healthcare system here. There wouldn't be so much of a popular uprising for Medicare-For-All if a lot of other people weren't suffering from insufficient access to healthcare too. And that uprising for Medicare-For-All would be even larger than it already is if there wasn't so much use of scare tactics put forward by the greedy establishment politicians who get paid big bucks to protect the rapacious practices of private insurance companies.

It's clear that you don't think at all an know even less.
If I wanted to interact with wankers like you I'd post to the war room but I don't. Ignorant fuckers like you should stay there and do your group reach arounds and circle jerks where no one else has to see it.
Ooooh the anger of a loser living in a little flat, telling me how I cannot have my money, my speech, or my gun.

Sucks to have no power AND not be respected huh? How did that trade of freedom for security work out chump? Nice life.

I cannot comment on what you said because it is anecdotal.

When you say "costs", does that mean cost of...doctors? Insurance payments per year? Government funding? Healthcare is not some 1-page concept that you can bottom-line with a little spreadsheet. It involves hospitals, insurance, doctors, drugs, pharm companies, you name it.

Our doctors are paid better, so they are better. That part I am sure of, or I am confident in at least.
Total spending; US spends 20% of its GDP -- other countries spend 8% of their GDP. Government spending though? The US is still super high; the US has more government spending on healthcare per person than any country in the world except Norway.

We went to the moon in 1969 now we couldn't even put a man into space ourselves until like a year ago. 12% of our GDP freed up would give us like 200 aircraft carriers, fund 400 Mars missions a year.. Our waste on healthcare is hampering our country's potential greatness.

Rand Paul chose to go to Canada to get his hernia surgery done there rather than in the United States, because he could get it done better there. And you are conveniently ignoring that there is a huge medical tourism industry catering to people who can't afford the price of healthcare in the U.S. and so seek it in other countries. That option doesn't help, however, for those too poor, or are otherwise unable, to travel

They haven't been lied to, except by people like you. I know by my personal experience with the healthcare system here. There wouldn't be so much of a popular uprising for Medicare-For-All if a lot of other people weren't suffering from insufficient access to healthcare too. And that uprising would be even larger than it is if there wasn't so much use of scare tactics by the greedy establishment politicians who get paid big bucks to protect the rapacious practices of private insurance companies.
Private insurance companies were the most benefited by Obamacare. That law, a Democrat product, forced every member of society to be an involuntary customer. THAT is what fascism looks like.

Stop with your experiences, they are not evidence.

And there is a popular rise for free everything. Free housing, free healthcare, free college. Nice job omitting that huh? MUST BE THOSE HEALTH CARE COSTS!!! Our society is full of entitled people, be they second-generation immigrants full of liberal propaganda, or just idiot college kids who think what they learned about Asian Feminism means something in the real world.

I went to one of the top 20 law schools in the US, after going to one of the top 50 universities in the US. I was a national merit scholar. If you want to insult me, by all means, go ahead. But it will not change the fact that you are forever stuck in the middle class, and I am both more educated and more fiscally successful than you are. But please, keep typing!

Which books do you want to discuss? I prefer "The War in Russia", that one was a favorite.
Wait, top 20 law school (nothing to brag about ).
Top 50 universities (absolutely not a brag, honest though, I'll give you that).
Stuck in middle class? You don't know that, maybe he's happy there, maybe he's fucking royalty, you just don't know.
More educated and more fiscally successful, you absolutely have no idea regarding his education and financial situation, to even dare to declare that you're better educated, a higher class, financially more successful is massively arrogant, completely redundant and very, very telling.
Add to all that you're also asking people to meet you for a bit of a brawl and I have to say from my point of view your proudest moment so far is the crayon drawing your foster mother has on her fridge, she hates it but she can't be bothered with you acting like a cunt so...it's up there.

Why would you give your bullets away but keep your gun?
Because it's proven that if delivered in the right manner, a bullet given from a gun can make bad people go away

Total spending; US spends 20% of its GDP -- other countries spend 8% of their GDP. Government spending though? The US is still super high; the US has more government spending on healthcare per person than any country in the world except Norway.

We went to the moon in 1969 now we couldn't even put a man into space ourselves until like a year ago. 12% of our GDP freed up would give us like 200 aircraft carriers, fund 400 Mars missions a year..
I don't think we are talking about the same thing sir.

Government-funded healthcare would not lower our expenses by any stretch. It would result in corruption and redistribution of wealth, just like every program like it in US big cities has. I see it in NYC, which has no check on the Democrat party. Free, free, free...service quality dropping, taxes and regulations rising, and people with money leaving. Look at places where this has already happened.

Wait, top 20 law school (nothing to brag about ).
Top 50 universities (absolutely not a brag, honest though, I'll give you that).
Stuck in middle class? You don't know that, maybe he's happy there, maybe he's fucking royalty, you just don't know.
More educated and more fiscally successful, you absolutely have no idea regarding his education and financial situation, to even dare to declare that you're better educated, a higher class, financially more successful is massively arrogant, completely redundant and very, very telling.
Add to all that you're also asking people to meet you for a bit of a brawl and I have to say from my point of view your proudest moment so far is the crayon drawing your foster mother has on her fridge, she hates it but she can't be bothered with you acting like a cunt so...it's up there.
What you just wrote was a word-salad. Not worth responding to.

Breaking news: doctors, facilities, and drugs that cost billions to develop cost MONEY. If you prefer Europe's immigrant-only doctors and 6 month "equal" healthcare waiting lines, off you go.
One of the most childish and just outright stupid post ive seen on sherdog. If u have no idea about healthcare in other nations keep your mouth closed kid. You sound like a complete fool on the matter, really living up to that muricas are dunmies and have no clue about the outside world stereotype

The right to choose how to spend your money is only great for the wealthy? Pretty sure freedom is good for everyone. Being poor is shitty but that's a separate issue
No. It isn't a separate issue. The rich are waging class warfare against everyone else. They pay the politicians to pass laws that benefit them (the rich) at the expense of everyone else, so that the government serves them pretty much exclusively, and the wealth disparity grows ever larger. More and more people become "free" only to try to make ends meet by long and poorly recompensed hours of labor. Wage-slavery is not true freedom. That's why it is called slavery.

One of the most childish and just outright stupid post ive seen on sherdog. If u have no idea about healthcare in other nations keep your mouth closed kid. You sound like a complete fool on the matter, really living up to that muricas are dunmies and have no clue about the outside world stereotype
Great comment. Top notch, very valuable and 100% capable of changing everyones' mind.

No but really, you sound like a moron. Which is ok, your being a moron thankfully does not take a dollar out of my pocket.

No. It isn't a separate issue. The rich are waging class warfare against everyone else. They pay the politicians to pass laws that benefit them (the rich) at the expense of everyone else, so that the government serves them pretty much exclusively. And that leads more and more people to be "free" only to try to make ends meet by long and poorly recompensed hours of labor. Wage-slavery is not true freedom. That's why it is called slavery.
The poor pay the politicians with their vote. Or rather, are paid for their vote. Your opinion is based on anger, not facts.

Taxation is slavery by that same token. Something like 40% of my billable hour is owned by the government, meaning I am a slave for 24 minutes in that hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back